The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
MattDoc

Canes vs Flyers - 2/22 - Game Photos - Big Album from Lower Level!!

Wow! It took me a long time to get through my photos. I took about 3-4x more than usual because I was in the lower level (instead of my usual 325).

I also spent some quality time shooting during warmups (from the cutout in the glass near 116, no less!)

A few shots are from 119 and the rest from the top of the section. I was hanging with the press guys. And, I prolly shouldn't say it, but one of the guys let me borrow his sweet 300mm f/2.8 lens (just promise you guys won't go asking the press guys to borrow their gear because one of them offered it to me one time :wink: I didn't ask...he just offered...really nice guy). It was a heavy beast since he was already using his monopod and I didn't have mine.

Anyway, you guys don't care about that...on with the photos (about 80 of them, sorry)!!

http://picasaweb.google.com/mattdoc7/Feb22Flyers

Want a teaser? Sure you do!

Okay, you gotta tell me how you pulled that off.

Great shots, Matt ! I thought one of the interesting ones - from the standpoint of a shot of something we don't normally see - was the one of Commie crashing into the boards in front of the Philly bench, and the Philly guys lunging backwards and covering their faces with their gloves.

Do you recall what was happening then? Did they think Commie and his stick were coming on over, or was the puck involved?

Great shots around Grahame and his goaltending. Nice to see all those Canes crowding the real estate in support of John that night, too. Thanks for sharing! Always a treat !!!

Great shots, Matt ! I thought one of the interesting ones - from the standpoint of a shot of something we don't normally see - was the one of Commie crashing into the boards in front of the Philly bench, and the Philly guys lunging backwards and covering their faces with their gloves.

Do you recall what was happening then? Did they think Commie and his stick were coming on over, or was the puck involved?

Looks to me like the Philly bench was giving Commie the "We're not worthy" wave. But I could be wrong. :wink:

Here are mine. Went away for the weekend so I didn't have a chnace to download them until now.

Sorry mine aren't from some fancy shmancy seats like MattDoc!!! I did get warm-ups though.

Enjoy!

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/557869308ofjBWC

Good stuff ronnie. Love your close ups from warmups.

And remember, it's not a competition. We all just love seeing and sharing the photos.

VRonnie - great shots! your warm up shots of the close-ups are wonderful. Anybody catch the Captain with facial hair showing? RARE shot... thank goodness he didn't let that grow during playoffs - half the fan base would have been in a swoon and cluttered the aisles and parking lots (be still my heart - he would have been a swashbuckler!).

I enjoyed looking at your collection - could have sat and viewed double that and more! Never get tired of looking at our Canes, so you guys keep these coming!!!!

Here are mine. Went away for the weekend so I didn't have a chnace to download them until now.

Sorry mine aren't from some fancy shmancy seats like MattDoc!!! I did get warm-ups though.

Enjoy!

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/557869308ofjBWC

Good stuff ronnie. Love your close ups from warmups.

And remember, it's not a competition. We all just love seeing and sharing the photos.

yeah ... the only competition seems to be getting to the games. I hate I missed this one. My eldest son got tickets from work down in the North Lower Goal Zone and was the first intermission zamboni rider. (I don't suppose either of you happened to catch that moment.) He was stoked about the ride, but he was just getting strapped in when Ladd scored. How fate loves a jest no?

Anyway, Matt's right... I love hockey and I love photography. Put the two together and it don't get any better. (Unless maybe I could take my dogs along or go for free or something else unrealistic like that.) I love you Chad LaRose "old woman" shot. (That would be this one:http://image59.webshots.com/559/7/64/62/29...64nxmYac_ph.jpg)

Wonder if we could get the team to put out a coffee table book of shots taken by Caniacs... That would be an interesting artifact for the serious collector.

Thanks for all the compliments!

I know there is no competition, MattDoc...I was just rubbing in the fact that you had lower level seats!

I never feel any competition between photographers on this board. I am with Canesmojo...I absolutely love taking pictures of the boys and the games. I have been photographing hockey for years and I never tire.

As far as the book goes, I actually made a bound book for my friend for Christmas of nothing but Babchuk photos we had taken throughout his AHL and NHL years. Creative Memories has a program where you place the pictures into pre-set layouts, add captions, upload it to their server and they send you a completed book. It was one of the best presents I have ever given. The book came out awesome. I am hoping to make one of Staal in the near future.

I will be at Tuesday's game, but not sure I will get pictures. I have some people from work coming and I want to spend time with them watching the game. I will not be at Friday's game so I won't have pictures from then.

I am glad I have made it to warm-ups the last few games. I really like getting the close-ups there.