The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Official Trade Deadline thread for 2009

They do know they have some games left to play this season right?

Appears that they're more interested in the upcoming draft. Too bad we're not playing them again.

Fire sale in Phoenix?

3 engine fire, for sure.

My problem with Jokinen, as mentioned by Bill Clement on XM a few minutes ago, that Jokinen doesn't pass alot and "beavers".... slaps his stick on the ice asking for the puck. That said, Keenan has had Jokinen before so he knows what he's getting into.

Gargh...Calgary is going to find out that Jok(E)inen can't be relied upon in serious situations.

And here's to seeing him this Friday night.

:rolleyes:

Well, they discussed that. They said that's going to be the difference in Calgary. Everywhere else he's been, he's been the go-to guy. In Calgary, it's Iginla. If he doesn't try and struggle for that power, Jokinen might do well there.

3 engine fire, for sure.

My problem with Jokinen, as mentioned by Bill Clement on XM a few minutes ago, that Jokinen doesn't pass alot and "beavers".... slaps his stick on the ice asking for the puck. That said, Keenan has had Jokinen before so he knows what he's getting into.

Unlike Sidney Crosby, I think Jokinen plays for the name on the back, not the logo in the front

Unlike Sidney Crosby, I think Jokinen plays for the name on the back, not the logo in the front

With as many logos that have been on his front in the last year, can you blame him :lol:

That right there should say something.

Phoenix added a 3rd round pick to that deal with Calgary. Even bigger steal now.

TSN only has a 1st rounder, where did you see that?

With as many logos that have been on his front in the last year, can you blame him :lol:

That right there should say something.

LOL!

thanks tsa...im not feeling well but that made it better.

Despite my disdain for him, Jokinen is a good hockey player. Makes our game with the Flames that much more difficult. Still can beat them though...

Well, they discussed that. They said that's going to be the difference in Calgary. Everywhere else he's been, he's been the go-to guy. In Calgary, it's Iginla. If he doesn't try and struggle for that power, Jokinen might do well there.

Yea I heard them on NHL Live...but still I can't stand the guy...and I think he only brings more harm then good in the long run. I guess we'll see.

Golisano, the Sabres owner made it clear he wanted to make the playoffs this year. He doesn't want to be a seller and harp on the future. I'll be suprised if Buffalo is done today.

Staal for Lalime? ;)

Golisano maybe should have kept a few past players (Briere????) if he wanted to make the playoffs. Golisano is horrible, IMO

Oh man, Bruins are giving away alot today. Some very good young players.

Oh man, Bruins are giving away alot today. Some very good young players.

Lashoff is real promising...

And Chicago needs that centreman...Moore's pickup isn't surprising. Although it won't be good enough against the likes of Detroit and San Jose.

TSN denied the Moore rumor. Said it's not happening.

Guerin's heading to Pittsburgh for something to be announced.

Alright, so it's Guerin for a 5th round pick. It becomes a 4th round pick if Pittsburgh makes the playoffs, and a 3rd round pick if they win a round. Heck, JR could have given that up.