The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Out of Town Scores 2008-09

and the Habs are leading the Avs...for some weird reason the games are telecasting the game in black and white.

This makes Sunday's game against the Slugs critical and tomorrow's game against the Jackets crucial. They are going to come in on a high from beating the Wings and are apt for a let-down.

yea collie fan, got habs game on, its some nostalgia thing, wierd huh? yea, columbus must be playing well to beat det, i watched the cats beat rangers in shootout, that was playoff hockey from get go... lunquist kept the rangers in.. making 40 saves..panthers could be in 6th by games end if habs lost in regulation..

So Philly beats the Rangers and Washington beats florida.. both of which help us... including our current 2-0 lead over Buffalo.. the question is are we still in the playoff hunt or is it already too late?

So Philly beats the Rangers and Washington beats florida.. both of which help us... including our current 2-0 lead over Buffalo.. the question is are we still in the playoff hunt or is it already too late?

We are still in it. If we'd lost to Buffalo I would've said "it's all over"

Osgood keeps KILLING my fantasy team...giving up FIVE goals on just 28 shots to the hapless Avs! As long as he'd gotten the win it wouldn't have been so bad...but noooooooooo he has to lose every frickin' time that he gives up four or more.

This Detroit team pisses me off.

Osgood keeps KILLING my fantasy team...giving up FIVE goals on just 28 shots to the hapless Avs! As long as he'd gotten the win it wouldn't have been so bad...but noooooooooo he has to lose every frickin' time that he gives up four or more.

This Detroit team pisses me off.

LOL..i feel your pain.. I had Clemmenson give up 5 to the Sharks.. but at least he did get the win! But it wont help my GAA!! LOL

We are still in it. If we'd lost to Buffalo I would've said "it's all over"

Yeah.. since we held on to win that helped us out a bunch. Buffalo and Florida are holding 7th and 8th both at 64 points, so we are 3 behind both of them and Florida only has 1 game in hand on us right now. The Rangers loss keeps them at 66 and provided Montreal loses to Vancouver tonight, they will stand pat at 66 and we will (surprisingly) be only 5 points out of 5th place. That puts us squarely in the mix! The rangers keep losing and slipping, Montreal has struggled lately... we could make up a lot of ground in the next couple of games.. we've had a lot of help this week and I hope these trends continue! We dont need as much help anymore, we just need to control our own destiny and win as many games as we can!

LOL..i feel your pain.. I had Clemmenson give up 5 to the Sharks.. but at least he did get the win! But it wont help my GAA!! LOL

oh man I'm tellin' ya...don't get me started on osBAD. I picked him with my second(!) round draft pick in our league, thinking that it'd be a great investment because of the wins and good red wings defense...

LOL to that this season! he's been terrible and the wings have been very subpar defensively. still though it doesn't make it any easier what happened today...i'm pretty sure that I just LOST the two goalie categories that I was WINNING beforehand.

thank God for Ovechkin! easiest pick ever! :lol:

Wow, Atlanta put up 8 against Anaheim @ the Honda Center. Man the west is so tight right now, no one except San Jose, Calgary, Detroit, and Chicago are sitting pretty.

Wow, Atlanta put up 8 against Anaheim @ the Honda Center. Man the west is so tight right now, no one except San Jose, Calgary, Detroit, and Chicago are sitting pretty.

Yeah.. the west is crazy this season... 5th through like 11th either tied or 1 point off of each other... It was pretty amazing how when we beat Pheonix they were 11th or 12th but if they had won, they woulda jumped up to 6th.

The east got shuffled up a little last night though... we beat Buffalo and Florida, Montreal and NY all lost.. 4th through 10th is a 10 point difference, while 5th down to 9th is a 5 point difference. 2 wins by the Canes coupled with 2 losses by either Buffalo or Florida and we jump up to 7th.

pens lose in ot, to lsles, thank u islanders, pens stay point behind us, tonight, we need st louis to beat rangers, its on VERSUS AT 7PM

pens lose in ot, to lsles, thank u islanders, pens stay point behind us, tonight, we need st louis to beat rangers, its on VERSUS AT 7PM

The way Mason is playing in goal for St Louis, I doubt NY can beat them. So hopefully we get more help tonight.

Eh.. never mind.. had him confused with Mason the goalie for Columbus... LOL....

Regardless, Boyes and Backes have been scoring a lot lately (I have them both on my fantasy team) so I'd still take St Louis in this one.

Looks as if the Rags head coach is next for the choping block. Would Lavi want to return to the circus that is pro sports in the Rotten Apple?

In a "former player surprised to be playing" alert.. Josef Melichar is seeing ice time for Tampa Bay and picked up an assist on Stampko's goal against Chicago. I thought both Melichar and Brookbank were waived by TB? I guess they cleared and then got called back up?

Stampkos just added two more on PPs for a natural hat trick and a 3-1 lead over Chicago

washington beats montreal, so montreal gets point goes to 67, rangers win 3-1 over isles, we should be able to beat them, plus it will be back to back for them.. rangers go tom 68.. no help tonite at all.. :angry:

The only "help" was the Habs got only a point instead of two keeping them six points ahead of the Canes. Two big ones tomorrow: Slugs vs Flyers and Habs vs Pens. In the later, we need the Habs to help create further seperaton between the us and the Pens.

Andrew Ladd has a goal against the Kitty Kats... go Chicago! Philly is leading Buffalo 1-0 Go Flyers! Pittsburgh is leading Montreal 1-0... 3 teams we need to lose... so far so good!

Hey Hey... not bad.. Montreal lost to Pittsburgh 5-4, Buffalo is about to lose to the Flyers 6-3 and Chicago is leading Florida 2-0.

With the win tonight Carolina will be back up to 3 points behind of Buffalo and Florida and 4 points behind Montreal.

Pittsburgh beats Philly 5-4 this afternoon. Pitt moves up to 64, still 1 point behind Carolina.

Would be nice if the Rangers could somehow beat Buffalo, but either team losing helps us a little bit.. I will presume Florida will lose to Boston, but they have played well of late.