The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Out of Town Scores 2008-09

I watched this last night...made me cringe. I have no idea who he thought was there; I mean he looked up but then just threw it away. Terrible shame really.

Yeah, every other guy on the ice was behind him on the same side! He was trying to throw it around the net maybe, but wasn't deep enough yet. Still a very terrible mistake, he needs to learn to look up before making blind passes like that or he's really going to cost this team in the long run.

Stempniak tonight in the line-up with the Toronto Maple Leafs by the way. And Coloiacovo and Steen to make their debut Saturday for St Louis I believe.

Anyone watching the Thrash-Leafs game? The Thrash is beating the Leafs 4-1.

The Leafs beat the the Thrashers 6-3. What a game.

Grabovski, former Hab, hopefully will learn sooner than later that you have to keep your head up or you're going to get knocked to the ice. He was soaring with the puck into the offensive zone and BAM! to the ice he goes thanks to a Thrasher. He made it to the bench, uninjured, thankfully. Blake also got hit in a similiar manner, by Colby Armstrong (who likes to hand out borderline nasty hits in open ice). But Blake also needed to keep his head up in the neutral zone.

The Leafs weren't playing very good. A lot of turnovers. Cujo was not very pretty. I think his posts saved more than he did.

That's all from me:) about the Leafs that is.

Mason in his return to Nashville kept out 47 pucks, went 2-2 in the shootout to get the shutout for the St Louis Blues.

Also, Calgary crushed my poor LA Kings 6-2.

The Leafs beat the the Thrashers 6-3. What a game.

Grabovski, former Hab, hopefully will learn sooner than later that you have to keep your head up or you're going to get knocked to the ice. He was soaring with the puck into the offensive zone and BAM! to the ice he goes thanks to a Thrasher. He made it to the bench, uninjured, thankfully. Blake also got hit in a similiar manner, by Colby Armstrong (who likes to hand out borderline nasty hits in open ice). But Blake also needed to keep his head up in the neutral zone.

That was a nasty, chippy and physical game and all I could think of while watching it was if the Canes were playing, we'd be talking about who's getting brought up from Albany to take the place of those now on the IR. Canes couldnt have competed in that game and although the leafs took a spanking, they held their own with the physical play.

Atlanta looks to be resorting back to the cheap shot type of borderline dirty play they used to play with.

I really think there might be something to this Ovechkin/Malkin rivalry. What are the chances of both of them having natural hattricks on the same night? And an assist to go along with it?

The Canadiens beat the Stanley Cup Champions, Detroit Red Wings, 3-1 tonight.

A solid 60 minutes of play, effort and good defense. A couple lucky goals aswell, but hey, we worked with what we got. It was a very good game. The Red Wings are very organized, and talented. They are fun to watch. Still looking for Kovalev... Great performance by Price, and Plekanec finally shows up for a game! O'Byrne also played a good game, although being the one that made a turnover that led to the lone Red Wings goal.

With 2 minutes left in the period, I'm also watching the Kings currently beat the Oilers 2-1.

The Canadiens beat the Stanley Cup Champions, Detroit Red Wings, 3-1 tonight.

A solid 60 minutes of play, effort and good defense. A couple lucky goals aswell, but hey, we worked with what we got. It was a very good game. The Red Wings are very organized, and talented. They are fun to watch. Still looking for Kovalev... Great performance by Price, and Plekanec finally shows up for a game! O'Byrne also played a good game, although being the one that made a turnover that led to the lone Red Wings goal.

With 2 minutes left in the period, I'm also watching the Kings currently beat the Oilers 2-1.

hey, you all dominated that game, I thought. Habs clearly showed that when, and if, they get their act together, they can skate and play with anyone. Was really a nice surprise to watch.

Currently,

The Caps are cleaning the Habs clock 3-0

Trash and Preds tied 2-2 as are the Kitty-Kats and the Rags

Only good news so far is the Bolts lost to the Wild

Shmuck....

NHL suspends Stars' Avery indefinitely

Tuesday, 12.02.2008 / 6:04 PM / News

NEW YORK -- Dallas Stars forward Sean Avery has been suspended indefinitely, pending a hearing with NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman, in accordance with the provisions of NHL By-Law 17 and Article 6 of the NHL Constitution for conduct "detrimental to the League or game of hockey," the National Hockey League announced today. The suspension was imposed following inappropriate public comments, not pertaining to the game, made by Avery earlier today.

The date for the hearing has not yet been scheduled.

Caps are getting owned by Florida....yes, Florida.

4-1 with 12 minutes left. Panthers have scored 2 PP goals, must be nice. *sigh*

Edit: I knew I posted too soon...4-3 <_<

Edit again: Thankfully the Kitties pull through 5-3

The Pizza line and Co. delivered, they pounded the Thrashers 5-1.

The first period was veery exciting, two different fights, and two goals within the first 3 minutes!

They talked to Hartsburg, Ottawa's head coach, before the game and he was talking about generating offense being something they lacked this season, and after watching this game I'm wondering what the heck he's talking about.

This games only in the first period, but Andrew Ladd has 3 assists (and +3) already in a 3-0 pounding of Chicago over Pheonix. Carcillo and C. Adams also had a fight halfway through the first... hope Adams didnt get his butt kicked too bad. Damn.. make that 4-0.. Sharp PP goal.. Yotes getting roasted in the first period, Huet has only seen 3 shots on goal. Keep an eye on this one.. it could get ugly.

Update: Chicago is blowing this one WIDE open.. 7-0 late in the 2nd period.. Ladd adds a goal, improves to +4, Adams picks up an assist as well.