The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Out of Town Scores 2008-09

I believe that with the Rags win tonight, it eliminates any outside chance the Kitty-kats had of getting a 7th seed, If the Pens win on Wednesday night, the Canes slip into 6th place. Regardless, the game on Thursday night will be intense.
I definitely think it will not be an easy game for us against the Rangers on Thursday. I think it will be close ... possibly going into OT (maybe even a Shoot Out), but I honestly think we'll do okay. Just because the Devils are falling apart, doesn't mean the Rangers are going to have that same effect on us. ;)

I definitely think it will not be an easy game for us against the Rangers on Thursday. I think it will be close ... possibly going into OT (maybe even a Shoot Out), but I honestly think we'll do okay. Just because the Devils are falling apart, doesn't mean the Rangers are going to have that same effect on us. ;)

I think your correct in that it won't be an easy game. Devils may be falling apart but I thought the

Rangers played a very good game against Nj. Avery is a pain in the neck (and just about every other body part you can mention) but he makes the Rangers better. Their goal keeping is pretty good too. I was hoping the Devils would help us out last night but I guess we will have to help ourselves on Thursday night.

I think your correct in that it won't be an easy game. Devils may be falling apart but I thought the

Rangers played a very good game against Nj. Avery is a pain in the neck (and just about every other body part you can mention) but he makes the Rangers better. Their goal keeping is pretty good too. I was hoping the Devils would help us out last night but I guess we will have to help ourselves on Thursday night.

Not too much of interest to us tonight, only game I think we remotely care about if Florida/Ottawa. Florida is in 9th, 1 point behind montreal for 8th and trying desperately to get in. However, Ottawa is 7-3 in their last 10 while Florida is 3-4-3 in their last 10. Jason Spezza is on fire scoring multiple goals in his last couple of games. Expect Florida to continue to collapse and for Ottawa to take this one. A couple more losses and Florida will be out of the race.

Tommorrow will be much more interesting with games involving Washington, Jersey, Pittsburgh, Buffalo and Philly.

I'm torn between eliminating a team and having another SE team in the playoffs. I guess the safest route is

to pull for the Sens and get Florida out of the race. Ottawa is playing very well and should win.

Wednesday night will be more interesting as you pointed out.

Not too much of interest to us tonight, only game I think we remotely care about if Florida/Ottawa. Florida is in 9th, 1 point behind montreal for 8th and trying desperately to get in. However, Ottawa is 7-3 in their last 10 while Florida is 3-4-3 in their last 10. Jason Spezza is on fire scoring multiple goals in his last couple of games. Expect Florida to continue to collapse and for Ottawa to take this one. A couple more losses and Florida will be out of the race.

Tommorrow will be much more interesting with games involving Washington, Jersey, Pittsburgh, Buffalo and Philly.

I'm torn between eliminating a team and having another SE team in the playoffs. I guess the safest route is

to pull for the Sens and get Florida out of the race. Ottawa is playing very well and should win.

looks like fla and buffalo outside looking in, fla loses tonight i think they are done.. hope devils can wake up wednesday against pens

If The Panthers win, it'll pretty much eliminate the Sabres and if Ottawa wins, it'll really hurt Florida's chances. Either way, the Sabres are in the ICU on critical life support. Panthers arent far behind them.

Avery is a pain in the neck (and just about every other body part you can mention) but he makes the Rangers better.

He's actually one of the reasons I think we'll pull out a win, in the end .... he makes the Rangers better, but we've got several guys on our team that make us better overall. I think our team is "deeper" when it comes to our current lines, and talent, etc.

I would love to have 3 SE teams in the playoffs too to end some of the "weak" division or "SouthLeast" talk.. but at this point dropping a team out of the race is more important for us. Once its confirmed we can drop no lower then 8th we get that star for clinching a playoff spot. After that we can pull for Florida to try to get in if other teams badly selfdestruct. At this point I'm not sure Florida can make it anyway, so it may be a moot point.

I wish Clarkson would have thrown Avery to the ice hard enough to break his nose and knock out a few teeth. I know myself and many others would be willing to start a collection to help pay for his fine :).

Avery's refusal to fight was "smart" in the same way diving is "smart" if you don't get called. In the old NHL you could not play the agitator roll, as he does, without getting your *edit* handed to you in a dogie bag; however, now everyone thinks that it's a "smart play" to pick a fight and then turtle. It's not like the "talk trash and turtle" technique was created by Avery. Everyone who's ever played the sport understands that it could work under the rules. However, very few people are willing to sell themselves out and make the rest of the league hate them.

Imagine that I walked up to you and started spouting inappropriate comments about you and your family while pushing you and then getting in your face and pushing some more. You get upset and finally shove me over and I sue you for assault. That's not a "smart" move on my part... That's a *edit* move... a scam...

You could argue that in such a situation, you should call a cop and get me arrested for attacking you. However, agitating behavior is allowed in hockey. There was no reason to make a rule against it because anyone that went over the top got brought back down to ground level, and hard. Traditionally, the urge to not be known as a pansy is enough to keep players from turtling when someone tries to silence their whining.

Hockey is supposed to be the one sport were you cannot be a complete POS player without getting what's coming to you. As much as most hockey fans complain about other sports, why would anyone want to change that.

i'd never thought i would say this but Avery was the bigger man tonight. He got under Brodeur's skin. Clarkson tossed him around like a rag doll, but he showed no interest in fighting back and risk getting hurt for the playoffs. Good job Sean. You're making believer out of me.

I thought Brodeur looked pretty much like an idiot by cheap shotting Avery because he was in front of him. Classless was all I could think of, not any better than Cindy Crosby cheap shotting another player in the bean bag. May be the Devils should put Weekes back in the net!

think this is the second time we have pronounced them...

Damn slugs just wont die.

Apparently the Slugs and Habs have the tie-breaker over the Kitty-kats. Right now, the Kats are leading the Sens 4-1 and the Habs are leading the Hawks 3-0. This mean the Kats need to continue to win and hope the Habs tank.

Apparently the Slugs and Habs have the tie-breaker over the Kitty-kats. Right now, the Kats are leading the Sens 4-1 and the Habs are leading the Hawks 3-0. This mean the Kats need to continue to win and hope the Habs tank.

And we are hoping that anyone below us tanks ;)

It appears nobody wants to help us out. with Fla and the Habs both winning. I guess we will have

to earn this on our own. Maybe we will get some help tonight.

It appears nobody wants to help us out. with Fla and the Habs both winning. I guess we will have

to earn this on our own. Maybe we will get some help tonight.