The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Hauser

Ov's 50th Goal celebration

One celebration like that once in a while is great, but overreacting to every goal u score is over doing it...not to mention stupid. One of these days he'll jump into the glass and it'll either break or Ovechkin will. Seriously...you'd think after 3 50 goal seasons he'd calm down a bit...but I think he's gotten worse.

One celebration like that once in a while is great, but overreacting to every goal u score is over doing it...not to mention stupid. One of these days he'll jump into the glass and it'll either break or Ovechkin will. Seriously...you'd think after 3 50 goal seasons he'd calm down a bit...but I think he's gotten worse.

We have a winner.

The celebration, taken just by itself, I have no problem with. He scored 50 and is having fun with it, that's cool. But, as pilige just said, Ovie seems to go absolutely off-the-wall every time he scores a goal. It just gets irritating after a while.

I like the big smiles, elbow pull, hand to the ear, group celebration on the ice, and the high-fives at the bench, but when a player starts adding things like Ov-ie did, I see it as disrespect to the other team. The NFL is way out of hand, the NBA is way out of hand, I do not want to see the NHL following suit.

Hockey is a totally different sport than these others and the players have a lot of respect for each other. But if the NHL lets it get out of hand, there will be a lot more REAL fights, and by "real" I mean not for the team toughness but pure revenge, and more bad hits on the ice (i.e. using the stick for revenge).

Just my .02!

Sounds like The Caps Coach is getting a little annoyed with the distraction that is OV's extracurricular celebrations:

BOUDREAU ANNOYED BY 'LIGHTNING RETRIBUTION' QUESTIONS

While the Washington Capitals are in search of their second straight Southeast Division title, the Tampa Bay Lightning continue to play out the string en route to the NHL Draft Lottery. However, there may be some fireworks on tap.

The last time these two teams faced each other was the now-infamous game where Alexander Ovechkin scored his 50th goal of the campaign, following up his season milestone with a celebration that left a bad taste in the mouth of some Lightning players and coaches and members of the media.

"I think he's a terrific player. He went down a notch in my books after that," Lightning interim coach Rick Tocchet told reporters following the game. "It's not something I like.

"It's hard for me to accept, to see something like that in our building."

While Capitals head coach Bruce Boudreau stated at the time that he would,