The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Out of Town Scores 2008-09

montreal loss was huge for us..

Yeah.. a win tomorrow night will bump us up to 6th (temporarily depending on Pittsburgh LA results later that night, pitt win knocks us down but we stay in 7th)

I was hoping Washington and Florida would lose big tonight.. oh well....

Honestly I dont think we could catch Washington even if we won every game left. Though I guess I could understand wanting them to lose just because you dont like them because I am in that boat too :P

I would have hoped Florida would lose instead of Montreal, because I would feel better knowing the teams in 9th and 10th aren't that close, rather than we are closer to the 7th seed. If that makes any sense :blink:

Honestly I dont think we could catch Washington even if we won every game left. Though I guess I could understand wanting them to lose just because you dont like them because I am in that boat too :P

I would have hoped Florida would lose instead of Montreal, because I would feel better knowing the teams in 9th and 10th aren't that close, rather than we are closer to the 7th seed. If that makes any sense :blink:

well, at least one of them lost :P

better then both games going to OT and everyone getting points like it has been most of this week :P

Montreal is 4-4-2 in their last 10 and have lost 4 in a row (same as Florida before they won last night), if they keep that up, Montreal will be that team in 9th or 10th and Florida will be in 8th just by virtue of them dropping out.. LOL.. As long as someone keeps skidding.. I dont care who.

A win tonight puts us in 7th (assuming Pittsburgh will beat the Kings) and back to 3 points ahead of Florida and 2 points ahead of Montreal.. let them fight over 8th.. we're sick of it.. we'll stay in 7th or higher thank ya very much.

Pittsburgh up 2-0 on LA halfway through the second. Buffalo up 2-1 on Philly halfway through the 2nd... *sigh*.. we lose WIN! and everyone else wins... Our Team Our Luck.

*Update: Pitt up 4-0, that games mostly over. Philly is leading Buffalo 4-3, third period just started..go Flyers!

In the Rags-Slugs game tomorrow night which team do we want to win? Do we want the Rags to, in essence, salt the slugs and end their playoff hopes? Or, do we pull for the Slugs so the Canes can draw closer to the Rags? Because they are a boorish team with boorish fans, I say the former,

In the Rags-Slugs game tomorrow night which team do we want to win? Do we want the Rags to, in essence, salt the slugs and end their playoff hopes? Or, do we pull for the Slugs so the Canes can draw closer to the Rags? Because they are a boorish team with boorish fans, I say the former,

Can both lose :P

No 3-point games is what I'm hoping for.

Flyers 6, Sabres 4.

Excellent( Mr. Burns impersonation)

Slugs are officially on life support, my condolences to Quince and dboon.

ii_defibrillator.gif

It is a toughie. Buffalo getting knocked out would be nice, as it would eliminate that chance and shorten the race a little. However, there's still a chance Carolina can compete for that 4th spot and actually earn home ice ( :o ). That chance is slim though, and if anyone's going to get it, my money would be on Pittsburgh. That team can't seem to lose.

So cheer for the Rangers tomorrow.

Slugs are officially on life support, my condolences to Quince and dboon.

ii_defibrillator.gif

They were on life support going into this game, you mine as well call it, Buffalo, TOE (time of elimination) 10:12 EDT Friday March 20th.

They were on life support going into this game, you mine as well call it, Buffalo, TOE (time of elimination) 10:12 EDT Friday March 20th.

rest-in-peace.jpg Sure wish I could photoshop a slug here

Games of interest for tomorrow. Of course, Washington/Carolina. We win we stay in 6th.

Buffalo/Rangers... if you guys are saying Buffalo is out of it, then do we root for them to beat the Rangers for us? Or should we hope they lose and just fall farther behind?

Rangers win drops us to 7th.

Montreal/Toronto - Toronto could do us any favors and beat Florida yesterday.. can we hope they beat Montreal?

Rangers win and Montreal win drops us back to 8th.

Games of interest for tomorrow. Of course, Washington/Carolina. We win we stay in 6th.

Buffalo/Rangers... if you guys are saying Buffalo is out of it, then do we root for them to beat the Rangers for us? Or should we hope they lose and just fall farther behind?

Montreal/Toronto - Toronto could do us any favors and beat Florida yesterday.. can we hope they beat Montreal?

If we win we will stay in 6th with 85 regardless of what the others do. OF course we have to win to keep our position ;)

Didnt I say that?

I say we pull for the Rags today, to put an extra cushion between us and the Slugs. Besides, getting in 7th means we face the Devils.