The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Out of Town Scores 2008-09

Fernandez is a joke.

Not that it really matters. This is a physical game, and we play the Rangers tomorrow. They'll have to be worn out by the time we play them.

Fernandez is a joke.

Not that it really matters. This is a physical game, and we play the Rangers tomorrow. They'll have to be worn out by the time we play them.

I could be wrong (I usually am, when it comes to trying to figure out the standings, with some teams having games in hand, and all), but the Rangers are right behind us right now. If they win this game against Boston, doesn't that drop us down to 8th place already?

ETA: I was wondering what the deal was with Manny Fernandez, then realized I was confusing him with Manny Legace, LOL .... big difference, I believe.

Well, that's it. Rangers over Boston, final score, 4-3. sigh.gif It was nice being in 7th place, even if it didn't last for 24 hours, LOL.

Even though the Rangers are on a back to back, they have more time to rest than most back to back games since todays game was during the afternoon. Hopefully their still gonna be tried tomorrow night against us.

I still am amazed how much the NHL boardcasts the big market teams on NBC and Versus. Rangers were on NBC today, tomorrow on Versus, and later on in the week against Philly their on NBC.

Hoping the Caps sweep the Pens for the series win. Anyone have a better feed than yahoo? It's looking real grainy.

Well, they're not off to a good start ..... 1-0 Pittsburgh, already.

ETA: And Washington ties it up, 1-1, toward the end of the 1st period.

I still am amazed how much the NHL boardcasts the big market teams on NBC and Versus. Rangers were on NBC today, tomorrow on Versus, and later on in the week against Philly their on NBC.

Honestly, how much would their market share be if they had Phoenix and Florida playing? The reason the big networks show these teams is because they draw viewers, and that sells advertising. Simple, really.

Think of it this way, if you wanted to sell lemondade, would you put up your stand in front of your house at the end of a cul-de-sac, or head on down to SouthPoint Mall?

Honestly, how much would their market share be if they had Phoenix and Florida playing? The reason the big networks show these teams is because they draw viewers, and that sells advertising. Simple, really.

Think of it this way, if you wanted to sell lemondade, would you put up your stand in front of your house at the end of a cul-de-sac, or head on down to SouthPoint Mall?

I understand the point of the marketing. I just made a statement how I'm still amazing how much air time the Rangers are getting. Next game on NBC will be the 2nd week in a row the Rangers are on NBC. I'm fine with them focusing on 6 teams or so on NBC. I just have a problem with them boardcasting the Rangers 2 weeks in a row. Its not like the Rangers have even been to good this season. Which I believe is something else to consider for marketing. Not to mention the Canes and Rangers game will be on Versus tomorrow night. I wonder why...

Man we can't catch a break, had we been able to play something that resembles ice hockey for the rest of that one game in Philadelphia and that other one that we just sat and watched in Atlanta, we wouldn't be here. Ah well, woulda coulda shoulda I guess

I understand the point of the marketing. I just made a statement how I'm still amazing how much air time the Rangers are getting. Next game on NBC will be the 2nd week in a row the Rangers are on NBC. I'm fine with them focusing on 6 teams or so on NBC. I just have a problem with them boardcasting the Rangers 2 weeks in a row. Its not like the Rangers have even been to good this season. Which I believe is something else to consider for marketing. Not to mention the Canes and Rangers game will be on Versus tomorrow night. I wonder why...
LOL ..... I thought it was a typo, when I first found out about Versus showing our game tomorrow night. (We both know it's not because of the Canes playing that they're broadcasting it.) shakehead.gif

Penns 3 - Caps 3 in the 3rd .....

I can not believe that I am actually rooting for the Caps to win a game, LOL.

(If this goes to a shoot-out, who's got the upper hand?)

Going to a shoot-out ......

ETA: Well, guess I got my answer. Penns win. And it looks like no one is willing to help the Canes out today, LOL.

I can not believe that I am actually rooting for the Caps to win a game, LOL.

(If this goes to a shoot-out, who's got the upper hand?)

Going to a shoot-out ......

ETA: Well, guess I got my answer. Penns win. And it looks like no one is willing to help the Canes out today, LOL.

We don't need their help.we'll do it without them ;)

Wow, there hasn't been any room for comfort for us. Tomorrow nights game is even more important since we're out of the playoffs at the moment.

Well, that was quick, LOL. It was nice while it lasted. (As great as we've been playing lately, it's not like we didn't have our chances.)

Well, that was quick, LOL. It was nice while it lasted. (As great as we've been playing lately, it's not like we didn't have our chances.)
Very true. We can't just cross our fingers every day and hope that other "bubble" teams lose. But, now that we have won a few in a row, were not making any ground since the other bubble teams have been winning their past few games.

Well at least we still have the Stars/Canadiens game, the Habs are on the bubble. And to be honest I'm still hopefully that New York will continue their meteor like decline in the standings. Now lets just hope the team comes out angry and punishes New York for winning today

Well at least we still have the Stars/Canadiens game, the Habs are on the bubble. And to be honest I'm still hopefully that New York will continue their meteor like decline in the standings. Now lets just hope the team comes out angry and punishes New York for winning today

hehe.gif