The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TarheelMike

11/10 Canes @ Atlanta

Looks like you had awesome seats there!

Hard times leading up to the actual game, but at least the Canes got the W for the first game you have gotten to. :)

I had planned on getting to Atlanta early enough yesterday to catch the tailgate and whatnot and meet up with whoever was be there. However, I ended up getting tied up down here in Montgomery in the morning, and got a late start. If I could get to the game by the pre-game skate, I'd be happy. So I loaded up my four year old and left for Atlanta around 2 central, figuring in time for dinner before the game. Little one slept just about the whole drive up, and she woke up 5 minutes before we exited for Chick-Fil-A.

Then things got crazy...

And she throws up all over herself.

Luckily, I had brought some pajamas for her to wear on the way home. Well... called an audible and she had to wear the shirt into the game, there was no saving the sweatshirt from the evil that is Fruit Punch Hi-C. The pants were salvageable, and I was able to take some wipes and sort of clean them off. I was worried that she'd get too cold, especially being as close to the ice as we were. but she never complained about being cold except for her hands. So if you saw the guy in 109 with the adorable little girl sleeping on his lap just about the whole game... that was me.

Aww, sorry about the rough times getting there.

Awesome pics.

Hope the little one is feeling better :)

Awww she is just too cute!!! :)

You are a brave man and an awesome dad to be able to clean her off and keep on with your journey like that. I would've had to pull over and vomit myself before I could continue on.

Glad it all worked out in the end and you two had a good time!

Wow, kudos to you for making it to the game! And ditto on the sentiments that your girl is just precious. She looks like a sweetie and she too is a trooper.

Since I'm new here, correct me if I'm wrong, but we're supposed to keep all pictures in one thread for each game right? If yes, here's the link mine. :)

http://flickr.com/photos/dewaltgirl/sets/72157603140193037/

As of right now, I'm still uploading and tagging but that's where they'll all be shortly. I had a great time down in Atlanta and the Thrasher fans were great to me. I went from with friends from Atlanta but had to sit all by my lonesome. Aside from the one girl directly behind me who insisted on continually bopping me in the head with her pompom, everyone was super friendly and made me feel at home. Hope you guys enjoy a few of the pictures.

Wow, kudos to you for making it to the game! And ditto on the sentiments that your girl is just precious. She looks like a sweetie and she too is a trooper.

Since I'm new here, correct me if I'm wrong, but we're supposed to keep all pictures in one thread for each game right? If yes, here's the link mine. :)

''>
' target="_blank">
[/post]

As of right now, I'm still uploading and tagging but that's where they'll all be shortly. I had a great time down in Atlanta and the Thrasher fans were great to me. I went from with friends from Atlanta but had to sit all by my lonesome. Aside from the one girl directly behind me who insisted on continually bopping me in the head with her pompom, everyone was super friendly and made me feel at home. Hope you guys enjoy a few of the pictures.

Wow, they are fabulous! What kind of camera set up do you use?

I'm not neeeearly smart enough to go with a better camera. I luck into my shots for sure.

And hey, were you in Atlanta? I talked to a guy there from Greenville using a Nikon. Could it have been you?

She said in another thread

Thought I would save her the time of typing it again since it was easy enough to search and find

I guess for you it was - so thanks for the answer to the question. I didn't have time to look it up, because I only have a few minutes on break at work to check on here, so I don't go searching through on the possibility that I can find an answer on another thread lol.

She said in another thread

Thought I would save her the time of typing it again since it was easy enough to search and find

so why the attitude? not everyone has hours to go through all the threads, esp those with important jobs and/or class almost all day. but thanks for the help <_<

so why the attitude? not everyone has hours to go through all the threads, esp those with important jobs and/or class almost all day. but thanks for the help <_<

Actually it takes 10 seconds or less to search if you go to someone's user name.

Seems like you're the one with the attitude.