The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Out of Town Scores 2008-09

"He gave Mikhail some special advice," said Maple Leafs forward Alexei Ponikarovsky, serving as Grabovski's Russian dressing-room translator. "Koivu told him something, but (Grabovski) doesn't want to say. Just some special advice he'll use in the future."

Koivu told Grabovski to stop diving. Everyone including "Leaf-Lover" Don Cherry could see that he was flopping all around the ice bad enough to make Daniel Briere look like an enforcer. This is why both Grabovski and Ponikarovsky declined to comment on.

After years of listening to Leaf fans tell me the Habs have no balls, it was poetic justice to watch a game where the biggest fluffball on the ice was a Leaf. Sergei's charge at Grabovski, although a bit high, was done solely to entice Mikhail into a fight. You don't go spearing the goalie in the groin and expect to get away with it, but neither do you send Laraque out to fist pump a pip squeak like Grabovski. You send someone of equal weight class and Sergei, who normally doesn't fight, said "Fine, I'll do it".

The two of them (S.Kostitsyn, Grabovski) were fight for the same rookie spot on the team last year, and it's quite clear who Montreal ended up valuing more. Most people don't know the history of Grabovski in Montreal. He was a cancer in the dressingroom. He walked out on the team at least once and had a problem with paying his dues.

Important divisional game tonight with Washington and Tampa Bay to keep our eyes on. Both teams have 2 games in hand to the Canes and the Caps are only 2 pts back.

If Washington wins, they tie us for points with still 1 game in hand, if they lose they stay 2 points back and burn a game in hand but still have one left to go. Either way Wendsday's game will be for the division lead, cause even if they tie us in points, beating us twice would give them the tie break.

If Tampa wins, they pick up another 2 points, and then both Washington AND Tampa are only 2 points back with 1 game in hand. Carolina must win wendsday against the Caps AND in Atlanta on friday.

I know its early in the season, but I'd rather not lose the division lead and have to play catch up.

The Habs just lost against the Bruins. 6-1.

I thought the loss to the Leafs was bad :lol:

That was flat out embaressing and ugly.

We couldn't even win a fight.

Sounds like the Canes/Caps last night. :(

I thought the Canadiens loss to the Bruins would have been enough.

But yet again.. another game goes by... no effort, no heart, terrible playing.

They actually played a good 10 minutes in this game though, I'll give that to them. But 10 minutes doesn't win a hockey game. Neither does lousy defence and coaching, and not getting quality shots to the net.

The only good part of the night: the Leafs lost, 4-2, to the Canucks. I really like those Canucks.

So the Pens beat the Wings no biggie they still came out of that game with a point and then get this won the next three....That game was the pens Stanley cup game but too bad it came too late.

GO WINGS!

Florida beat TB in a shootout to keep thier new coach winless and only give them 1 point. Carolina now has a 6 point lead on Tampa with Tampa only having 1 game in hand. Starting to look like a two horse race in the SE div unless atlanta (also with 16 points) suddenly gets hot. Canes win last night pulls them to within 1 point of Washington, however Washington still has 2 games in hand.

In other news:

Edmonton POUNDED Columbus 7-2, Cole had an Assist and a plus-1.

Calgary scored three in the third to top Colorado 4-1.

Pittsburgh lost to the Wild in a shootout.. both teams scored 1 in the first period, and it stayed 1-1 the whole rest of the game.

Shame the Buffalo/Boston game wasnt on TV. 7 goals scored in the first period, 4-3 buffalo after 1, Boston scores 3 in the second and 1 in the third to win 7-4. The odd thing is, Buffalo didnt pull Miller till the 7th goal in the 3rd period... thats an odd time to pull a goalie.. I wonder if he got hurt. Lalime was 3 for 3 in short relief, Miller gets the L.

Ovechkin had a PP goal and 3 assists in Washington's 6-4 win over Anahiem. Hiller was pulled after giving up 3 goals on 6 shots in the first 7 minutes (roughly 25.00 GAA and 0.500 Sv%). Gigure made 24 saves, but gave up 3 more goals and takes the Loss. Hedican saw 12 minutes of ice time and was a -1 with 2 SOG and 2 PIM.

In the only other game last night another 2 goalie game for NYR as Lundqvist gave up 5 goals on 17 shots and was pulled for Valiquette, who was 15 of 15 in relief, Vancouver adds an ENer to win 6-3, Lundqvist gets a loss and 7.5 GAA and .705 sv%

Rough night for netminders last night... sheesh.

Shame the Buffalo/Boston game wasnt on TV. 7 goals scored in the first period, 4-3 buffalo after 1, Boston scores 3 in the second and 1 in the third to win 7-4. The odd thing is, Buffalo didnt pull Miller till the 7th goal in the 3rd period... thats an odd time to pull a goalie.. I wonder if he got hurt. Lalime was 3 for 3 in short relief, Miller gets the L.

No injury, just horrid defense.

The Caps were behing 4-0 against the Wild and now they scored three straight to make it a game. Makes me think the Caps are contenders and the Canes only pretenders,

The Caps were behing 4-0 against the Wild and now they scored three straight to make it a game. Makes me think the Caps are contenders and the Canes only pretenders,

The Caps are a better skilled team than the Canes with all their young talent. Both can be contenders but the Canes will have to have a blue collar hard working attitude every game to get there, unlike the Caps who will be able to rely on their "white collar" skill to overcome average goaltending.

The Caps are a better skilled team than the Canes with all their young talent. Both can be contenders but the Canes will have to have a blue collar hard working attitude every game to get there, unlike the Caps who will be able to rely on their "white collar" skill to overcome average goaltending.

AND what should be a terrible defence. 'Canes should be better there too.

AND what should be a terrible defence. 'Canes should be better there too.

They have some great young talent there too. Its taken them years of awful hockey hockey but all the picks they've aquired are now coming of age.

They have some great young talent there too. Its taken them years of awful hockey hockey but all the picks they've aquired are now coming of age.

Meh...Green is it. Poti is good, but old. The rest are Jurcina, Erskine, Morrisonn, and either Shultz, Sloan, or Pothier. Shultz and Sloan are young and promising...but the real weaknesses are Jurcina, Erskine, and Morrisonn...big, dumb, and slow. And YET they get away with holding/hooking/elbowing you name it...SUCH a joke. Our forwards should fly right by them.

I had to post this, because it made me cry and laugh at the same time...

The Montreal Canadiens last night were beating the Islanders 3-2, when late in the 3rd period on a PK Montreal D-man Ryan O'Byrne is skating down the ice to get rid of the puck and knocks that sucker right in the net. Tied the game for the Islanders.

Best of all: The Canadiens lost the game in a SO.

What made me really upset was at the end of the game after the Canadiens lost the Bell Centre started chanting "O'byrne", and for the fans to do this in my opinion is a shame! OB has had a tough start to the season, but he's still part of the team, and he's 24 years old! This could really mess him up! Thoughtless on the fans part:(

I do appreciate Carbonneau for not putting him on the ice after the incident.. it wouldn't have been pretty. I'm sure he would have gotten a reaction worse than Mark Streit was getting the entire game.

I can't help but be mad though, the Habs really needed that win:(

The Montreal Canadiens last night were beating the Islanders 3-2, when late in the 3rd period on a PK Montreal D-man Ryan O'Byrne is skating down the ice to get rid of the puck and knocks that sucker right in the net. Tied the game for the Islanders.

What made me really upset was at the end of the game after the Canadiens lost the Bell Centre started chanting "O'byrne", and for the fans to do this in my opinion is a shame! OB has had a tough start to the season, but he's still part of the team, and he's 24 years old! This could really mess him up! Thoughtless on the fans part:(

I do appreciate Carbonneau for not putting him on the ice after the incident.. it wouldn't have been pretty. I'm sure he would have gotten a reaction worse than Mark Streit was getting the entire game.

I heard that this morning and heard OB in the interview. He sounded pretty shaken up about it but said the guys were all very good about it. Thats' certainly a tough way to lose. Not sure what's up with your Habs but they seem to be finding creative ways to lose, as opposed to the Canes who are losing the old fashioned way by forgetting to show up at times.

Who'd have thought that the class of the East right now would be the Boston Bruins? Claude Julien has really done an amazing job with that team and its fun to see Boston get excited about the B's again, they deserve their turn.

I watched this last night...made me cringe. I have no idea who he thought was there; I mean he looked up but then just threw it away. Terrible shame really.