The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Out of Town Scores 2008-09

To just make a quick reply to the Washington infiltrator, your team may have the bigger offensive stars than we do, but you do not have the offensive depth that we have. Ovechkin, Semin, and Backstrom will take you places, but when they're shut down or ineffective, well...the Caps just aren't that special of a team then. The 'Canes have proved this a couple of times the last few games that have been played between the rivals.

I just wanted to point that out to you, since, like every other Cap fan that I've met, you seem to think that your team is offensively "unstoppable", which isn't the case at all. Your goaltending is a weak spot, your defense can be sketchy, and even that vaunted offense can be tamed. So, I'd rethink that winning % if you had to play the 'Canes in a playoff series, because 80% is awfully high for two teams that have more in common than you think.

To get back on topic, I'm really hoping that Philly loses whatever game it needs to in order for us to have the 4th spot and home ice. Of course we have to keep winning, but still Philly needs to lose as well. Also, I don't want to play Philly in the first round...so they need to start dropping. They're extremely dangerous in my eyes, with offensive and defensive talent all over the ice, so a first round matchup with them would be killer.

Whoa, Im not even going to finish reading the arguments posted above. If the name calling and personal attacks continue, warnings and/or suspensions will be handed out regardless of whether you're our member or a visitor. Consider this a warning to all who participated in the above "discussion".

To our Caps visitor, please take a minute to review the rules and guidelines of this board. We have strict rules and enforce them here for a reason. Which brings me to my next point...

With the playoffs coming, so too will fans from opposing teams. Some will come to talk hockey and bring some good natured smack talk with them, and others will come simply to troll, defend or pump up their own team. If someone is obviously here to troll, report it and it will be dealt with quickly. We will have a no tolerance policy for trolls and they will be removed without warnings. If you reply to these trolls, you've now become part of the problem and the last thing we want is to have to warn or suspend our own members, especially heading into the most exciting time of the season.

For our visitors: We're happy to have you here, look forward to some hockey talk and even enjoy the good natured ribbing. Please remember that this is a Carolina Hurricanes board and should be a place where Canes fans can post their thoughts and opinions without being called out by visiting fans who dont like whats said about their team. The beauty of message boards are that each team can have their own board, and this one is ours so just be respectful. We've had several visitors from other teams in the past stick around after playoff match ups and become regular members and good posters, we welcome respectful fans from all teams here.

Hey.. NBC is showing a game NOT involving the Penguins or Rangers!!! Its a Miracle! (I guess its because the both played last night.)

To Blade Runner: May the best team win. I'm not responding anymore to questions. KTHNXBUHBYE. :)

Hey.. NBC is showing a game NOT involving the Penguins or Rangers!!! Its a Miracle! (I guess its because the both played last night.

Ah, but it's the Red Wings...the Wings also have a Versus broadcast tomorrow night if I remember correctly.

So far good game between Minnesota and Detroit. Gabroik ties the game @ 2 on a soft goal w/ 1:03 left in the 2nd.

btw, anyone else rooting for the Panthers to beat the Penguins this afternoon?

Yeah, if we want to keep in the race for fourth place we need to root against Philly and the Pens for the rest of the season. And we can always hope 3 southeast teams make it to the playoffs, though it isn't looking likely. I was reading a blog and someone commented that they thought the hockey world would implode if three southeast teams made the playoffs...

Aah, what a bummer for Minnesota, they played hard and lose on a last-minute goal in the 3rd. They needed some points today and are not going to get any.

I wouldn't mind 3 SE teams in the playoffs, as long as the other 2 lose in the 1st round while we advance :P

So far good game between Minnesota and Detroit. Gabroik ties the game @ 2 on a soft goal w/ 1:03 left in the 2nd.

Yeah.. now that we have clinched we want the Pens to lose. If we had lost last night, we've have to be rooting for a Florida loss to clinch, but now it doesnt matter, we are in and now its all about position!

Aucoin ties it at 2 on the PP

Had no idea the Caps were playing right now, I like to see Aucoin have success but not a big fan of being for the caps.

Washington scores 3 quick goals in the 3rd to make it 5-3... I swear I refreshed the page and all 3 popped up.

Florida leads Pittsburgh 1-0 5 minutes into the 1st.

Bryan McCabe just scored w/ 20 seconds left in the 1st. Florida leads 2-1 @ the end of 1

Ballard with a CLASSIC hipcheck on Malkin...literally toppled him over. Crosby didn't like it, so him and Ballard went at it...although I'd hardly call it a fight.

Good game so far.

Washington scores 3 quick goals in the 3rd to make it 5-3... I swear I refreshed the page and all 3 popped up.

Florida leads Pittsburgh 1-0 5 minutes into the 1st.

Whats a little unnerving about the Caps is that when they want to, they have the ability to turn up their game in the third to get the win. It'll be interesting to see if they can bring that intensity for 3 full periods in the playoffs because against some of the playoff teams, falling behind for a couple of periods may cost them some games. Those teams will be harder to turn it up against in the third when its for elimination.

wow, Florida with 2 goals on 7 shots after the first.

I hope they keep them coming.

Florida seems to be doing ok. They face the flyers, Thrashers, and Capitals... I'm hoping they go on a 4 game win streak, thats it, starting this evening.

Vokoun's been pretty good but a little lucky too.

Wow... 2 penalties for Pits..

FLA SCORES!!! The Booth is on fire!!

Edit: Really, there should be a list of all the quirky things said during hockey games.... Do you know the muffin man?? The Booth, the Booth, the Booth is on fire.... lol

Whats a little unnerving about the Caps is that when they want to, they have the ability to turn up their game in the third to get the win. It'll be interesting to see if they can bring that intensity for 3 full periods in the playoffs because against some of the playoff teams, falling behind for a couple of periods may cost them some games. Those teams will be harder to turn it up against in the third when its for elimination.

I think that's because the opposing team lets them! Nobody is willing to take the pain and shut down Ovechkin, Green and Semin. The caps defence is suspect, so they really rely on the offence of those 3 players. You have to get in the face of those guys :P

Fight?

All crosby did was grab on the jersey and kinda muscle the other guy to the ground. I have seen a couple of his "fights"...I wasn't impressed. He wouldn't last 2 mins against Conboy ;)