The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
sandpiper214

Early Roster Predictions

It's like Christmas morning...the closer you get the longer it seems to take. I have to say that I agree with RatByte over at the infestation. It looks like we're going to have one helluva roster this season. Between the players in Albany and the potentials in Florida I can't wait for the season to start!

Early Roster Predictions

With about six weeks to go before opening night, things are shaping up quite nicely for the River Rats. Offense, defense and goaltending all look solid.

Click on: http://theriverrats.blogspot.com/2009/08/early-roster-predictions.html#comments' target="_blank">The Infestation [/post] for RatByte's take on the 09/10 roster for the Rats. The Infestation looks like it's going to be a valuable addition to the information coming out of Albany and I'll try throughout the season to post a link when it's updated.

Won't the Cane's draft pick, Matt Kennedy be on the Rats this year? Any news on that?

Won't the Cane's draft pick, Matt Kennedy be on the Rats this year? Any news on that?

No one under 20 can play in the AHL unless their junior team's season is over.

No one under 20 can play in the AHL unless their junior team's season is over.
Players can play in the AHL under 20 but not if they have gone threw juniors. Unless they have played 4 full seasons in juniors. Because correct me if I am wrong I am not 100% on this put I think they can start playing in juniors at age like 14 or 15. Like i said but I think they can start that young in juniors. Some one correct me if I am wrong and knows for sure.

Players can play in the AHL under 20 but not if they have gone threw juniors. Unless they have played 4 full seasons in juniors. Because correct me if I am wrong I am not 100% on this put I think they can start playing in juniors at age like 14 or 15. Like i said but I think they can start that young in juniors. Some one correct me if I am wrong and knows for sure.

I'm sure you're more familiar with the rules than I am, but I'm not sure what age they start. I haven't looked the rules up or looked at Kennedy's case, hopefully someone knows more than we do. :P

Clears it up for me as well. Nice first post and welcome to the boards.

Extra year always seems like a good idea...this is a tough kid who can skate and play in front of the net...that's all good and just what we need...future 3rd liner perhaps?