The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Out of Town Scores 2008-09

In addition to cheering for the Canes to win out the season, we need to cheer for the Flyers to lose out the season so the Canes can claim a 4th seed, Need to cheer for the Kitty Kats and the Rags (double yuck)
Agreed, but when they play the Flyers (on Tuesday night), it will be in Philly, giving the Flyers home ice advantage. Still hoping Florida can overcome that and take care of the Flyers (and their last game in hand) giving US a shot at home ice advantage for the playoffs!

I've wanted the Flyers in there for a while. Being down here, it's them and the Bolts I watch second to the Canes. Bolts have already won a cup, so, I'd like to see the Cats in there and take out someone for us. Be nice if they knock out the Rags from the playoffs, and then take care of the B's somehow, and then get knocked out of it. 1 can hope....

I'm pulling for the Panthers to get in. For anyone who missed what led to Crosby's "fight" in the FLA game, you need to watch the highlights. Ballard gets the hip check of the year award IMO.

http://panthers.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?hlg=20082009,2,1176&fr=false' target="_blank">http://panthers.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?hl...76&fr=false[/post]

Now that we have clinched I'd love to see Florida get in.. early in the season it was either Florida OR Us.. not both.. but now there is the chance for both. If Florida beats Philly and they Rags lose Florida will take 8th place. That would put 3 Atl teams, 3 SE teams and 2 NE teams in the playoffs.. thats some pretty good parity for the eastern conference.

Compared to the West conference which has 4 Central, 2 NW and 2 PAC teams in playoff spots right now. Before Anahiem made a late rally there was only 1 Pacific team (SJ) in who was also leading the whole conference.

I'm pulling for the Panthers to get in. For anyone who missed what led to Crosby's "fight" in the FLA game, you need to watch the highlights. Ballard gets the hip check of the year award IMO.

http://panthers.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?hlg=20082009,2,1176&fr=false' target="_blank">http://panthers.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?hl...76&fr=false[/post]

The only thing slightly scary about that is that Malkin lands on his head... Prefectly clean hit.. no intent to injure.. slightly akward landing but hey.. thats what helmets and shoulder pads are for right?

I dont know what makes Crosby think he can stick up for his team... glad someone put him on his rear.

I don't really want the Kats to get in, as they broke our hearts last year :angry:, and they talk alot of trash about us. But then again, I can't stand the Rangers either.

Well, as long as Buffalo doesn't make it, I'll be happy :)

if panthers get in 8th, vuckon could stand on head, and they have offense, so they could give bruins some trouble..

Detroit over Buffalo 4-1 (final) .... this may be all she wrote for Buffalo.

Ottawa brings it late in the 3rd to make it 3-2 over Montreal with about 8 minutes left ......

Detroit over Buffalo 4-1 (final) .... this may be all she wrote for Buffalo.

Ottawa brings it late in the 3rd to make it 3-2 over Montreal with about 8 minutes left ......

SWEEEET!!!

And Ottawa takes it, 3-2, over Montreal!!

Thank you, Ottawa and Detroit. ;)

It actually wouldnt have killed us for Montreal to win.. it would have jumped them up to 6th above Pittsburgh and dropped Pittsburgh down. Of course Pittsburgh would have jumped back up with the next win, but thats how it goes. As it is Pittsburgh can tie us with a win but not over take us.

I can't believe Buffalo is not out of it yet.. 4 points behind with 3 games left.. they are hanging on by a thread.. It will come down to the last game between the Rangers, Florida and Buffalo to decide that 8th spot. Buffalo has to 2 out of three though to tie the Rangers and take the tie break. And thats if the rangers go 0-3. 1 Rangers win and Buffalo has to go 3-0.

Tonights games of interest:

Of course, #1, Carolina vs Islanders. Pull out a win here and we continue to control our own destiny.

Philly vs Florida. Florida win here helps their cause and really helps the Canes.

Pittsburgh vs Tampa Bay.. probably too much to ask for a TB win here, but perhaps they can play spoiler? If we win tonight it matters less since they can't pass us.

Looks like the Panthers are going to miss the playoffs. I know I'm being a jerk here but SUCKS FOR THEM! Not only do they not get in, the risk losing Bouwmeester AND owe all the fans 4 free games next year because of that promotion they ran.

Sure they can. And they could end up with home ice without the 'Canes even losing another game in regulation. Here's

how - If the 'Canes would finish with 2 OTL/ SOL in their final two games would make them 45-28-9. If the Pens finish

with 2 wins they'd be the same 45-28-9. And they own the tie-breaker (5-4 in pts). Won't happen, of course, but it could.

I meant they couldnt pass us with one win (since we are two points ahead).... But thanks for crunching the numbers, I knew if we lost a couple they could pass us.

Pittsburgh and Philly both clinched spots last night. Rangers won, pulled within 1 point of Montreal for 7th. Buffalo is now 6 points behind with 3 games remaining. They lose tonight and its over.