The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Out of Town Scores 2008-09

Sorry, had to take care of something .... looks like a lot happened in the meanwhile.

Looks like the Devils finally got a win (albeit in OT).

We pretty much knew how the Philly/Toronto game was going to end up, so not much we can do about that now.

Buffalo takes out the Caps? Hummmmmm. Guess when you're fighting for your playoff life, things like that can happen.

Best news, of course, is Atlanta taking care of Florida for us.

At this point I'm actually pulling for Florida. NO I HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN ABOUT LAST YEAR. But, Florida has Pittsburgh in the afternoon on Sunday (less than 24 hours after playing us) and a Panther win over PIT would be a big help. Not only that, but Florida plays Philly on Tuesday. Sorry guys, but I've got to pull for Florida for a few days :lol:

First things first, GO CANES

At this point I'm actually pulling for Florida. NO I HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN ABOUT LAST YEAR. But, Florida has Pittsburgh in the afternoon on Sunday (less than 24 hours after playing us) and a Panther win over PIT would be a big help. Not only that, but Florida plays Philly on Tuesday. Sorry guys, but I've got to pull for Florida for a few days :lol:

Hey, can't argue with that my friend. Florida's loss last night to Atlanta probably all but eliminates them from the playoffs, so at this point let them play spoiler!! I'm all for it. If we beat Pitt tonight, and THEY beat Pitt tomorrow we could lock up either the 4th or 5th spot and have to fight it out only with Philly. Unfortunately locking up the 5th spot and having to face Philly in the first round is not a favorable match-up. They have been shredding goalies lately scoring 6-9 goals a game.. Cam wouldn't stand a chance. I'd much rather face a team like New Jersey or Washington that is struggling. But in all honesty, I dont care who we face, we are the hottest team in the league right now, and after missing the playoffs the past 2 years, just getting in is an improvement. Even when it looked like we would be 8th and lose to Boston in the first round I was happy, now that we are higher and have a chance to move on to the second round, that's just a bonus.

Games of interest for us tonight.

Rangers @ Boston 1PM.. Hope Boston takes care of businees, keeps the rags behind us. For right now this is the #1/#8 match-up, Rangers need a win and Habs loss to move up to 7th.

Habs @ Leafs 7PM.. Win or lose Montreal can't move up, they either stay 7th, or drop to 8th if they lose and Rags win.

NJ @ Buffalo 7PM.. Really need NJ to get back on their winning ways with this one. A couple more losses and Sabres are toast. (If they arent already. 4 points back with 5 games left)

Philly @ Ottawa 7PM.. I doubt Philly will lose this the way they've been playing but we can hope right?

Pittsburgh @ Carolina 7PM.. Obviously, most important game for us tonight. Win and we are in, forget the rest of the games. Pittsburgh (who has to beat us) is the only team that can leapfrog us, so a loss only drops us to 6th. If the Habs and Rags both lose, even a loss could clinch us a spot as we would stay 3/4 points ahead of them. I would say just like the Rags the other night, pray for a 3 point game ( as much as we hate them) even 1 point from an OT loss keeps us ahead of the pack. OTL would tie us with Pitt for 5/6 and keep us ahead of Rags and Habs even iof they win. We can't lose this game in regulation. Gotta get at least 1 point, of course I would prefer to keep our franchise record home winning streak alive.

I'm with you. That's how it goes when you scoreboard watch. One day rooting for a team you don't like and the next day rooting for a team you don't care about. I'll be pulling for the Cats over both Pens and

Flyers.

I'm with you. That's how it goes when you scoreboard watch. One day rooting for a team you don't like and the next day rooting for a team you don't care about. I'll be pulling for the Cats over both Pens and

Flyers.

Sean Avery with a **** move against Thomas in the Bruins/Rangers game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md5FtFRM-PQ''>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md5FtFRM-PQ' target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md5FtFRM-PQ[/post]

Two games in a row of this nonsense, first against Ward and now against Thomas.

Jesus, the guy's such a scumbag... :angry:

Hahahaha... and he DUCKED and RAN when Thomas came after him... Thats funny.. he can dish it out but he can't take it back in return.. Thomas had every right to go after him.

OK, a brief "bio". Hockey is my fav sport - always has been. I used to follow everything to a degree, but now the NHL is pretty much the only team sport I follow. I have other interests & hobbies. Have followed hockey for decades and I go back to the USENET days in th 90s reading various teams boards - mostly in the Eastern Conf. I'm originally from that city in Mecklenburg (don't hate me :P ), but have been in the metro DC area for 10+ years. Given the above, and that I want hockey to succeed in the south, I pulled for the Canes during their playoff appearances in '02 & their SC run in '06. Btw, I attended the Canes opener in Greensboro. I read many teams msg boards - mostly: Caps, Canes, the 2 PA teams, NYR, the big 2 Canadian teams, etc. I'm opening w/this so the usual smart *edit* don't give the "who are you bs". I'm very experienced w/many types of msg boards, from political to sports to others. There seems to be the same types of posters in all of them. The percentages of each type don't even vary that much.

Unfortunately locking up the 5th spot and having to face Philly in the first round is not a favorable match-up. They have been shredding goalies lately scoring 6-9 goals a game.. Cam wouldn't stand a chance. I'd much rather face a team like New Jersey or Washington that is struggling. But in all honesty, I dont care who we face, we are the hottest team in the league right now, and after missing the playoffs the past 2 years, just getting in is an improvement. Even when it looked like we would be 8th and lose to Boston in the first round I was happy, now that we are higher and have a chance to move on to the second round, that's just a bonus.

You're a heavy poster and uhh, quite the analyst it seems. Now I'm going to give you a go. Hope you take it well. This seems to be a fairly well moderated board. I almost joined a month+ ago to take other Canes fans to task for their doom n gloom attitude re the Canes. I was going to post that the Canes are an average team that will just make or miss the playoffs. Those days some on here were suggesting the Canes tank the rest of the season to get into the lottery... now many of you are chomping at the bit to play the "struggling" <_< Caps in the post season. What a difference a hot month makes. Now the Canes are a solid team on a run and will make the playoffs - probably around #5.

The Caps are 6-2-2 in their L10 (they were 7-2-1 before the OTL to Buffalo last nite). I think you're confusing the Caps w/Jersey or some other team. If 6-2-2 is struggling then what is the Canes recent 7-1-2? Fair to party cloudy?! :blink: The Caps had a rough patch a few weeks ago. Hell, the Wings lost 8-0 around that time too. So what, they'll be #2 in the West. Mar 12 & 14, the "fading" Caps beat Philly in their bld and the suddenly "invincible" Canes 5-4 in a SO. Canes won the return in Raleigh. This season (points) the Caps are: 6-4 vs NJ, 7-3 vs #1 Beez, 7-2 vs Pens. The Canes just edged the Caps 7-6, and we all know which team was most desperate for pts during the seasons 2nd half. Yes the Pens are better w/Gonch's return & the Guerin addition. Don't talk injuries b/c the Caps had more than their share early in the season (no big thing just Green & Semin)... but kept winning w/AHL d-men. Since mid season it was clear that the Caps would finish #2 or 3 in the East. Hard to be up for every game when you're virtually wired into a top playoff seed (running away w/your div). The Canes have done very well lately, but if Wardo cools off, the Canes will go back to being that average team - nothing more or less.

Here's the deal. There was this hot team last season - one of the hottest in the entire NHL - that had a remarkable late season drive to just nip some team to win their division and make the playoffs. They played a tough opening rival and barely lost in game 7 in OT. Everyone who follows the sport knows the Caps deficiencies (d & inconsistent net minding). They also have one of the most potent offenses in the NHL. You tend to when you have the best forward and o-fensive d-men in the entire league, plus Semin, Backs,... Look, if Theo performs close to Wardos play, the Caps should beat the Canes in a series. Not a small "if" but if he does I'd say the Caps would beat the Canes 80% of the time. Even if Ward slightly outplays Theo, the Caps can beat the Canes in a series. Hockey is very goalie dependant (too much IMHO). If the goalie on a moderate underdog team clearly outplays the opposing goalie, the underdog team will usually win.

THAT is your biggest hope.

Anyway, try to get your facts straight about the "struggling" Caps and be careful what you wish for B)

PS - hope the game tonite is a good one.

OK, a brief "bio". Hockey is my fav sport - always has been. I used to follow everything to a degree, but now the NHL is pretty much the only team sport I follow. I have other interests & hobbies. Have followed hockey for decades and I go back to the USENET days in th 90s reading various teams boards - mostly in the Eastern Conf. I'm originally from that city in Mecklenburg (don't hate me :P ), but have been in the metro DC area for 10+ years. Given the above, and that I want hockey to succeed in the south, I pulled for the Canes during their playoff appearances in '02 & their SC run in '06. Btw, I attended the Canes opener in Greensboro. I read many teams msg boards - mostly: Caps, Canes, the 2 PA teams, NYR, the big 2 Canadian teams, etc. I'm opening w/this so the usual smart *edit* don't give the "who are you bs". I'm very experienced w/many types of msg boards, from political to sports to others. There seems to be the same types of posters in all of them. The percentages of each type don't even vary that much.

You're a heavy poster and uhh, quite the analyst it seems. Now I'm going to give you a go. Hope you take it well. This seems to be a fairly well moderated board. I almost joined a month+ ago to take other Canes fans to task for their doom n gloom attitude re the Canes. I was going to post that the Canes are an average team that will just make or miss the playoffs. Those days some on here were suggesting the Canes tank the rest of the season to get into the lottery... now many of you are chomping at the bit to play the "struggling" <_< Caps in the post season. What a difference a hot month makes. Now the Canes are a solid team on a run and will make the playoffs - probably around #5.

The Caps are 6-2-2 in their L10 (they were 7-2-1 before the OTL to Buffalo last nite). I think you're confusing the Caps w/Jersey or some other team. If 6-2-2 is struggling then what is the Canes recent 7-1-2? Fair to party cloudy?! :blink: The Caps had a rough patch a few weeks ago. Hell, the Wings lost 8-0 around that time too. So what, they'll be #2 in the West. Mar 12 & 14, the "fading" Caps beat Philly in their bld and the suddenly "invincible" Canes 5-4 in a SO. Canes won the return in Raleigh. This season (points) the Caps are: 6-4 vs NJ, 7-3 vs #1 Beez, 7-2 vs Pens. The Canes just edged the Caps 7-6, and we all know which team was most desperate for pts during the seasons 2nd half. Yes the Pens are better w/Gonch's return & the Guerin addition. Don't talk injuries b/c the Caps had more than their share early in the season (no big thing just Green & Semin)... but kept winning w/AHL d-men. Since mid season it was clear that the Caps would finish #2 or 3 in the East. Hard to be up for every game when you're virtually wired into a top playoff seed (running away w/your div). The Canes have done very well lately, but if Wardo cools off, the Canes will go back to being that average team - nothing more or less.

Here's the deal. There was this hot team last season - one of the hottest in the entire NHL - that had a remarkable late season drive to just nip some team to win their division and make the playoffs. They played a tough opening rival and barely lost in game 7 in OT. Everyone who follows the sport knows the Caps deficiencies (d & inconsistent net minding). They also have one of the most potent offenses in the NHL. You tend to when you have the best forward and o-fensive d-men in the entire league, plus Semin, Backs,... Look, if Theo performs close to Wardos play, the Caps should beat the Canes in a series. Not a small "if" but if he does I'd say the Caps would beat the Canes 80% of the time. Even if Ward slightly outplays Theo, the Caps can beat the Canes in a series. Hockey is very goalie dependant (too much IMHO). If the goalie on a moderate underdog team clearly outplays the opposing goalie, the underdog team will usually win.

THAT is your biggest hope.

Anyway, try to get your facts straight about the "struggling" Caps and be careful what you wish for B)

I was in Washington yesterday. Saw a caps fan going to game. I called out "go Canes" he called back "we are top of the division" ......lame ;)

Hmmm.. lets see... obviously a Caps homer, so why you are here I dont know.

Humiliating 6-2 loss to Florida, followed by punishing loss 5-2 to Carolina followed by a 2-1 loss to the LEAFS?! For gods sake thats not the way to start March (which Carolina was 10-1-2 in March by the by). Sure you righted this ship with the 3 wins you mention including scraping by the Canes 5-4. A shootout win, which means jack since Cam can't stop breakways and I would never deny you have more INDIVIDUAL talent then the Canes. But, its a team game my friend. You follow that up by getting your pants pulled down 5-1 by the Trashers who have been out of the playoff hunt since October. You shutout Florida and beat cellar dweller Tampa Bay, then get hosed AGAIN by the Canes 4-1 and then lose to the LEAFS AGAIN. Another 2 wins against bottom feeders TB and Isles and then lose in OT to Buffalo.

By my count that's 7 wins and 8 loses since the beginning of March. For a team thats supposed to be leading the conference and won the division seems to be stumbling down the stretch. 1 game below .500. In those same 15 games Carolina is 12-1-2.

Yeah, so you have some wins, thats great.. they have come mostly against non playoff teams (Atlanta, TB X2, Toronto X2, Florida(bubble)). Carolina in the same stretch is 8-1-1 now in the last 10 with wins against Boston, Washington (X2), NY Rangers, Pittsburgh, and New Jersey X2. We have won 8 games in a row, in fact we havent lost since the 5-4 SO loss to the Caps. Counting our two OTL's we gained points in 12 out of a possible 13 games in March and picked up 22 of a possible 26 points. That consistency is what has skyrocketed us up the standings. From a team that a month ago was very much in the Taveras sweepstakes as you mention, to a team that is now challenging for home ice in the playoffs. You got a gift from the hockey gods to finish the season, Atlanta twice, Buffalo, Tampa Bay.. all bottom dwellers or bubble teams that will miss the playoffs and you are still losing? Carolina has beaten Boston, Washington (TWICE), New Jersey (TWICE).. all the DIVISION LEADERS. You get Atlanta twice more, Tampa Bay and then Florida (by which time Florida will be out of the hunt). You gonna go 2-2 in that stretch? Thats not good enough is it? Carolina has the Isles, Sabres and Devils to finish up and I expect us to win all 3.. in fact the Devils game is the only one that should even be close. Sure a 13 game winning streak doesnt mean anything going into the playoffs, but consider this.. no matter WHAT team we face in the playoffs (Pitt, Washington NJ, Boston or Philly) in the last month we have beaten them ALL, save for Philly who we havent played since December 11th (a 6-5 OTL).

You say Cam Ward is our only talent? During our current win streak of 10 games we have outscored our opponents 27-15. We aren't relying on goaltending, although he has been fabulous, our depth players are beginning to score, like Babchuk and LaRose and Brindamour. Sports are simple, outscore your opponents and you win. I dont have the exact numbers, but in the month of april as we went 10-1-2, we scored something like 43 goals versus our opponents 20some. Our problem earlier in the season is we couldnt score and we knew Cam was good for letting in 2 a night, so we lost a bunch of games 1-0 and 2-1. Now we are winning games 5-2, 4-2, 3-1, 3-0.. Cam doesnt have to be perfect.. its call "run support".. takes a lot of pressure off him.

It's well reported no one in the league wants to face us right now. In fact we just beat the OTHER hottest team in the East the Pittsburgh Penguins.. and it was as you would expect from two teams on hot streaks.. down to the wire, hard fast action and took OT to decide it.

Hows that for analysis?

Humiliating 6-2 loss to Florida, followed by punishing loss 5-2 to Carolina followed by a 2-1 loss to the LEAFS?! For gods sake thats not the way to start March (which Carolina was 10-1-2 in March by the by). Sure you righted this ship with the 3 wins you mention including scraping by the Canes 5-4. A shootout win, which means jack since Cam can't stop breakways and I would never deny you have more INDIVIDUAL talent then the Canes. But, its a team game my friend. You follow that up by getting your pants pulled down 5-1 by the Trashers who have been out of the playoff hunt since October. You shutout Florida and beat cellar dweller Tampa Bay, then get hosed AGAIN by the Canes 4-1 and then lose to the LEAFS AGAIN. Another 2 wins against bottom feeders TB and Isles and then lose in OT to Buffalo.

By my count that's 7 wins and 8 loses since the beginning of March. For a team thats supposed to be leading the conference and won the division seems to be stumbling down the stretch. 1 game below .500. In those same 15 games Carolina is 12-1-2.

Yeah, so you have some wins, thats great.. they have come mostly against non playoff teams (Atlanta, TB X2, Toronto X2, Florida(bubble)). Carolina in the same stretch is 8-1-1 now in the last 10 with wins against Boston, Washington (X2), NY Rangers, Pittsburgh, and New Jersey X2. We have won 8 games in a row, in fact we havent lost since the 5-4 SO loss to the Caps. Counting our two OTL's we gained points in 12 out of a possible 13 games in March and picked up 22 of a possible 26 points. That consistency is what has skyrocketed us up the standings. From a team that a month ago was very much in the Taveras sweepstakes as you mention, to a team that is now challenging for home ice in the playoffs. You got a gift from the hockey gods to finish the season, Atlanta twice, Buffalo, Tampa Bay.. all bottom dwellers or bubble teams that will miss the playoffs and you are still losing? Carolina has beaten Boston, Washington (TWICE), New Jersey (TWICE).. all the DIVISION LEADERS. You get Atlanta twice more, Tampa Bay and then Florida (by which time Florida will be out of the hunt). You gonna go 2-2 in that stretch? Thats not good enough is it? Carolina has the Isles, Sabres and Devils to finish up and I expect us to win all 3.. in fact the Devils game is the only one that should even be close. Sure a 13 game winning streak doesnt mean anything going into the playoffs, but consider this.. no matter WHAT team we face in the playoffs (Pitt, Washington NJ, Boston or Philly) in the last month we have beaten them ALL, save for Philly who we havent played since December 11th (a 6-5 OTL).

You say Cam Ward is our only talent? During our current win streak of 10 games we have outscored our opponents 27-15. We aren't relying on goaltending, although he has been fabulous, our depth players are beginning to score, like Babchuk and LaRose and Brindamour. Sports are simple, outscore your opponents and you win. I dont have the exact numbers, but in the month of april as we went 10-1-2, we scored something like 43 goals versus our opponents 20some. Our problem earlier in the season is we couldnt score and we knew Cam was good for letting in 2 a night, so we lost a bunch of games 1-0 and 2-1. Now we are winning games 5-2, 4-2, 3-1, 3-0.. Cam doesnt have to be perfect.. its call "run support".. takes a lot of pressure off him.

It's well reported no one in the league wants to face us right now. In fact we just beat the OTHER hottest team in the East the Pittsburgh Penguins.. and it was as you would expect from two teams on hot streaks.. down to the wire, hard fast action and took OT to decide it.

Hows that for analysis?

Thanks for replying in such detail. I wanted to, but couldn't find the words without getting banned :P

Since mid season it was clear that the Caps would finish #2 or 3 in the East. Hard to be up for every game when you're virtually wired into a top playoff seed (running away w/your div). The Canes have done very well lately, but if Wardo cools off, the Canes will go back to being that average team - nothing more or less.

#1 - For someone who is supposedly "very experienced" with many types of message boards, I think it was a pretty stupid move on your part to make your first post here all about how much an "average team (nothing more or less)" you feel the Canes are (while coming off with a cocky attitude about the Caps). If you've read our message board in the past, you should know that most of our fans here are usually pretty respectful of other teams and give credit where it's due. Not sure, then, what type of reaction you expected to get from making the type of post that you did. (Sorry, providing us your life history doesn't excuse it.)

#2 - Although Cam IS a great goalie, and has most definitely been a big part of why we have won some of our games, our team is much "deeper" then just his amazing skills. (Cam talks about that all the time.) Whereas some teams have their one or two "star" players they lean on each game, we are fortunate enough to have many talented players who have a chemistry together. Most games, if one line is not "clicking", another one is. I'm not sure how many teams can say that. (As EricNCSU posted, it's a team game.)

From our Post Game Analysis thread:

Everyone is contributing with this team and that's what's making making them so tough to play. Everyone can score and the team defense (as well as a an unbelievably confident goaltender) make this work.

I could go on about your post, but in all honesty, I think most of your comments don't even deserve a response.

Yeah, it was REAL good. Clinching a spot in the playoffs good. Guess that's pretty impressive for an "average team (more or less)", huh? eyes.gif

I really wanted Columbus to win tonight, they lost in a SO to Nashville. Really hope they make the playoffs, along with Dallas, who beat St. Louis.

Noted that I pulled for the Canes in the playoffs (and from NC) and that's your opening? Homer? What the hell are you - unbiased?! :P I'll respond more like someone from Charlotte & metro DC.

I already noted the Canes are playing well. Guess what? It's an 82 game schedule, and the early games count as much as the latter games <_< The Canes have had their share of humiliating losses too. Else why would you be in 2nd place to the "fading" Caps? And you call me a homer :blink: Quit projecting.

Yeah, and you guys finally have some wins - SUPER. It's well known that the Caps have played very well vs top teams and have a tendency to play down to lower teams - especially when you have a #3 or better seed almost locked up. Also, teams with hot streaks during the last month of the season don't necessarily do well in the playoffs - unless they've been a wire to wire powerhouse. The Canes just don't fit that description. The Caps last season is one of many, many examples of very hot teams not being able to sustain their momentum. Sorry if that rains on your parade. The Canes may or may not do well in the playoffs. At this point it's all probabilities. Nobody knows for sure - not even someone of your caliber (cough).

You say Cam Ward is our only talent?
I did not say that. Cut the straw man bs. Some of your own announcers said in effect that "everybody" knows that Ward has been the main reason for the Canes resurgence. I suppose he doesn't know what you know :unsure:

During our current win streak of 10 games we have outscored our opponents 27-15. We aren't relying on goaltending, although he has been fabulous, our depth players are beginning to score, like Babchuk and LaRose and Brindamour. Sports are simple, outscore your opponents and you win. I dont have the exact numbers, but in the month of april as we went 10-1-2, we scored something like 43 goals versus our opponents 20some. Our problem earlier in the season is we couldnt score and we knew Cam was good for letting in 2 a night, so we lost a bunch of games 1-0 and 2-1. Now we are winning games 5-2, 4-2, 3-1, 3-0.. Cam doesnt have to be perfect.. its call "run support".. takes a lot of pressure off him.
I thought Brindy needed to be put out of his misery. I must have been reading an alternative universe Canes mb earlier. Gosh darn it ! Your resident "superstar" ES is no longer stalling - I'll give you that. Without Wardos recent play, the Canes wouldn't be able to take chances breaking out quickly and on offense. It's called confidence in your last line of defense. A huge plus in this sport. Huet provided that for the Caps last season - and almost in the playoffs. For your sake, Ward will have to keep it going.

They said the same thing about the Caps last season. It's what they say in all sports about a team that turns their season around. I thought you knew that. It's called marketing and hype.

Hows that for analysis?
Like the Canes w/o Wardo standing on his head :D

Noted that I pulled for the Canes in the playoffs (and from NC) and that's your opening? Homer? What the hell are you - unbiased?! :P I'll respond more like someone from Charlotte & metro DC.

I already noted the Canes are playing well. Guess what? It's an 82 game schedule, and the early games count as much as the latter games <_< The Canes have had their share of humiliating losses too. Else why would you be in 2nd place to the "fading" Caps? And you call me a homer :blink: Quit projecting.

Yeah, and you guys finally have some wins - SUPER. It's well known that the Caps have played very well vs top teams and have a tendency to play down to lower teams - especially when you have a #3 or better seed almost locked up. Also, teams with hot streaks during the last month of the season don't necessarily do well in the playoffs - unless they've been a wire to wire powerhouse. The Canes just don't fit that description. The Caps last season is one of many, many examples of very hot teams not being able to sustain their momentum. Sorry if that rains on your parade. The Canes may or may not do well in the playoffs. At this point it's all probabilities. Nobody knows for sure - not even someone of your caliber (cough).

I did not say that. Cut the straw man bs. Some of your own announcers said in effect that "everybody" knows that Ward has been the main reason for the Canes resurgence. I suppose he doesn't know what you know :unsure:

I thought Brindy needed to be put out of his misery. I must have been reading an alternative universe Canes mb earlier. Gosh darn it ! Your resident "superstar" ES is no longer stalling - I'll give you that. Without Wardos recent play, the Canes wouldn't be able to take chances breaking out quickly and on offense. It's called confidence in your last line of defense. A huge plus in this sport. Huet provided that for the Caps last season - and almost in the playoffs. For your sake, Ward will have to keep it going.

They said the same thing about the Caps last season. It's what they say in all sports about a team that turns their season around. I thought you knew that. It's called marketing and hype.

yeah ok dude, this thread is for other scores around the league. Not your analysis of the Caps and Canes.

Justin Williams got a goal and 2 assists against Phoenix tonight B)

His first points for them too. And he gets first star honors. I hope the people on the LA Kings' board will let up on him a little. But good for him, I hope this is a sign for more to come.

Hey.. You wanted my thoughts and I gave them too you. It's not my fault you don't like them. I never said the Canes were better then the Caps, I think Washington is the better team, and yes you've had the top spot in the division locked up for quite a while but Carolina has been playing better lately then the Caps.

Sure all those wins are meaningless once the playoffs start, but I already said that. What the team has now is CONFIDENCE. The confidence that they can beat ANYONE, because in the last month THEY HAVE. You said to watch out for the Caps in the playoffs, and don't worry.. we will.. I would advise you to also watch out for the Canes.

Obviously Ward has done more then his fair share in our recent successes but its not just about him. Our defense has finally started playing defense, our PP is scoring more regularly and our hitting lines are hitting AND scoring. This is not just a recent "hot streak" this is team-wide adjustments that have made us a better team. Coach Maurice has won over 80+% of his games since coming back and the team is gelling and responding well to his system. I never thought I would support Maurice after he came back but he obviously knows what he is doing. Laviolette was a fantastic coach but for some reason wasnt working well in our system.

How did you reward Huet last year for his hard work? Refuse to sign him and let him walk away in free agency.. that was a nice move. Ah.. but I digress...

To get this back on topic... Congrats to Justin and his success in LA.. glad to see that. :)

Interestingly,based on Philly's OT loss to Ottawa last night, they are tied with us in points but still have not clinched a playoff spot. I guess they still need to worry about teams from behind like Pittsburgh and the Rangers. Its kinda crazy they could still drop out of the top 8.. they've been holding 4th for a long while.

Only game we care about tonight is Pittsburgh/Florida. Since we clinched, now it doesnt matter if Florida wins (if we lost last night we would have to cheer on the Pens) so now we can cheer on the Kats to beat the Pens and keep us in 5th.

#1 - For someone who is supposedly "very experienced" with many types of message boards, I think it was a pretty stupid move on your part to make your first post here all about how much an "average team (nothing more or less)" you feel the Canes are (while coming off with a cocky attitude about the Caps). If you've read our message board in the past, you should know that most of our fans here are usually pretty respectful of other teams and give credit where it's due.
Craps and Ovenchicken (for such a hitter is about as lame as it gets). Pleazzzze, get over yourself. What part of I read these mb's do you not understand? Cocky? Excuse me for supporting my local team. What's wrong with an average team? In most leagues, most seasons, that describes about half the teams. Bouncing around .500 - does Raleigh expect a SC contender every other season? Won't happen. This is a 30 team league. In an age of relative team parity, it won't happen to hardly any franchise.

Not sure, then, what type of reaction you expected to get from making the type of post that you did. (Sorry, providing us your life history doesn't excuse it.)
You're using the same - to use your respectful words - stupid response style as EricNCSU does. You set up a straw man, then try to look brilliant by attacking it. Go back and read my post after taking a reading comp course - throw in a critical thinking seminar. You don't know me - I AM very expereinced w/many mb's. I know that many posters wax & wane from extremes re their teams, etc. I think - and said - that many on here were too negative about the Canes a month+ ago. Now that they have had a very good month, why bring on anybody - especially the Caps. It's the other extreme and comical. I see this on all sport mb's so don't think I'm picking on you. Frankly of all the NHL mb's I go to, this is the easiest to keep up with, and has the least amount of opposing fans posting. Based on some of the responses I've seen, you guys are quite thin skinned. It explains why this is a fairly dead mb. The Caps mb makes this look like Philly's :lol: You act like I'm trolling. Maybe you have vey little mb experience, b/c if you think I was dissing the Canes you don't know what trolling is. Many on here refer to the Caps as the Craps. OK, some do that kind of grade school taunting on many mb's. You did not see me using such antics. If the Caps are "craps", what were the Canes most of this season - the toilet flushes as per your logo? :rolleyes:

#2 - Although Cam IS a great goalie, and has most definitely been a big part of why we have won some of our games, our team is much "deeper" then just his amazing skills. (Cam talks about that all the time.) Whereas some teams have their one or two "star" players they lean on each game, we are fortunate enough to have many talented players who have a chemistry together. Most games, if one line is not "clicking", another one is. I'm not sure how many teams can say that. (As EricNCSU posted, it's a team game.)
OMG, many posters here were ready to throw Wardo and Eric "I'm no longer stalling" under the bus not long ago. Now they're "great". Of course Ward is going to talk up his team mates - are you that naive? When Wardo crashes down to earth, the same will happen to the "deep" Canes. Just trying to keep you grounded :P

From our Post Game Analysis thread:

I could go on about your post, but in all honesty, I think most of your comments don't even deserve a response.

Yeah, it was REAL good. Clinching a spot in the playoffs good. Guess that's pretty impressive for an "average team (more or less)", huh? eyes.gif

You don't have a response to most of my comments b/c I'm right. More straw man bs... I wrote that the Canes were an average team when many on here were dumping on them. Of course they're better now.

Can you or EricNCSU or somebody answer and comprehend this question? Don't answer your own questions. Answer or analyze mine in a few words or paragraphs. I don't care how short or long the answer is. You say most of you are very respectful. Well don't say it, act like it !

If Wardo & Theo perform about the same in a playoff series, who do you think will win a series between the Caps & Cayyyyynes. Give a few probabilities under different scenarios if you want. Is that too hard? If you think this is "disrespectful" then: 1. take a look at what others on here write, and 2. stay among the few dozen -_- who regularly post on here.