The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
300sectionjr

9/16/2007 Game vs. Capitals

Thanks! That is actually one of the first good shots of Commodore that I got....I seem to always have the worst timing when it comes to taking pictures of him.

Yesterday was all but a perfect day so I am not surprised that I got one of him.

We were standing over in 112 for the warmups, next to a lady with a very interesting sign dedicated to John Grahame. :lol:

I must've been standing right behind you at warmups, 'cos it looks like we had the same angle, but you were down closer to the glass.

I must've been standing right behind you at warmups, 'cos it looks like we had the same angle, but you were down closer to the glass.

You may have been. I lied btw, I was not in 112, I was in 110/111 taking pictures and I had the advantage of having a little one tag along so I could be close to the glass and shoot over his head.

Here are the photos that I took. I didn't take many because I was too busy screaming and clapping to keep my hands on the camera.

http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n98/mic...iac%20Carnival/

I was having that problem too. I couldn't really shoot during the game, because I was afraid if we scored my camera would go flying out of my hand :lol:

You may have been. I lied btw, I was not in 112, I was in 110/111 taking pictures and I had the advantage of having a little one tag along so I could be close to the glass and shoot over his head.

I was having that problem too. I couldn't really shoot during the game, because I was afraid if we scored my camera would go flying out of my hand :lol:

That's what neck straps are for!

Me too. My camera was WAY more safe in my bag.

I agree with you guys. I may knock myself or the person next to me out if I wore my camera around my neck.

Great pictures !!! Thanks for sharing!!! :D

Me too. My camera was WAY more safe in my bag.

I agree with you guys. I may knock myself or the person next to me out if I wore my camera around my neck.

Great pictures !!! Thanks for sharing!!! :D

Caniac Carnival 2007

Here is the link to my photos from the autograph session and game. Feel free to download them, but please give credit where needed.

Here are the answers to the questions I know you will probably ask:

1. The glass was horrible so that's why some of the pics look hazy.

2. If you don't know me, I am a huge Staal fan...hence the Staal and (Siedenberg) dog and pony show...

3. Yes, I am right on the glass for the game...got seats right at the zamboni entrance in 111...ok, we just moved down there!

4. Yes, that is Chris Bourque, Ray Bourque's son...I got to meet Chris and Ray in Hershey 2 years ago on a road trip.

4. That is me with Michael Leighton (although the hair is back to it's natural dark brown). I've known Leights for years. I was presenting him with a shutout award when he played in Norfolk in the AHL with the Hawk's organization.

Anything I've missed?

Ok...question for y'all...what in the heck is up with Justin's crazy poses??? LOL!! :blink:

Enjoy!

Whew! Finally I'm done editing, selecting and uploading. It was a tough process 'cos I had a lot of good stuff. But the (hopefully) best of the best you can see here:

200708CanesVCapitals20070916PreSeason.jpg

2007-08 Canes v. Capitals 2007.09.16 (Pre Season)

Oh... and do you see anybody you know here?

PS: I forgot, I put my Carnival shots in a different album.

200708CaniacCarnival07TenthAnniversaryEdition.jpg

2007-08 Caniac Carnival '07 - Tenth Anniversary Edition