The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Out of Town Scores 2008-09

In terms of the EC seedings, I believe the top three and the bottom two seeds are set. The next two days will determine the fourth through sixth seeds. Would love for the Canes to secure fourth and home ice but I don't believe this is likely. But considering that at the begining of March the Canes looked as if they were golf-course bound it has been an amazing turnaround.

I'm not sure we can get the 4th seed with last nights loss to Buffalo. We are tied with Philly but Philly has 2 games left (Against Rangers and Isles) and we only have 1 game left (Jew Jersey).. So we have to beat Jersey on the road and have philly lose 1 to either the Rags or Isles just to tie (we do own the tiebreak). If they win both it won't matter. But if we beat NJ we will take the tie break against Pittsburgh and stay in 5th.

Ironically if we lose to NJ on saturday and pittsburgh wins, we will drop to 6th and face NJ in the first round.

I'm not sure we can get the 4th seed with last nights loss to Buffalo. We are tied with Philly but Philly has 2 games left (Against Rangers and Isles) and we only have 1 game left (Jew Jersey).. So we have to beat Jersey on the road and have philly lose 1 to either the Rags or Isles just to tie (we do own the tiebreak). If they win both it won't matter. But if we beat NJ we will take the tie break against Pittsburgh and stay in 5th.

Ironically if we lose to NJ on saturday and pittsburgh wins, we will drop to 6th and face NJ in the first round.

That actually might be the best scenario for us if NJ continues their free-fall (IF we lose, LOL, not that I want us to lose any games). The only problem is we'd be playing NJ on their home-ice. Who is Pittsburgh playing against on Saturday?

I feel bad for Florida not getting in for the 9th or 10th straight season. Yeah I know all about them accusing us of diving, etc. But I've got a friend whose been following them for years and he's once again dissapointed. That's not good for that franchise, I mean in the time they were last in, two different goalies have clamied the honor of "Most wins ever", Tampa was terrible then won the cup and fell back down again, we've been to 2 different SC Finals and won one, My Dallas Mavericks were still a joke in the NBA and have now become a contender for awhile. Even if it were against the #8 spot against the Bruins, it would still be better than nothing at all again.

However, I am glad to see Columbus will be getting a playoff spot.

Yeah, sad for the Cats. I follow them and the Bolts down here since they're shown every other night. Now because they didn't get rid of Bouwmeester when they had the chance, the fans are going to be real P.O.'d.... now we'll lose him for nothing, yada yada yada...

That actually might be the best scenario for us if NJ continues their free-fall (IF we lose, LOL, not that I want us to lose any games). The only problem is we'd be playing NJ on their home-ice. Who is Pittsburgh playing against on Saturday?

Pittsburgh is playing Montreal. A few days ago I would have said thats an instant Pens win, but not the way the Habs have played the last couple of games. Feeding off the energy of clinching a playoff spot they may give the Pens a run for their money. Plus its a home game for the Habs.

NJ is locked in to the 3rd spot i think so if we beat them on Saturday they wont drop down. Yeah, checking the numbers they are 4 points behind Washington with 1 game left, so they can't take the 2 spot, but at the same time they are 7 points ahead of Philly with Philly having 2 games left (4 points) so they can't lose the 3rd spot either.

Philly plays tommorrow against the Isles and Sunday against the Rangers, so we have to win tommorrow and have Philly lose 1 to take the 4th spot. If they win both it will lock us into 5th. Pittsburgh can tie us but not overtake (if we win) and we hold the tie break against them. Thats a bummer since that 4/5 matchup with Philly will be a doozy. But thats like a 8/9 matchup in basketball.. so close that the lower seed has an equal chance to win. As far as the 6/3 matchup I would think Pittsburgh will beat the Devils in outstanding fashion.

If we pull off the Philly upset that would leave 1, 2, 5, 6 into the second round. So then Pittsburgh would face Boston and Carolina would face Washington.

If we lose and Pittsburgh wins we drop to 6.. which I think is a good matchup for us. If New Jersey continues to struggle home/road wont matter. However, after brodeur won the record and they win on the losing skid.. all but one of the games they lost were on the road they lost @ Car (beat Minn at home) then 6 loses in a row to Boston Philly Chicago Carolina Rangers and Pens. The Carolina game was the only home game.. other 5 on the road. Then a home win vs TB, road win vs Buffalo, home loss to Toronto, road win at ottawa. The trick is, if we win one or both of the first two games on the road, we steal home ice cause then they have to play 3 games in Carolina (3,4,6).

get ready for devils.. pens 2 shorties 3-1 lead late in 3rd.. playoff dates probaly wont be announed till ya think sunday nite?

trying to plan another trip to raleigh..

get ready for devils.. pens 2 shorties 3-1 lead late in 3rd.. playoff dates probaly wont be announed till ya think sunday nite?

yep... Game 3 will probably be Saturday or Sunday. Guesing it will be an afternoon start to get in all games on TV.

so Buffalo beats Boston 6-1 and they think they are the greatest, except Boston had alot of key players "resting"

WOW. Guess they (Buffalo) didn't want to go out quietly, LOL.

Here's something I found on the Penguins board regarding their, umm ... rivalry with the Flyers.

''>
' target="_blank">
[/post]

Thats kinda funny considering what the guy said about Pittsburgh having NEVER won a series against the Flyers. I dont think they do it this year either.