The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Out of Town Scores 2008-09

Dallas had four 5 on 3 PPs and outshot the Habs 32-19.

Teasers.

Which means by the time we play them, they'll get 3 powerplays throughout the game, but will convert on every single one.

Although if we face the Turco that played tonight, it won't really matter. What the heck was with that 3rd goal?

Dunno which was worse: Fernandez's 3rd goal or Turco's.

Which means by the time we play them, they'll get 3 powerplays throughout the game, but will convert on every single one.

Although if we face the Turco that played tonight, it won't really matter. What the heck was with that 3rd goal?

Dunno which was worse: Fernandez's 3rd goal or Turco's.

Well Turco is held to a higher standard...so I say his was the worst individually. But Fernandez's trifecta of cough-ups nets him the "Trevor Kidd" award for worst overall performance of the day.

So, they both get recognition for their failures.

Key games for March 10th.

Florida/Pittsburgh - Both teams are 1 point behind us at 76.. so whoever wins will slide above us and we slip down to 7th for the time being. I guess the only thing we can hope for this one is it ends in regulation, no extra point for the loser.

Edmonton/Montreal - Montreal just fired their coach.. how will the react? A Habs win doesnt hurt us too bad, but if they lose then 5th place would still be in our grasp.

Buffalo/Philly - This ones easy.. we want buffalo to lose. We have a 4 point lead on them, but we dont need them making up any ground. Philly win doesnt hurt us at all.

Key games for March 10th.

Florida/Pittsburgh - Both teams are 1 point behind us at 76.. so whoever wins will slide above us and we slip down to 7th for the time being. I guess the only thing we can hope for this one is it ends in regulation, no extra point for the loser.

I just realized that. Huh. That kinda stinks.

Have all three real-time box scores up on my computer right now, hoping at least one of the three games ends up working in our favor.

Malkin has put Pittsburgh up 1-0, but what a goal.

Looked like Crosby passed it to Malkin when he was facing away from the net, quick move to the backhand and roofed it above Vokoun.

So who do we want to win more? Pitts or Florida? Florida has 66 games, Pitts at 67, and us at 68. Either one who wins will be 1 point ahead of us, I believe.

Edit: And thats FL 2 - Pitts 1 now.

A lot of fights tonight too. Brashear was ko'd and another guy was trailing blood all the way to the bench. Looked like Bruin's Kessel dislocated his shoulder after a check.

So who do we want to win more? Pitts or Florida? Florida has 66 games, Pitts at 67, and us at 68. Either one who wins will be 1 point ahead of us, I believe.

Edit: And thats FL 2 - Pitts 1 now.

Personally I'm pulling for Pittsburgh.. I think if we stay second in the division we have a better shot of making the playoffs then if we are third behind Florida.. of course with 6 or 7 teams all 2 points apart, that may not matter too much.

Philly is ahead of Buffalo 3-1, so far so good.

Montreal/Edmonton is tied 2-2.. pulling for Edmonton. - Scratch that, Edmonton just scored to make it 3-2. Go Oilers!

3-1 Florida over Pens.. dont care who wins as long as it goes in regulation. This is certainly a 3 point game that would hurt us, winner jumps us, loser ties us.

*Before I even finished that... now 4-1 Philly, hopefully this one is in the back and Buffalo stays in the basement.

Buffalo scores a meaningless goal with 1:30 left to go. Buffalo is unraveling. 2 game misconducts and 23 PIMs in the 3rd with a playoff spot on the line, yikes.

Why did crosby have to score, that game better not go to ot or we are in 8th

pits with a pp. someone win this in regulation please.

and the oil better make sure they win as well in regulation :mellow: