The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Red_Storm

Identify Cane's autographs on signed jersey

Well, in look at their roster from 06-07, there aren't too many guys left.

Here's who's missing from your list of identified sigs...

#24 Scott Walker

#34 David Gove

#5 Frank Kaberle

#47 John Grahame

#37 Keith Aucoin

#25 Eric Belanger

And there are a few others who came in later, so if it was at the beginning of the season I doubt it would be any of these:

#4, #98 Dennis Seidenberg

#77 Anson Carter

#63 Josef Vasicek

Those are pretty much your choices, unless it was someone from camp who didn't stick.

-Gregg

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z273/Red-Storm/IMG_2724.jpg' target="_blank">http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z273/Re...rm/IMG_2724.jpg[/post][/img]

The second one I have no clue on. It looks sort of like a 7 followed by a dot and a 1 and another dot and who knows what. At first I thought it could be a date (like the date it was signed), but it wouldn't have been signed in July. Wallin is number 7, but his signature is elsewhere. So I'm out of ideas.

IMG_2726.jpg

To assist, here are the signatures I've figured out:

Adams C.

Adams K.

Babchuk

Bayda

BrindAmour

Cole

Commodore

Hedican

Hutchinson

Ladd

LaRose

Latowski

Staal

Stillman

Tanabe

Tverdovsky

Wallin

Ward

Wesley

Whitney

Williams

So that leaves guys like Grahame, Walker, Kaberle, Belanger, and maybe others left to choose from.

Any suggestions to complete the puzzle would be great!

Whoever the first one is, it looked like the first two letters are the same.. like J. J.. it also looks like the last letter is a Y.. but it could just be a line under the name. Jack Johnson wears #3 and played 5 games in LA that year, so its unlikely its him.

In 06-07 there was a player in Albany who wore #8 named Ben Guite, but he went on to play for Colorado, so he wasnt part of our farm system.

I can't find anyone who could be that autograph.. on Hockeydb.com it doesnt give jersey numbers for the florida everblades players, and only half the time for river rats players.. i guess they move around alot.

Current number 8 for the River Rats is Nick Dodge, and I have his auto on a hat from this years Caniac Carnival and thats not his. 18 is Ryan Weston and 28 is Casey Borer.

Nobody on the Everblades roster fits the bill either. If it was someone who was drafted and went on to play college or juniors it would be hard to look them up.

You got a real mystery on your hands... sorry I couldnt be more help.

the one with the dots and 7 looking thing is John Grahame...the only way I know this is that he signed my sons jersey at a practice last year and when I saw it...I was like...he's Crackers! :lol:

Not sure on "8"

I was lucky enough to recently win a team signed jersey. No details were provided to me about when the jersey was signed or who signed it, but based on the players who I've figured out so far, I'm pretty certain it was most of the team that started the 2006-2007 season.

Of the 23 signatures on the jersey, there are two that I can't come to a conclusion on.

The first one seems to clearly have a number "8" in it, but Cullen was gone in 06-07 though Gleason wore number 8 for that season. However, the signature doesn't look like either Cullen's or Gleason's. Any ideas?

IMG_2724.jpg

The second one I have no clue on. It looks sort of like a 7 followed by a dot and a 1 and another dot and who knows what. At first I thought it could be a date (like the date it was signed), but it wouldn't have been signed in July. Wallin is number 7, but his signature is elsewhere. So I'm out of ideas.

IMG_2726.jpg

To assist, here are the signatures I've figured out:

Adams C.

Adams K.

Babchuk

Bayda

BrindAmour

Cole

Commodore

Hedican

Hutchinson

Ladd

LaRose

Latowski

Staal

Stillman

Tanabe

Tverdovsky

Wallin

Ward

Wesley

Whitney

Williams

So that leaves guys like Grahame, Walker, Kaberle, Belanger, and maybe others left to choose from.

Any suggestions to complete the puzzle would be great!

The #8 sign could be Cullen's. But if it is he did his name on top of each other.

I found an example of his sig, and if you were to take Matt and Cullen and put them on top of each other, it kinda resembles the one on your jersey.

The "M" is what makes me think its his

http://cgi.ebay.com/MATT-CULLEN-2000-01-BA...6QQcmdZViewItem

the one with the dots and 7 looking thing is John Grahame...the only way I know this is that he signed my sons jersey at a practice last year and when I saw it...I was like...he's Crackers! :lol:

Not sure on "8"

Looks like an eight inside a nine.

The #8 sign could be Cullen's. But if it is he did his name on top of each other.

I found an example of his sig, and if you were to take Matt and Cullen and put them on top of each other, it kinda resembles the one on your jersey.

The "M" is what makes me think its his

http://cgi.ebay.com/MATT-CULLEN-2000-01-BAP-SIGNATURE-SERIES-AUTOGRAPH-CARD_W0QQitemZ260230402406QQihZ016QQcategoryZ78166QQcmdZViewItem' target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/MATT-CULLEN-2000-01-BA...6QQcmdZViewItem[/post]

Cullen's autograph has changed a little.. the one I have of him from 05-06 looks more like just a series of loops "T-T C - L - L" is what you can kinda read.. looks somewhat similar to Marty Gerbers auto. Also his "8" is at the end of my auto..

Now that I look at it i do see a C L L similar to Cullen's... perhaps thats a version of the auto for a very tight space, like Vallins auto was already there and he ran out of room.. Placing the 8 inside the C would also make sense for the cramped space since theres no room after the auto. A different Cullen suto perhaps?

I also though of the "9-8" which could be Siedenberg, but we arent sure if he was on the team yet when this jersey was signed...