The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Out of Town Scores 2008-09

TSA, where do you find those Peanuts images? They're usually pretty comical. And here's hoping Cam continues to dominate.

Believe it or not, someone from the Sabre's board passes them along to me. His avatars are great.

Marc Recchi scored his 20th goal of the season for the Bruins which makes it his 16th season with 20 or more goals. Unbelievable. Congrats to him, and he has a third chance at Lord Stanley.

Tomorrow, let's hope the Devils come out and annihilate the Rangers. I know I'll be watching (I hate to support VS and the Rangers MSG broadcast, but I want to see the Devils beat the Rags, and give us some more cushion.)

Oh boy, I smell a fine for Jack Edwards. Not good, but I'll admit I did chuckle.

Bruins look to be back to their winning ways. Whoever they play in round 1 will get stomped, Canes need to keep pace and stay higher in the standings.

I still like us to be on the better side of the 6/3 matchup against Washington. The way we've played lately I'd love for us to hit 4th and get that home ice, but I'm not sure if we can quite make it, and that would also match us up against Philly or Pittsburgh which may not be favorable, (granted if Philly bombed enough to put us in 4th maybe we could finish them off)..

We seem to have found some energy lately against the Caps and the Devils and I like how we match up against those two. We may not win, but it would be a great 6 or 7 game series, no 4 game sweep for sure.

Light schedule tonight, just the aforementioned Devils/Rangers game which hopefully NJ is mad we beat them and they punish the Rags for us.

Pittsburgh plays NJ on wendsday so thats another game for us to root for the devils. But at least we can't get knocked down to 6th until then.

*I just noticed that right now Washington is #2, 1 point ahead of NJ, but I'm not sure if they can hold on to that. Jersey, I think, is obviously the stronger team. Although Washington's next four games are Isles, Sabres, and 2X Thrashers, so I would expect 4 wins there. Jersey's next two games are Rags and Pens which will be harder to win.

*I just noticed that right now Washington is #2, 1 point ahead of NJ, but I'm not sure if they can hold on to that. Jersey, I think, is obviously the stronger team. Although Washington's next four games are Isles, Sabres, and 2X Thrashers, so I would expect 4 wins there. Jersey's next two games are Rags and Pens which will be harder to win.

This post has been edited by EricNCSU: Today, 01:40 PM

I predict the caps will lose 2 of these 4. All these teams have been playing better as spoilers.

dubinsky over a fallen brodeur 1-0 rags, why dont the officals pick up the broken sticks while the play is going on?? Do they have to wait tilll

whistle stoppage?

2-0 rangers, devils are unraveling, probaly like them in first round, think caps will take 2nd, devils 3rd, but we would have to be in 6th, but i think we will be in higher position..

Rangers are bedeviling the Devils 3-0. Lou is probably not a happy camper.

Didn't see this coming at all, I thought for sure NJ would rally this game. Looks like Brodeur's big achievement has taken the wind out of their sails. It'll be interesting to see if they can rally themselves in time.

I'm the type of fan who prefers to see their team win their way into the playoffs than get in because other teams imploded. That said, geez already. I don't see how we can play much better than we have over the past month in terms of picking up points and yet, everyone below us seems to be doing just enough to keep us from truly pulling away and solidifying our position.

It's almost harder to watch the scores and standings this year than it was last season.

L

i'd never thought i would say this but Avery was the bigger man tonight. He got under Brodeur's skin. Clarkson tossed him around like a rag doll, but he showed no interest in fighting back and risk getting hurt for the playoffs. Good job Sean. You're making believer out of me.

i'd never thought i would say this but Avery was the bigger man tonight. He got under Brodeur's skin. Clarkson tossed him around like a rag doll, but he showed no interest in fighting back and risk getting hurt for the playoffs. Good job Sean. You're making believer out of me.

He just did what he is good at. Clarkson got 10/4 and Avery only 2 min for roughing. I hope we don't let him get under our skin again like last time.

I believe that with the Rags win tonight, it eliminates any outside chance the Kitty-kats had of getting a 7th seed, If the Pens win on Wednesday night, the Canes slip into 6th place. Regardless, the game on Thursday night will be intense.

Not too much of interest to us tonight, only game I think we remotely care about if Florida/Ottawa. Florida is in 9th, 1 point behind montreal for 8th and trying desperately to get in. However, Ottawa is 7-3 in their last 10 while Florida is 3-4-3 in their last 10. Jason Spezza is on fire scoring multiple goals in his last couple of games. Expect Florida to continue to collapse and for Ottawa to take this one. A couple more losses and Florida will be out of the race.

Tommorrow will be much more interesting with games involving Washington, Jersey, Pittsburgh, Buffalo and Philly.