The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Out of Town Scores 2008-09

I really don't know what Biron was doing that led to Pittsburgh's game-winning goal. I'm not sure why the Penguins commentators were calling it a "great move by Crosby" as well. Sheesh.

In terms of the Rags-Slugs game, one thing the Canes need is for the game to end in regulation. In terms of mental attitude, we need for the Rags to continue their downward slide.

Well so far is 3-0 Buffalo... so at least if Buffalo is gonna win, they can deny the rangers points and the rangers will slide down the standings.

I guess the "great move" by Crosby was tapping a bouncing puck in with the heel of his stick onehanded, but he did have a empty net..

The Pens announcers are HORRIBLE btw... nothing could be the pens fault.. a hooking call on a penguin was responded to by "Did you see him grab the stick and Dive?"... they gushed about Crosby's goal for a good 5 minutes, ignoring the play that was going on.. and Malkin blocked a shot with his hand and they talked for 5 good minutes about him "Making a goalie move.. " and "throwing the blocker out" and BS again ignoring play... wish philly woulda won just to shut those two up... Oh yeah.. and the extended 2 minute long "Crosby scoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

oooooooooooooooooooooooreeeeeeeeeeessssssssssss" was way too much.

The florida announcers arent that bad.. in fact they are very complimentary about Boston... I'm not sure who the "home" crews are since both games are on MSG, but the NJ/NYI announcers arent that bad, but the Rangers/Buffalo announcers are terrible.

Well so far the Rangers are no help. Go Boston!! now the Panthers just scored :angry: but so did the Rangers :)

Calgary and Edmonton play tonight, would love to watch it. I love the hatred between those two teams.

Not getting any help tonight... just more reasons why we need to take care of our own business and keep winning games... like Chuck said at the end of last nights game.. if we can just string together a good run where we win more then we lose.. like win 3 lose 1, win 4 or 5 in a row lose 2.. etc.. the rest will take care of itself.. either we will make it to the playoffs or we wont, but if we win a good number down the stretch at least we did all we could do...

The Rangers looked bad against the Slugs and seemed to be a team in total destruct mode.

The Canes have 22 games left and need 30 points, so a 14-6-2 record should get them into the playoffs. But the more the Rags continue to tank, the greater the Canes chances become.

I can't believe I'm gonna be rooting for the Caps to win, once, again, but they're playing against Pittsburgh today who are only one point behind us ...... if the Caps lose, and we do too (not sayin' that we're gonna lose!), we'll be more than just three points from the 8th spot. :huh:

I can't believe I'm gonna be rooting for the Caps to win, once, again, but they're playing against Pittsburgh today who are only one point behind us ...... if the Caps lose, and we do too (not sayin' that we're gonna lose!), we'll be more than just three points from the 8th spot. :huh:

Considering there's no way we can catch the Caps anyway, they can win all they want, especially if they are beating teams just above us!

Last night shuffled up the standings a tad.. Florida Buffalo and NYR are all tied at 68 points, 3 ahead of us in the 6, 7, 8 spots. Florida and Buffalo are moving up while the Rangers are sliding down. If the Rangers continue to backslide they should drop out of the top 8 soon enough.

The Rangers play Toronto tonight, which you would think would be an easy win for them, but they played last night, as previously mentioned looked horrible and lost 4-1.. so they are on the second half of a back to back.. maybe Toronto can do us a favor and win (Of course to take advantage of the loss, Canes need to win tonight)

Considering there's no way we can catch the Caps anyway, they can win all they want, especially if they are beating teams just above us!
Oh, I wasn't even thinking about catching the Caps, LOL ..... my concern was about Pittsburgh catching, and passing, us if they win against the Caps.

You're definitely right about the Rangers game tonight ..... wouldn't that be sweet if both Pittsburgh and the Rangers lost, and we WON. :P

Oh, I wasn't even thinking about catching the Caps, LOL ..... my concern was about Pittsburgh catching, and passing, us if they win against the Caps.

You're definitely right about the Rangers game tonight ..... wouldn't that be sweet if both Pittsburgh and the Rangers lost, and we WON. :P

Yeah.. I was just saying it doesnt hurt us any if the Caps win.. so therefore there's no shame in WANTING the Caps to win.. LOL :)

Washington just scored 2 back to back goals and are leading Pittsburgh 5-2.. Fleury got pulled so this ones probably over.. I would expect Washington to score a couple more.

What's going on....???? Tampa beats Boston? :o :o :o

Boston has lost 6 of their last 7... they better get that fixed before the playoffs or they will get ousted in the first round.

Toronto and NY are still 0-0 with about 2 minutes left in the 1st... go leafs!

Boston has lost 6 of their last 7... they better get that fixed before the playoffs or they will get ousted in the first round.

Toronto and NY are still 0-0 with about 2 minutes left in the 1st... go leafs!

Well let's hope they show up big time against Florida and get their revenge on the previous loss. Just when we want them to be playing awesome they are sucking :angry: :angry:

Because the Canes have a good chance of being the Bruins opponent, let's hope they don't get it fixed.

The Rangers/Leafs game is gonna go to a shootout and go to like 12 shooters on each side.. neither team can score... still 0-0 halfway through the 3rd... We dont want NYR to get any points so Toronto needs to score ...

Oh thank god.. Toronto finally scored... lets hope this game finishes 1-0 in regulation and NYR doesnt even get the 1 point for OT...

Argh...Rangers just tied it...

Leafs score again.. lead 2-1.. where did all this scoring come from all of a sudden?? LOL

The Rangers/Leafs game is gonna go to a shootout and go to like 12 shooters on each side.. neither team can score... still 0-0 halfway through the 3rd... We dont want NYR to get any points so Toronto needs to score ...

Oh thank god.. Toronto finally scored... lets hope this game finishes 1-0 in regulation and NYR doesnt even get the 1 point for OT...

Argh...Rangers just tied it...

Leafs score again.. lead 2-1.. where did all this scoring come from all of a sudden?? LOL

I've been following the real-time box score for this game, and was wondering the same thing .... is either team ever gonna score in this game? LOL

Almost 4:00 minutes left ..... Leafs 2, Rangers 1 ..... come on Leafs, win it for the Canes!! :lol:

ETA: RATS!!! Rangers tied the score in the list minute or so, game's going into OT .....

Son of a biscuit..... Rangers tie it on a 6 on 5 with 30 seconds left to get a point and take it to OT.... *sigh* Carolina takes care of their own business but just cant catch a break.. Rangers will move to 69 or 70 points.. and jump back up to 6th and take back all the ground they lost in their last slide.. Carolina stays 9th and one point behind buffalo.

crucial point lost by rangers per joe michaletti mr kubina for leafs thanks ..with pp goal.. that hagman is play, and blake of course

Yeah.. I was just saying it doesnt hurt us any if the Caps win.. so therefore there's no shame in WANTING the Caps to win.. LOL :)

Washington just scored 2 back to back goals and are leading Pittsburgh 5-2.. Fleury got pulled so this ones probably over.. I would expect Washington to score a couple more.

LOL if anyone did not catch Cindy Crosby and OVs comments toward each other...this all after Crosby starts taking shots at OV as he's going to the bench.

"What I can say about him?" Ovechkin said. "He is a good player, but he talks too much. I play hard. If he wants to do something like hit me again, try to hit me again - and I'll talk to you guys (about) who plays dirty. That's my game. It's not cheap shots, it's a game moment. But he doesn't like it, it's his problem."

And what does Crosby make of Ovechkin's showmanship?

"Like it or lump it, that's what he does," Crosby said. "Some people like it, some people don't. Personally, I don't like it."

Crosby is such a Pansy! I would be so embarassed if Staal or any Cane acted like him.

The Crosby vs OV "war" is good for promoting the NHL.

Especially when Crosby is looking the fool so far...he will not win their own personal issues with each other unless he cheapshots OV. Plus OV does not care what people think of him...good or bad.

Yes I think OV is that good...he's proving to be the read deal...only time will tell if he'll be considered on of the best.