The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Catamount-Caniac

New Around These Parts

Greetings fellow Caniacs! I thought I would just pop in and introduce myself since I used to be a very active Canes forum poster back in the day (2003), then college called and I got sidetracked with all that work.

Right now I'm representing the Caniacs in Japan while I'm living in Osaka, but I'll be back in Raleigh in December to get caught up on all the action and back to Western Carolina in January to finish my degree. I hope to get posting soon!

Welcome back, I think you could be the first Canes fan in Japan. :)

Awesome! Have you run into any hockey fans there? Any insights as to how hockey is viewed there?

Greetings fellow Caniacs! I thought I would just pop in and introduce myself since I used to be a very active Canes forum poster back in the day (2003), then college called and I got sidetracked with all that work.

Right now I'm representing the Caniacs in Japan while I'm living in Osaka, but I'll be back in Raleigh in December to get caught up on all the action and back to Western Carolina in January to finish my degree. I hope to get posting soon!

Sorry it has taken me some time to reply! I've been busy these past few days!

Hockey...well, most of the Japanese I have spoken with don't know anything about the NHL and seem awestruck when I mention ice hockey at all. All the fans I have met have been Canadians and Americans - I've met a Lightning fan and a few Maple Leafs fans, but that's about it. I know they have professional ice hockey in Japan, but it is way up in the north on Hokkaido, and I live in Western Japan (Osaka). So yeah, not much in the way of hockey here. This is baseball country, that's for sure.