The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Out of Town Scores 2008-09

Andrew Raycroft has won something like seven games in a row.

Not actually a terrible free agent signing.

Yea like giving up 3 goals a game though :lol:

But yes, be happy CA, 'cause your team ain't fallin' apart with the Stasny and Sakic injuries. Just gotta hold out a little longer...

Yea like giving up 3 goals a game though :lol:

But yes, be happy CA, 'cause your team ain't fallin' apart with the Stasny and Sakic injuries. Just gotta hold out a little longer...

Yeah, his stats aren't the best, but they're certainly better than what I thought they'd be (.905 sv%, 2.57 GAA).

I am so stoked for the return of Super Joe and Stazz.

Yeah, his stats aren't the best, but they're certainly better than what I thought they'd be (.905 sv%, 2.57 GAA).

I am so stoked for the return of Super Joe and Stazz.

Is either one of them going to be healthy in time for the game here? I really want to see Sakic. I do not, however, want to see a three goal comeback. <_<

Is either one of them going to be healthy in time for the game here? I really want to see Sakic. I do not, however, want to see a three goal comeback. <_<

Sakic's likely out 'til March with a combination wrenched back and snowblowered fingers, but he is amazing and I'm hoping and praying that he'll be back before February so I can see him. I think this is his last year. :(

No clue on Stastny's timeline, but I wouldn't be suprised to see him back by then. It takes about six weeks for a broken bone to heal, probably less if you're an athlete.

Also, be on the look out for a certain Foppa. The Avs have expressed interest on bringing him back (again). Who knows when he'll be ready, though.

And three-goal comebacks? I could live with another one. ;)

Sakic's likely out 'til March with a combination wrenched back and snowblowered fingers, but he is amazing and I'm hoping and praying that he'll be back before February so I can see him. I think this is his last year. :(

No clue on Stastny's timeline, but I wouldn't be suprised to see him back by then. It takes about six weeks for a broken bone to heal, probably less if you're an athlete.

Also, be on the look out for a certain Foppa. The Avs have expressed interest on bringing him back (again). Who knows when he'll be ready, though.

And three-goal comebacks? I could live with another one. ;)

Well seeing Forsberg would be ridiculous, so I can handle that if Sakic is a no go. But still there are other players; Hejduk, Wolski, and this Jones guy I keep hearing about. So yea, it'll be a good game.

And watch out for me, 'cause if the Avs win I'm coming after you...you traitor! :P

Now I just have to find out what you look like. :lol:

The Kitty-Kats host the Flyers tonight. As tough as it sounds, need to cheer to Philly to win in regulation as the Kitties are one point behind the Canes with three games in hand.

With the Pens winning they slip into eigth place. The Kitty-kats lost in a SO to tie the Canes with 47 points, but since the Kats have two games in hand, they slide ahead of the Canes. Makes the Canes game against the Slugs a must win game.

Well, not exactly the best help from the scoreboard tonight, but hopefully that lights even a bigger fire under the team. The team's where they deserve to be in the standings, until they can get their act together and make it a 60-minute, full team commitment effort.

I dont know if anyone is watching the Phoenix- Redwing game but the NHl has to bring up something about the "slashing Penalty" It seems that the only requirment for Slashing is a stick break. Phoenix just got royally screwed which led to a goal on a 5 on 3. This problem is not just stuck to this game.

Good points night from the Canes playoff standpoint: Kitty-Kats got flatened by the Stars 4-1 and the Lighting are beating the Slugs

Yes, thank you Dallas for beating the Panthers and keeping them below us in the standings.

meanwhile Tampa Bay beats Buffalo 5-3, and a nice comeback shoot-out win for Boston over Toronto as the Bruins were trailing 3-1 in the 3rd and come away with a 4-3 win.

I dont know if anyone is watching the Phoenix- Redwing game but the NHl has to bring up something about the "slashing Penalty" It seems that the only requirment for Slashing is a stick break. Phoenix just got royally screwed which led to a goal on a 5 on 3. This problem is not just stuck to this game.

Yeah, even in the Canes game last night there was a no call (that worked in our favor) when Jordan Staal got slashed and no penalty was gone. But yeah pretty much the only clearcut way to get a slash is to break their stick.

EDIT: Interesting note about the playoff situations going into the All Star Break... In the West the 10th and 5th seeded teams are only 5 pts apart, while in the East the 10th seed is only 3 pts behind the 7th seed. Lots of teams still have hope for a late run, it may come down to the final game for many teams.

Kitty-Kats beat the Flyers to bump the Canes out of 8th place. Also, the Bolts are beating the Habs so they won't be easy to beat on Thursday night.

a game im interested in tonight is Minnesota-Vancouver, the Canucks are on a 7-game losing streak and have lost 9 or 10 straight at home. We play them next, I want the Canes to beat them obvisiously, but I dont know who to root for between these two.