The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
LightningBug

O/T(?) My NHL Player Photo's (Non-Canes)

Thanks for sharing your pictures! Good to see the Pens, seeing as how I don't get to see them anymore *tear* hehe jk

I think it's great that even when they are playing away games, Crosby and Fleury have people toting signs for them. :lol:

HAHA that's awesome. I actually really want a Pens jersey, but I want one with the old logo on it, not the new one. The only redeeming quality to the new jersey is that it has the old logo on the shoulders! LOL

Ooh those are awesome! =]

I never have a chance to get to pre game warm ups (because I'm always late to games....)

I did manage to catch the Habs once though, and the Boston Bruins!

I don't have the Bruins photos uploaded, yet. But I do have my Habs photos..

http://cldesigns.ajerman.com/love/vs%20Canadiens%2011-02-06/

Luckily you guys aren't Habs fans so I don't have to worry about anybody stealing photos ;) but just in case, let me know if you're going to take one. I really don't want them all over the internet.

Aaaand... they're unedited.. so some of them are bad quality and even the bad photos haven't been deleted.

(Mod, if i placed this in the wrong topic please move it to its proper location)

Well, i got it done earlier than expected! There are 3 pages of player photo's and i have their names listed. All pictures were taken at the St. Pete Times Forum in Tampa, FL during warm-ups. Teams are the Bruins, Coyotes, Penguins, Kings, Lightning, Buffalo, and Devils. I know you guys hate the Sabres, but i have some good pictures of good players. Feel free to use them, and post some of your's if you want of other teams!

Link to Players around the league

http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b83/ddrm/NHL%20Players/

Link to only Buffalo pictures

http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b83/ddrm/Buffalo/

-Dan

This one is really choice! Love how you got Vinnie in focus and everybody else blurred. Very cool effect.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b83/ddrm...ier_Vincent.jpg

HAHA that's awesome. I actually really want a Pens jersey, but I want one with the old logo on it, not the new one. The only redeeming quality to the new jersey is that it has the old logo on the shoulders! LOL

Actually, the "new" logo is drevied from the original 1967 logo and was used from 1981 to 1993 with the only difference being a different background color for the triangle. The "old" logo you're referring to wasn't used as a primary crest until 1993 and was replaced with the recolored original in 2002.

You can see them all at http://www.detroithockey.net/nhl/logos/tea...gh_penguins.php,

but here are the original 1967-1993 versions.

1967-68

pittsburgh1967-68.jpg

1968-1972

pittsburgh1968-72.jpg

1972-1993 (Note: The background color was modified slightly in 1981, but the difference was so slight as to be almost unnoticeable unless the two versions are viewed side-by-side. The current version uses a markedly different "old gold"color instead of the primary yellow.)

pittsburgh1972-93.jpg

Ah lol thanks for that history lesson. Yeah I am used to seeing the one used from 93-00 I like that one a lot. Anyone looking to sell a jersey with that logo..I'm your woman :mrgreen:

Ah lol thanks for that history lesson. Yeah I am used to seeing the one used from 93-00 I like that one a lot.

Hey, that's about the only perk of getting old... you know more stuff. Not all of it useful stuff mind you...

Ah lol thanks for that history lesson. Yeah I am used to seeing the one used from 93-00 I like that one a lot.

Hey, that's about the only perk of getting old... you know more stuff. Not all of it useful stuff mind you...

Hehe

Man, I hate the logo they use now...penguins are so NOT mean, stop trying to make them something they aren't! LMAO :lol:

The triangle logo thing? with the head turned? I love that one

Yeah that one...the best ever. If you ever come across a jersey with that logo, let me know!

Maybe you can use your knowledge of stuff to answer me this. Can you tell me when this jersey was used.

mario.jpg

I was thinking sometime in the mid 80s...but wasn't really sure.