The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Out of Town Scores 2008-09

Especially when Crosby is looking the fool so far...he will not win their own personal issues with each other unless he cheapshots OV. Plus OV does not care what people think of him...good or bad.

Yes I think OV is that good...he's proving to be the read deal...only time will tell if he'll be considered on of the best.

I've always thought Ovechkin was the better player and always wondered why Crosby got all the press.. I suppose its the C on the jersey of a 19 year old that just makes people wet their pants. Crosby thinks being the Captain means he can argue every call with the refs.. especially when half of them are against him. Of course that attitude is all over the Pittsburgh organization... The commentators argued every call against them in the Philly game a couple of nights ago, their response to a hooking penalty was "Did you see him grab the stick and DIVE... " A bunch of cry baby's from Mario on down.

I think Ovechkin does tend to play a little dirty.. I seen him hit with a elbow on multiple occasions, and witnessed him leave his feet for hits several times as well, but as far as pure goal scoring, skating and puck handling he is way more talented then Crosby.. he moves without the puck and Backstrom or Semin find him on the backdoor for an easy tap in.. I dont know if Crosby does, so I cant say this is an advantage, but I know Ovechkin plays all three man power situations, PP EV and PK. When I watched Washington beat Pittsburgh the other night OV was on the ice for the entire 2 minutes of a PP... thats endurance right there.. I know a PP is not hard skating up and down, but thats still a long time to be on the ice.. the other four players changed but he stayed out.

Plus like the announcers said during the game.. his love and passion for the game is outstanding and contagious.. he probably smiles wider and celebrates harder when he watches a teammate score then when he scores himself... he jumps up and down and beats them on the back like it was their 1000th goal in the NHL.. and he does that every single time. He doesnt play for stats.. he plays for fun... he whoops and hollars and jumps and dances and doesnt care what anyone thinks... he is fun to watch.

I've always thought Ovechkin was the better player and always wondered why Crosby got all the press..

Crosby is Canadian, speaks English as a natural language (no offense to Ovechkin), and has a more handsome face.

OV is a Russian, who when he entered the NHL had poor english (so he would have been hard to interview for commercial tidbits), and does have the face of a hockey player but isn't the best looking gent. For newcomers to hockey, who would you rather be the face of the NHL? Honestly I wouldn't mind OV seeing as he adds grit to the game along with great smarts and a scoring touch, rather than a whiner (Cindy), but I guess the league went the other way which is fine seeing as you couldnt predict how they would both pan out.

Crosby is Canadian, speaks English as a natural language (no offense to Ovechkin), and has a more handsome face.

OV is a Russian, who when he entered the NHL had poor english (so he would have been hard to interview for commercial tidbits), and does have the face of a hockey player but isn't the best looking gent. For newcomers to hockey, who would you rather be the face of the NHL? Honestly I wouldn't mind OV seeing as he adds grit to the game along with great smarts and a scoring touch, rather than a whiner (Cindy), but I guess the league went the other way which is fine seeing as you couldnt predict how they would both pan out.

Crosby may have the kinder face but Ovechkin is much hotter; plus Ovie has the boyish character that everyone loves. Crosby doesn't even compare, and those big lips he has results in numerous sexual/gender jokes.

This league is led by The Great 8, and really he's the perfect choice. He exemplifies everything hockey should be.

Bettman's not a fan of Russians. It's why he's pretty much ignored Ovechkin. Even when confronted with questions about OV, he'd twist the conversation to being about Crosby or about "all the young stars in the NHL".

There was something interesting the NBC announcers brought up that I've been seeing for quite a while now. It was during a scrum around the net after the play. Everyone was involved, but Malkin was the main centerpiece. The announcers pointed out that when Malkin's in those sort of scrums, he has all the support from his teammates. Then they showed a clip of Crosby in a similar scrum, and the other linemates would actually let Crosby take a couple shots before jumping in to break everything up.

They said Crosby's lost a lot of respect in the locker room, that many players feel he was given the "C" too early, and that it's part of the reason why the Penguins have struggled lately.

ok, pens score with less than minute left, beat isles 1-0, they keep pressure on, and leafs help a bit beating rangers again in shootout 2-1.. flyers win, they wont be caught..

I guess it depends on who you are honestly.. My brother in law, who plays rec league hockey.. would actually like to have his nose broken 3 or 4 times so he can look like his idol, Rod Brindamour, a "real" hockey player... LOL...

I guess it depends on who you are honestly.. My brother in law, who plays rec league hockey.. would actually like to have his nose broken 3 or 4 times so he can look like his idol, Rod Brindamour, a "real" hockey player... LOL...

Brind'Amour has a face only a hockey mom could love. :P

Brind'Amour has a face only a hockey mom could love. :P
I must have very strange taste in men, because I've always found Roddy very handsome, in a "rugged" sort of way.Thud.gif

SelkeBrindAmour.jpg

Anyway, since this thread is supposed to be about Out of Town Scores ..... Buffalo will be playing the NYI the same time we'll be playing Atlanta tomorrow night. They lose that game, and we win ours, and we will truly be in 8th place to make the playoffs (at least for the time being, LOL.) Heck, if the NYR lose to Colorado tomorrow night as well ..... AND Florida loses to the Devils .... we'll jump all the way up to at least 6th place, no? cheerleader.gif

(Or am I totally confused and dillusional, LOL.)

Not a good night for the Canes. Habs beat the Flyers in OT with a 3 point game (worse case scenario). Pittsburgh beats the Blackhawks.

Canes to win their own games...that is all.

Not a good night for the Canes. Habs beat the Flyers in OT with a 3 point game (worse case scenario). Pittsburgh beats the Blackhawks.

I'm not sure Montreal and Philly fighting over 4/5 really affects us that much, I dont think we can get that high. However, we have to beat Atlanta since we have to assume Buffalo will beat the Islanders.

If we win and all above us lose, Yes Diane, we would jump up to 6th. But I wouldnt expect Buffalo to lose to the Isles and Florida NJ could go either way. However with Brodeur back I would take NJ all day long and we can cheer for a Florida loss. I would say the Rangers should beat Colorado, but they havent beaten anyone lately.. so I think our best shot is a Rangers loss, Which even if Buffalo and Florida both win, we would move into 8th and the race would look like this

Montreal 5th 73 Florida 6th 72, Buffalo 7th 71, Carolina 8th 71, NYR 9th 70

If Florida Loses,

Montreal 5th 73, Buffalo 6th 71, Carolina 7th 71, Florida 8th 70, Rangers 9th 70

As TSA so succinctly put it... the key is WIN BABY WIN... if we lose it doesnt matter at all. If any one out of the three teams loses, win and we are in.

I'm not sure Montreal and Philly fighting over 4/5 really affects us that much, I dont think we can get that high.

Any 3 point game for teams above us is hurting us.

Any 3 point game for teams above us is hurting us.

I can see the Montreal win hurting us.. since that puts them 4 points above us.. But I figure the extra point for Philly is kinda moot, since we wont catch them from 6 points back unless they lose 4 or 5 in a row.

Montreal is 4-5-1 in their last 10.. and the Rangers are 2-5-3 in their last 10.. I would expect those two teams to continue to backslide and that we will sneak into the playoffs in the 7th or 8th spot. I would say we can hope Boston keeps losing.. but then that puts us in a first round matchup with Washington. If we could get a Matchup with NJ then we would be on like Donkey Kong.. we love knocking NJ out of the playoffs!

*Now I have to update my previous post since Yahoo had the points wrong..

I watched that game. Had a playoff atmosphere. Pittsburgh didn't deserve that win, as Chicago were all over them. Oh well.... :angry:

i swithed back and forth betweem habs game and that wild pens game too... loved seeing those helmets on ice when towes got the real hat trick, darn, i thought chicago would beat them on home ice..

NJ has a 1-0 lead on Florida 5 minutes into the first. Here's hoping that keeps up.

Washington Boston scoreless, doesnt effect us, but should be a good game East #1 vs East #2, Potential EConf Champ matchup.

3-0 Now Jersey over Florida.. so far so good.

NJ has a 1-0 lead on Florida 5 minutes into the first. Here's hoping that keeps up.

I have their NHL real-time Box Score up on my computer screen to keep an eye on that game. (I usually only actually "watch" our own games.) While we're playing our game tonight, I'll be keeping on eye on the real-time box score for Buffalo's game against the Islanders being played at the same time.

Is Brodeur (sp?) back?

ETA: NJD now up 2-0!!

I have their NHL real-time Box Score up on my computer screen to keep an eye on that game. (I usually only actually "watch" our own games.) Is Brodeur (sp?) back?

ETA: NJD now up 2-0!!

Yep. First game back he got a shut out...rusty eh? NJ up 2-0 boston/wash tied at 1-1

Hummmm .... I was just thinking that if the Devils are able to pull this one off, and we're able to win our game tonight pray.gif we'll actually pass Florida in the standings, correct?

ETA: NJ up 3-0 in the beginning of the second period!

Yeah, if florida loses, they stay at 71 points and we would move up to 72 so we would leap frog them into 8th spot. Would be nice if Buffalo lost too, so we could move up to 7th, but I dont expect them to lose to the woeful Islanders.. so yes.. tonight at Atlanta is a must win (of course so have the last 15 games been.. )

Yeah, if florida loses, they stay at 71 points and we would move up to 72 so we would leap frog them into 8th spot. Would be nice if Buffalo lost too, so we could move up to 7th, but I dont expect them to lose to the woeful Islanders.. so yes.. tonight at Atlanta is a must win (of course so have the last 15 games been.. )

NHL.com is showing Florida with only 70 points right now .... and the Devils just scored another two goals to bring their score to 5-0 (and it's only second period). Man, we really need to learn how to do that, LOL.

So if our guys would just take advantage of it, we've got another GREAT opportunity to move WAY up in the standings by just winning one game. *sigh* I wish it was that simple. (But, hey, it's an away game .... they like being away from us, right? LOL)

ETA: While I was typing this, the Devils scored yet another goal, and Florida got one too. End of the 2nd: Devils 6 - Florida 1

NHL.com is showing Florida with only 70 points right now .... and the Devils just scored another two goals to bring their score to 5-0 (and it's only second period). Man, we really need to learn how to do that, LOL.

So if our guys would just take advantage of it, we've got another GREAT opportunity to move WAY up in the standings by just winning one game. *sigh* I wish it was that simple. (But, hey, it's an away game .... they like being away from us, right? LOL)

ETA: While I was typing this, the Devils scored yet another goal, and Florida got one too. End of the 2nd: Devils 6 - Florida 1

Ah ok.. thought they had 71... Yahoo doesnt update until well after the games are over so sometimes I'm not sure exactly what they are (I had to bump Montreal up from 71 to 73 since they won last night and that changed my prediction a little bit)..

If Florida is at 70, then I guess that means us and Buffalo are tied at 69.. so 2 points still moves us to 71 and into 8th spot, Florida will drop to 9th and we will take back 2nd in the SE as well. It looks like 3 from the SE could make it.. but I would feel a lot more comfortable with us as 2nd in the SE.

6-1 Devils... Game OVER... no 2 shutouts in a row, but Brodeur is still on his game. The irony is, I dont fear meeting the Devils in the playoffs, cause we have eliminated them 2 or 3 times.. I think in like 02, 05, and 06.

If Florida is at 70 points, then I guess that means us and Buffalo are tied at 69.. so 2 points still moves us to 71 and into 8th spot, Florida will drop to 9th and we will take back 2nd in the SE as well. It looks like 3 from the SE could make it.. but I would feel a lot more comfortable with us as 2nd in the SE.

I'm confused (not unusual when it comes to trying to figure out these standings, LOL). If Florida loses, which it looks like they might, they stay at 70 and 6th place (right now - lots more games that will affect all this will be played tonight). It we go ahead and take advantage of this opportunity, and actually win tonight's game against Atlanta, that gives us 71 points, which would put us in 6th place, no?

(Now, of course, if the Rangers win tonight .... not likely ..... but if they do, they go up to 72 points and would knock us to 5th place.)

Why are you saying we would only get the 8th spot if we win tonight?

The irony is, I dont fear meeting the Devils in the playoffs, cause we have eliminated them 2 or 3 times
I very much fear the Devils, LOL, they are on fire right now.