The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Out of Town Scores 2008-09

6 games tonight went into overtime, that has to be a record for one night..

I'm starting to believe it's divine providence that we stay out of the playoffs. I mean that *edit* never happens, what the

So much for scoreboard watching... the box scores on NHL.com, yahoo and ESPN are all buggered up. I not sure which is accurate, a score that says 5-1 or the fact that only 2 goals are listed as being scored.

Forslund mentioned the 3-0 Columbus/Pitt game and the 2-1 Florida/Buffalo game.. so those two I guess are correct but who knows about the rest.

CBSsports.com has all the correct stats... the scores on Yahoo and NHL.com are correct, but for some reason the goals/PIMS/TOI arent updating like they should

Buffalo wins it over Florida 3-1. Pittsburgh/Columbus going to OT.. Pitt gets a point. Winning tonight becomes that much more important. At least Florida wont jump us. Rangers are leading Nashville 3-2 at the end of the second.

*Rangers are now up 4-2, but they are two points behind us, so they cant jump us, only tie. Even with all the other teams winning tonight, we stay 8th even if we lose, so at least thats a little bit of good news.

no important games, good i need one night off from the pressure ha

Frustrating that almost every team has games in hand on the Canes yet no one is playing tonight. I dont get it.

I am in panic mode. No games to moan about or be happy about...what will I watch on tv tonight?....well, there's always columbus v Blackhawks, it's not as exciting when it doesn't mean anything....bit like the playoffs with your team in it :unsure:

Frustrating that almost every team has games in hand on the Canes yet no one is playing tonight. I dont get it.

Why for the last three years, including this year we always have played more games then anyone else at this point in the season?? Then as we get closer to the end we have only a few and we must wait and see what everyone else has done!!!!!! I get frustrated because we might be in eight place but we have played anywhere from one to two more games!!!!!! Who in the NHL does the scheduling and why can't we have games in hand at this point for a change???????

Who in the NHL does the scheduling and why can't we have games in hand at this point for a change???????

Just a guess, but one factor could be the inavailability of the RBC Center during the State Fair and Circus week. But the Canes do play away games during these days. Maybe the Hockey Gods are still ticked about the Canes moving from Hartford.

Just a guess, but one factor could be the inavailability of the RBC Center during the State Fair and Circus week. But the Canes do play away games during these days. Maybe the Hockey Gods are still ticked about the Canes moving from Hartford.

Thats the messed up part... every team has times when they cant use their buildings for fairs/circuses etc. The Canes are not the only one who lose the barn for a week, heck I think the Islanders or Flyers lose theirs for like 2 weeks for the circus.

I would assume every team in the league, except maybe some of the smaller barns like Columbus and Minnesota have to deal with Concerts, college basketball, arena football, circuses, state fairs, county fairs etc etc... I doubt even the Detroit or Montreal arenas are "Hockey only".

If I'm correct, it looks like the only team we need to worry about tonight, is the Panthers. They're currently only one-point behind us (with two games in hand....). If they beat Tampa Bay tonight, we're knocked out of the 8th spot, once again. sigh.gif

I don't know why our guys have slipped back into their old ways once again, (Erik Cole was practically invisible the last game), but I wish they'd cut it out!! smack.gif

It would be nice if the Rangers lost since we are tied with them at 78 points. Currently they have a 1-0 lead over Philly.

If I'm correct, it looks like the only team we need to worry about tonight, is the Panthers. They're currently only one-point behind us (with two games in hand....). If they beat Tampa Bay tonight, we're knocked out of the 8th spot, once again. sigh.gif

I don't know why our guys have slipped back into their old ways once again, (Erik Cole was practically invisible the last game), but I wish they'd cut it out!! smack.gif

Correct, but if we win, then we will still be above them by one point. Can't take much more of this drama :o :o

Philly and New York now tied 1-1.. hopefully Philly can pull ahead.

Boston leading the Islanders in a game that has no effect on our standings.

It would be nice if the Rangers lost since we are tied with them at 78 points. Currently they have a 1-0 lead over Philly.
Good point (although they've also got two games in hand on us!) Have the real-time box score up, and fortunately for us, Philly has tied that game up at the end of the 1st period.

Correct, but if we win, then we will still be above them by one point.

Yeah, I think I should probably start being a little more optimistic, ya think? LOL nod.gif

Good point (although they've also got two games in hand on us!) Have the real-time box score up, and fortunately for us, Philly has tied that game up at the end of the 1st period.

Yeah..thats true also, sometimes having a team lose is not so much a matter of points, although it helps.. but sometimes we just need a team to burn away some games played. Loses help us in points as well as burning games in hand.

At 3 we'll be pulling for Ottawa to take care of Pittsburgh. They have a chance, Ottawa has played well as of late.

At 3 we'll be pulling for Ottawa to take care of Pittsburgh. They have a chance, Ottawa has played well as of late.

Forgot about that one, thanks! (Will have two box scores up on my computer's desktop, LOL.) And a little bit of good news ..... Philly just scored again, and is now 2-1 over the Rangers. popcorn.gif

Forgot about that one, thanks! (Will have two box scores up on my computer's desktop, LOL.) And a little bit of good news ..... Philly just scored again, and is now 2-1 over the Rangers. popcorn.gif

I pull em up on Yahoo Sports, so I only need 1 window open, since it has links to all the other games going that day and I can just switch back and forth. I use it to keep track of my fantasy players.. works well for scoreboard watching as well. :lol:

So far so good... 2-1 Philly at the end of the 2nd.

*Philly and NYR trade goals 2 minutes apart, Philly leads 4-2.

Philly over Rangers 4-2 with just about a minute left in the game .... Ottawa currently tied with the Penns at the end of the 1st period ..... wow, we finally may have some games from other teams go our way. (Now if our own team can only do their part tonight, we'll be set.)

Check out the SOG differential in the Philly/Rangers game ..... Flyers (who just won!) only 29 SOG, Rangers have 41 (!). Something we can relate to, LOL.

Its a final now, Rangers lose to Philly 4-2.

Ottawa/Pittsburgh tied 1-1 nearing the end of the first.

Its a final now, Rangers lose to Philly 4-2.

Ottawa/Pittsburgh tied 1-1 nearing the end of the first.

I just said all of that, LOL .... does no one read my posts? waa.gif

I just said all of that, LOL .... does no one read my posts? waa.gif

Your's hadnt showed up till after I hit mine.. you beat me to it. :P