The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Wow...just wow

I heard that the game was delayed until everyone stopped laughing. :lol:

I have to admit the Bruins announcers had a field day with them and were relentless with their comments the whole game. At the end of the game, Andy Brickley said "and the final score...the Bruins 2, the inmates 1."

I got to agree though, that is about the ugliest uniform I have ever seen.

On a "wow" side note, "Montreal also lost its goal-scoring leader, centre Robert Lang, likely for a long time as he had a tendon in his left heel sliced by a skate after a harmless looking hit into the boards on Stephane Yelle 8:33 into the third period." I missed that one.

On a "wow" side note, "Montreal also lost its goal-scoring leader, centre Robert Lang, likely for a long time as he had a tendon in his left heel sliced by a skate after a harmless looking hit into the boards on Stephane Yelle 8:33 into the third period." I missed that one.

wow is right, I missed that too. :huh:

I have to admit the Bruins announcers had a field day with them and were relentless with their comments the whole game. At the end of the game, Andy Brickley said "and the final score...the Bruins 2, the inmates 1."

LOL...damn I knew that I should have watched the B's broadcast instead of going with CBC's. I myself thought that the jerseys were classic, but ugly. I didn't recognize the Habs until I saw the scoreboard at the top.

personally...I love them...they are RETRO...part of their storied tradition...just don't wear 'em toooo often...lol

Canadien's played the Bruins today wearing their vintage.....umm...pj's

FeatureImage.jpg

which are replicas of these....

barber_shop.jpg

The CAC on the old jersey's stand for the "Canadian Athletic Club." Love the colors but they looked like inmates on the ice. If they thought the jersey's would take the Bruins off their game by making them dizzy, they were wrong but it did make me dizzy watching on TV. :lol:

That is horrible! Poor dude.

I agree, "worst uniform ever" (in Simon Cowell voice) "bloody awwful"

Picture caption anyone?

02022009fight600.jpg

Shawn Thornton: "Dude, I didnt choose those jersey's for you!"

Guy in background (focused on the stripes): "They cant be serious"

02022009fight600.jpg

Announcer: "And another right by Henry! Looks like Shawn Thornton is unable to regain his composure from laughing so hard about the Hab's new uniform. Ohhhhh, and another right by Henry!!! That'll teach him!"

Another interesting thing thats completely unrelated to the Habs jersey's is that the Bruins have started something called the "Hard Hat of the Game".

HARD HAT TALLY: Alternate Captain Glen Murray introduced the Bruins Hard Hat to the locker room on February 19 following the team's win over Carolina. The Hard Hat is awarded to the hardest working Bruin during a B's win and is selected by the previous game's Hard Hat recipient.

Glad the Canes could inspire something so motivating for the Bruins :rolleyes:

The Bruins are really starting to feel like the Canes of 06 even down to the Hard Hat award/Relentless wine award (aka champagne on ice per Linda Ruffles).

OK, back to the awesome striped jersey's...

Another interesting thing thats completely unrelated to the Habs jersey's is that the Bruins have started something called the "Hard Hat of the Game".

HARD HAT TALLY: Alternate Captain Glen Murray introduced the Bruins Hard Hat to the locker room on February 19 following the team's win over Carolina. The Hard Hat is awarded to the hardest working Bruin during a B's win and is selected by the previous game's Hard Hat recipient.

Glad the Canes could inspire something so motivating for the Bruins :rolleyes:

The Bruins are really starting to feel like the Canes of 06 even down to the Hard Hat award/Relentless wine award (aka champagne on ice per Linda Ruffles).

OK, back to the awesome striped jersey's...

Isn't Glen Murray retired? Or have I just not seen him on the ice this season...

Isn't Glen Murray retired? Or have I just not seen him on the ice this season...

He was put on waivers and then had his contract bought but I have no idea whatever happened with that since right after they announced the buy out, he had ankle surgery which took him out for the rest of the season. Sounded a little fishy to me <_<