The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Out of Town Scores 2008-09

Wow .... Florida up 3-1 over the Penns after the 2nd period. Thanks, FL! :P

Florida has a bad habit of folding under pressure..they let leads go....hopefully they can hold on, as they are DESPERATE for the 8th spot....Buffalo must be crying right now :P

Florida has a bad habit of folding under pressure..they let leads go....hopefully they can hold on, as they are DESPERATE for the 8th spot....Buffalo must be crying right now :P

You cant cry when your dead.

True statement. However, they do have a PP to start the 3rd.

If Florida loses this, they are done

Florida has a bad habit of folding under pressure..they let leads go....
Hummmmm ..... reminds me of a team we used to know ..... LOL. Well, they're down to about 8 minutes left in the game, and still haven't managed to squander their 3-1 lead (yet). If they win this one, they'll being doing both of us (their team, and ours) a nice favor. ;)

someone from Florida just got a 4-minute penalty, and Pitt just cashed in. 3-2. Can Florida hold on?

* It was Radak Dvorak, he sounds familar, did he play for the Oilers in 2006?

Chicago beat Columbus 1-0 in overtime. I don't know about you guys, but I'd like to see Columbus in the playoffs, at least they get a point.

Update: Florida just scored again. 4-2 Panthers w/ 3 to go

How many more until they secure a PO spot (Fl that is)

Not sure, even if they win, they'll still be in 9th, although tied with the Rangers @ 89 points. I'm just speaking, or in this case, typing, hypothetically, that if they don't win, it'll be hard to play catch-up. This for them, is a must-win no excpetion.

and they win 4-2

Dennis Potbelly: "18,300 people are on their feet!"

Someone better remind him that over 7,000 are Pens fans :lol:

:lol:

Good win for Florida, no points for you today Pennies :P

So does this mean we get 4th, or no because the Penns still have one game in hand? :huh:

We are still 5th, but its because Philly is 4th.. not Pittsburgh. The Pittsburgh loss keeps us in 5th instead of sliding down to 6th. We are still tied with Philly for 4/5th with 95 points. Philly has played one less game then us, so they get the tiebreak. If we win tuesday and Philly loses we will jump up to 4th.

What I dont understand though is Philly has played 1 less game then us, be we have TWO more wins then they do.. so we should be ahead of them I would think. 42 wins in 78 games is a 53% winning percentage.. 44 wins in 79 games in a 55% winning percentage, so Carolina's winning percentage is better even though they have a game in hand, we should still be ahead of them I would think.

We are still 5th, but its because Philly is 4th.. not Pittsburgh. The Pittsburgh loss keeps us in 5th instead of sliding down to 6th. We are still tied with Philly for 4/5th with 95 points. Philly has played one less game then us, so they get the tiebreak. If we win tuesday and Philly loses we will jump up to 4th.

What I dont understand though is Philly has played 1 less game then us, be we have TWO more wins then they do.. so we should be ahead of them I would think. 42 wins in 78 games is a 53% winning percentage.. 44 wins in 79 games in a 55% winning percentage, so Carolina's winning percentage is better even though they have a game in hand, we should still be ahead of them I would think.

Games played is the next tie breaker after points.

How many more until they secure a PO spot (Fl that is)

Rangers hold the tie breaker for number of wins, then Florida holds the tie breaker for season series wins. Basically, Florida has to win ALL their last 3, and hope that the rangers lose one.....I think that right :unsure:

I'd like to see FLA kick out NYR for the last playoff spot, just so Avery can't play. Another SE representative is better for the division too. Either team will be fish food for Boston anyway.

I'd like to see FLA kick out NYR for the last playoff spot, just so Avery can't play. Another SE representative is better for the division too. Either team will be fish food for Boston anyway.

We'rnt the Rangers first in the league back around December too? man they have slidden down big time. And I do agree, I wouldn't mind the Panthers in at this point.

You could hear a pin drop in that place during the 3rd period. The only time it got loud was when the Pens scored.

Potvin, what a joke. We heard that "on their feet" comment and laughed too. They finally cheered with 13 seconds left when they knew they were going to win.

A few games ago we were watching the Panthers and it was an equally quiet crowd, and he made some comment about it being a "Playoff atmosphere". We LOL'd on that one.

This was my thinking tonight too while watching the game.

Although......the only reason I'd like to see Avery in the playoffs is that he'd have to go back into Boston where he whacked Tim Thomas in the head with the stick yesterday. There wasn't enough time left in the game for someone to kick the ever loving you know what out of him, so this would give someone from the Bruins at least 4 games to put some major league hits on that wacko.

This was my thinking tonight too while watching the game.

Although......the only reason I'd like to see Avery in the playoffs is that he'd have to go back into Boston where he whacked Tim Thomas in the head with the stick yesterday. There wasn't enough time left in the game for someone to kick the ever loving you know what out of him, so this would give someone from the Bruins at least 4 games to put some major league hits on that wacko.

Im torn for all the same reasons, I want Florida in too but it ends there. But Avery getting his clock cleaned by Milan Lucic, Shawn Thornton and Aaron Ward would be something to behold.

In addition to cheering for the Canes to win out the season, we need to cheer for the Flyers to lose out the season so the Canes can claim a 4th seed, Need to cheer for the Kitty Kats and the Rags (double yuck)

Games played is the next tie breaker after points.

Ah ok.. i keep seeing people say the first tiebreaker as being wins... I guess at the end of the season when we have all played 82, thats how it will be.