The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
hyena

Redesigned Photo Gallery and more

Wow, great site!

I have found myself at your old one so many times before... I wanted to say thanks for putting all the work into it! I'm always looking for images to edit, and I collect them too. (Don't worry, I haven't/wont poach your photos :) )

Wow, great site!

I have found myself at your old one so many times before... I wanted to say thanks for putting all the work into it! I'm always looking for images to edit, and I collect them too. (Don't worry, I haven't/wont poach your photos :) )

Thanks!! Did you find it easy to navigate? One of the things I struggle with is trying to make it look nice without being too complicated. I love working on it though, it's one of the fun advantages to doing it yourself instead of using an online photo site.

And anybody can use my pics for any personal use, just keep the watermark in! You can even post them on other sites, as long as you mention where they came from!

Thanks!! Did you find it easy to navigate? One of the things I struggle with is trying to make it look nice without being too complicated. I love working on it though, it's one of the fun advantages to doing it yourself instead of using an online photo site.

And anybody can use my pics for any personal use, just keep the watermark in! You can even post them on other sites, as long as you mention where they came from!

Yes, it works great! Very easy to navigate... I know what you mean, it is hard to make it both easy to nav and uniquely attractive. But, you did very well, my friend!

What software did you use to create the site? I must admit that I haven't ever figured out any kind of programs... I just use notepad and key in all the code. It takes a lot of time, but I just haven't taken the time to learn anything else... that will change when I get to website design in my fourth semester in college. Honestly, the "problem-solving" that comes with keying code is kinda fun. Crazy, I know... :lol:

What software did you use to create the site? I must admit that I haven't ever figured out any kind of programs... I just use notepad and key in all the code. It takes a lot of time, but I just haven't taken the time to learn anything else... that will change when I get to website design in my fourth semester in college. Honestly, the "problem-solving" that comes with keying code is kinda fun. Crazy, I know... :lol:

Haha I totally understand, I'm the same way. I can't stand Dreamweaver, I do all my coding in wordpad!

The site itself uses opensource software called http://gallery.menalto.com/' target="_blank">Gallery2[/post] for the actual photo management. It comes with a few layout templates and on their site they have some additional user-developed ones (a little buggy haha). Then, depending on how good you are at the coding (mostly CSS), you can make it look pretty much how you want. That's actually the part that takes forever -- there are a ton of stylesheets and templates that you have to edit, but it's worth it in the end.