The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Out of Town Scores 2008-09

I guess this means the battle for 8th will come down to the Canes, Kitty-kats, and the Sugs. If this is true, the game that could have a big impact won't be televised in favor of two teams that will be in the playoffs. grrr

Buffalo has to play games next week against both the Rangers and the Kats... the Rangers game will be the second half of a back to back.... I would think if Buffalo loses one or both of those games they are out of the hunt. I like where Carolina is now, Florida and Buffalo have fallen off and I think we have a decent grip on 8th. Tuesday Washington should take care of Florida (especially with their injuries) and prevent them from moving past us.

i dont see rangers getting in, now watch them get in, but think them and slugs are out...

Yeah, I think Buffalo is out of it and it will come down to Canes, Rangers and Panthers fighting it out, and your right the Rangers, despite a few wins recently is struggling and stumbling down the stretch...

Yeah, I think Buffalo is out of it and it will come down to Canes, Rangers and Panthers fighting it out, and your right the Rangers, despite a few wins recently is struggling and stumbling down the stretch...

We can still move up though, right? Or is our only real chance to make it gonna be the 8th seed? I was hoping that we could gun for as high as 6th...

Again, let me make this clear.

I hate Pittsburg. Staal is good, but I really can't stand the rest of the team. Mostly the captain because of how much he "Saves" the NHL with his publicity, yada yada... I mean, they take it into OT when we don't want them to, and they win the one's we want them to lose... And they have that captain again. <_<

We can still move up though, right? Or is our only real chance to make it gonna be the 8th seed? I was hoping that we could gun for as high as 6th...

In terms of making the playoffs on their own merit, 8th is probably the best they can attain. To move higher, other teams need to implode.

We possibly could.. if we can win another stretch of 3 or 4 games in a row. Pittsburgh if they continue to streak will probably hold on to 5th. If the Rangers continue to slide we could move up into the 6th spot.

Currently its Pittsburgh (82), Montreal (80), Rangers (80), Carolina (79), Florida (9th, 78), Buffalo (10th, 76).... at 11th is Toronto (69) them and the teams below it are out of it.

We're only 1 point out of 6th.. Montreal is playing the Rangers on the 17th, so that will be a fight for 6th, (assuming Pittsburgh beats Atlanta and moves to 84 points). If we beat NJ on wendsday (yes, not likely but if) we would leap over the loser of the Montreal/Rangers game for 7th place with 81 points. I hope that Washington will whoop up on the injured Kats on Tuesday to hold them behind us. On Friday we get the Islanders at home, a game I hope to God we can win.

In Western Conference news, Detroit shut out Columbus and have clinched a playoff spot (probably clinched a couple of days ago but I just noticed it on Yahoo) and St Louis beat Minnesota 5-3 and now those two teams are tied for 10th/11th with 72 points. More bubble teams fighting it out for playoff spots.

We possibly could.. if we can win another stretch of 3 or 4 games in a row. Pittsburgh if they continue to streak will probably hold on to 5th. If the Rangers continue to slide we could move up into the 6th spot.

Currently its Pittsburgh (82), Montreal (80), Rangers (80), Carolina (79), Florida (9th, 78), Buffalo (10th, 76).... at 11th is Toronto (69) them and the teams below it are out of it.

We're only 1 point out of 6th.. Montreal is playing the Rangers on the 17th, so that will be a fight for 6th, (assuming Pittsburgh beats Atlanta and moves to 84 points). If we beat NJ on wendsday (yes, not likely but if) we would leap over the loser of the Montreal/Rangers game for 7th place with 81 points. I hope that Washington will whoop up on the injured Kats on Tuesday to hold them behind us. On Friday we get the Islanders at home, a game I hope to God we can win.

So, in other words, no matter how much we win, it won't matter if no one else loses? Argh...damn our schedule every year.

And thanks for putting all that together Eric...it just gets confusing for me haha.

So, in other words, no matter how much we win, it won't matter if no one else loses? Argh...damn our schedule every year.

And thanks for putting all that together Eric...it just gets confusing for me haha.

Yeah.. I'm afraid thats how its going to work... we need to keep winning just to hold on to 8th... need the Rangers to bomb (which they were doing and then suddenly decided to start winning again) to move up any.

Keeping Florida and Buffalo behind us will be the key... hopefully they both continue to struggle.

Geez, Atlanta taking it to the Caps. Shows they can be beat. ;)

when they choose to anyways, hopefully this means they will show up vs. fla.

either that or I think something has gotten into the water down in ATL and they decided to play some hockey now that it doesn't matter.

Geez, Atlanta taking it to the Caps. Shows they can be beat. ;)

Of course they can, they have no Defense and if Theadore goes down, look out they are sunk, they absolutly have no viable back up goalie. I honestly don't see them going far in the playoffs. To win the Stanley Cup you must have amazing goal tending, or at least a good goalie/Defense tandem. Pure offense will not do it. I see Detroit making a good run and honestly the only team in the east who has a chance is Boston mainly because of their great D and so far solid goal tending (never thought I'd ever say that about Tim Thomas but you have to give credit where it is due). And of course Jersey that is if Brodeur doesn't choke first. I could be way wrong, which I usually am when making Stanley Cup predictions, but I'd be willing to bet on it.

Of course they can, they have no Defense and if Theadore goes down, look out they are sunk, they absolutly have no viable back up goalie. I honestly don't see them going far in the playoffs. To win the Stanley Cup you must have amazing goal tending, or at least a good goalie/Defense tandem. Pure offense will not do it. I see Detroit making a good run and honestly the only team in the east who has a chance is Boston mainly because of their great D and so far solid goal tending (never thought I'd ever say that about Tim Thomas but you have to give credit where it is due). And of course Jersey that is if Brodeur doesn't choke first. I could be way wrong, which I usually am when making Stanley Cup predictions, but I'd be willing to bet on it.

Even the guys on vs said that offence won't be enough for the caps. They had no defensive structure tonight. Shame they showed up for us :lol:

Well, they don't have Greene tonight and leitonen (sp?) stopped 49 shots :o

it's Green and Lehtonen.

just had to say it, because a lot of people on here think Mike Green spells it with an e...he doesn't though.

;)

Big night for scoreboard watching.

Blackhawks v Nj ( Go Hawks...just because)

Rangers v Montreal (somebody win in regulation)

Atlanta v Pitts (Thrash needs to Flame the Pens)

Buffalo v Ottawa ( Sens...You can do It)

Philly v Red Wings (Wings need to show their stuff)

Washington v Florida ( Darn I have to root for the Caps again)

Being Irish I can dream on St Patrick's day.

Big night for scoreboard watching.

Blackhawks v Nj ( Go Hawks...just because)

Rangers v Montreal (somebody win in regulation)

Atlanta v Pitts (Thrash needs to Flame the Pens)

Buffalo v Ottawa ( Sens...You can do It)

Philly v Red Wings (Wings need to show their stuff)

Washington v Florida ( Darn I have to root for the Caps again)

Being Irish I can dream on St Patrick's day.

I'm praying that Brodeur gets his 552nd victory tonight, because if he doesn't, you know he'd get it against us. That's just a Carolina Hurricanes thing to do.

There are those that think that if Brodeur doesn't get his 552nd victory tonight, they won't play him tomorrow night (against us), as they would want his 552nd victory to happen at home. Hummmmmmm.........

Record or no record, Brodeur had a few months off and since he is known to play an average of 70+ games a season, plus playoffs, I wouldn't count on him sitting out any games for the rest of the year.