The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
iamafirehazrd

Schneider to Montreal

I'm confused. Didn't Atlanta pick up Schneider because they were below the salary floor and HAD to pick up a guy like him just to be able to play hockey this season? I guess prorated, they met the salary cap requirements already.

I'm confused. Didn't Atlanta pick up Schneider because they were below the salary floor and HAD to pick up a guy like him just to be able to play hockey this season? I guess prorated, they met the salary cap requirements already.

maybe we can send them Kaberle and Brindy to get back up to cap requirements.

I'm fairly sure the floor is only applicable to the start of the season. But from my remembrance of the CBA nothing about the floor is really well defined.

We're pretty happy with this deal down here in ATL. Fortunately D-Wad has finally gotten off the veteran bandwagon, and is moving engaging in a real youth movement. Schneider was brought in as a mentor to Bogosian - which has worked out quite well. Apparently those two are really close.