The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac23

Requested Pics

Yahoo Sports always has the press photos from the games. You could try Getty Images, but we rarely have a Getty shooter at home games so that would only be good for away games.

But it sounds like you are looking for more "stock" type photos (i.e. shots of individual players skating, puck-handling, shooting, etc. that are used for things like yearbooks and trading cards). If that's the case you'll probably have a tougher time finding shots like that online.

Its hard to get profeshional shots because in Tampa, they don't allow profeshional camera's. I'm suprised they let MattDoc in with his at Carolina, because in Tampa, they wouldn't let him in. They frown upon detachable lenses for some reason. I dont see a big deal with the camera's, just another pointless rule :x

Thanks. I found a couple of Ladd/LaRose from the getty site, going through si now. And yeah, tampas funny about that. Just sneak it somehow/somewhere. Sunrise (pathers) weren't strict at all.

Its hard to get profeshional shots because in Tampa, they don't allow profeshional camera's. I'm suprised they let MattDoc in with his at Carolina, because in Tampa, they wouldn't let him in. They frown upon detachable lenses for some reason. I dont see a big deal with the camera's, just another pointless rule :x

For a while they had the same policy here. From 2001-02 until last year I believe. I was pretty PO'ed when I showed up for my first game in 2001 and was told I'd have to take my camera back to my car. Then last year during the playoffs I ran into somebody I knew who was packing a rig similar to mine and he told me they'd lifted the camera ban for hockey and basketball.

The rules regarding cameras are set by the arena, not the team. So your beef isn't so much with the Bolts as it is the St. Pete Times Forum. In the case of the RBC Center, you're pretty much dealing with the same people since Gale Force manages the arena too. In Tampa, I don't know. Anyway, the ban seemed to vanish abotu the same time Jim McCain did, so maybe that had someething to do with it. I don't know, or care. I'm just happy it went away.

The "big deal" about "professional cameras" (though I've yet to meet a camera that earned a living) is mostly a matter of money and copyright. What they're afraid of is that you'll turn a dollar selling your photographs. In fact, you really can't turn a dollar on them (except in the black market) without giving up a percentage because the NHLPA will take humbrage at you using player images without consent. Not to mention the logos and so forth that are trademarked. You might be able to get away with selling them to a media outlet, but chances are that you wouldn't make a whole lot from the deal.

Anyway, here's hoping the STP Forum does away with their ban like RBC did. It's a nicer world with photos.