The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
sam-ch1

Game 7 Flick off

They have their stereotypes of us (mostly inaccurate) but she just lived up to their stereotype.

BTW, do you know why New Yorkers are always in a bad mood??

The light at the end of the tunnel is New Jersey. :lol:

They have their stereotypes of us (mostly inaccurate) but she just lived up to their stereotype.

BTW, do you know why New Yorkers are always in a bad mood??

The light at the end of the tunnel is New Jersey. :lol:

What stereotype are you implying she is living up to? She's in New Jersey, not New York. (Funny joke btw, seriously) but most New Yorkers aren't always pissed off. I was a New Yorker once. :P

I decided not to put an image tag on the picture, but provided a link instead. I'll explain.

ESPN highlights showed Staal and his teammates celebrating the game winning goal by the glass. An angry Devil chick fan gave him the finger with both hands.

http://i720.photobucket.com/albums/ww206/MountQ/finger.jpg

Note to mod: If the image is ok, you can add the image tags to the link so the picture will show up on the forum. It's about 20K.

Good luck. The 'Canes are my favorite team other than the Ducks, and I was very happy to see you beat Edmonton after they beat us three years ago. Hopefully we will be adversaries in three weeks, but for now, enjoy the win. You deserve it! As long as your cardiology report is still stable... :lol:

Well, she and her 17,000+ pals should learn how to cheer on their team. That building was pathetic considering where the game was with 2 minutes to go (no offense to the classy NJ fans among us). Had that building actually come to life in the final minutes, I think this game would've had a different outcome, and every Caniac here knows exactly what I'm talking about.

If you actually watch the video, look at what she's saying (you can pretty much read her lips) while she's flipping off Staal...lol

Yeah I saw that. Its funny, yet sad..

I recorded the MSG replay broadcast and after Staal scored, Doc said the fans were leaving in droves. Amazing since they still had over 30 seconds left. I guess they don't believe their team can do what our team does.

It was also funny to read Devils posts on their boards after Game 4 dissing Canes fans tossing their towels at Brodeur after he threw his stick, and then last night they are flipping off Staal, and throwing towels on the ice like hats after a hat trick.

I guess the stereotype about Southerners being stupid is spot on then, NJ is not a part of NY, thats like 6th grade geography I believe.

I guess the stereotype of Yankees being arrogant is spot on. My post said "The light at the end of the tunnel is NJ". It is my understanding that the Holland tunnel goes from NY to NJ :blink: . Have a great day anyway.

I guess the stereotype about Southerners being stupid is spot on then, NJ is not a part of NY, thats like 6th grade geography I believe.

are you a closet NJ fan?

Same team here guys....we just won game 7 last night. there should be nothing but happy smiles today.

This was what a fan did right after Staals winning goal

LOL

flick.jpg

Everyone should check out the pictures at the News and Observer site. The ones showing the crowd after the tying goal and the winning goal are absolutely priceless, would make a great MasterCard commercial. The one with the lady screaming into her hands and the guy with a towel over his face made me smile in a "devilish" way. You should also check out several of the game day blogs on ESPN or HockeyBuzz, and just follow along with the postings until the las 2 minutes. There is a lot of people in NJ on suicide watch. The talk was about how great Marty was during the series, and then in a whiplash moment, he now needs to retire. The total implosion of their fans was the second best part of the win. Right behind us advancing to play Boston of course. The only thing that would have been better was if we beat Buffalo like that. The Stevens curse lives on.

haha i was cracking up when i saw this on tv...they quickly cut off her bc you would also see what her lips were saying to the canes as well... oh well at least she had a nice long ride home :)

I guess the stereotype of Yankees being arrogant is spot on. My post said "The light at the end of the tunnel is NJ". It is my understanding that the Holland tunnel goes from NY to NJ :blink: . Have a great day anyway.

who said my comment was directed at you :blink:

....... My post said "The light at the end of the tunnel is NJ". ........

In regards to the light at the end of the tunnel...Due to the current economic situation, and rising fuel costs for transportation to and from NC, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

Well, up until the end a lot of people thought Jersey was going to win and move on. It's kind of like a shock that suddenly the Canes not only tied it in the last 2 minutes, but won at the end. It's even a shock to me...... but all the hand gestures in the world doesn't change the fact that the Canes still win.

If you actually watch the video, look at what she's saying (you can pretty much read her lips) while she's flipping off Staal...lol

Do tell more... PM if you must..

The feeling is mutual. I used to live in New York and used to work tech support dealing with people from New Jersey..... and I REALLY have a strong dislike for Jersey people. Therefore..... this Canes fan returns the 2 fingers... and adds two to make 4.... one for each goal we scored that night.