The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
hokies416

RBC & Raleigh rookie questions

Greeting hockey fans, from Blacksburg, VA.!

My 17 year old son and I are looking at the game on 4/4 vs. Pittsburgh to journey south for a game.

Having never been to RBC, I had several rookie questions.

I've perused several ticket sites and it looks like stubhub has the best selection and prices. Is there agreement that stubhub is where I should be looking, or is there a better route to take?

Is there any problem, ie sight lines etc., with section 130?

Any pre-game sandwich/burger/pizza type restaurant recommendations in the area of RBC?

Any parking tips?

Any other info that we would like to know?

hokies416

Blacksburg, VA.

I would see what's available through ticketmaster directly first before using a broker/exchange or use the swap meet on this message board...that would be best. 130 is a great section, would definitely recommend. There are no restaurants close to the arena, so nothing I can really recommend. For parking, use I40 and take the Wade ave exit. Follow to Edwards Mill, it's easy to follow. Parking is not difficult and no area is really that much better than another. You will want to watch your route as you exit. I find that more tricky than entry. Good luck with your plans and GO CANES!

My 17 year old son and I are looking at the game on 4/4 vs. Pittsburgh to journey south for a game.

I've perused several ticket sites and it looks like stubhub has the best selection and prices. Is there agreement that stubhub is where I should be looking, or is there a better route to take?

Any pre-game sandwich/burger/pizza type restaurant recommendations in the area of RBC?

Any parking tips?

In advance, many, many thanks for taking the time to advise a couple of travelers to your fair city.

hokies416

Blacksburg, VA.

no bad seats in the arena....i have sold tkts on stubhub, craigslist and here on this message board. stubhub is definitely the EASIEST transaction so keep an eye on it....i personally would take section 117 row L or section 101 row Z....sideline premier has its own little area with bathrooms, food, etc that others cannot access. for the same price - go sideline premier.

for food i would try Bella Monica at Olde Raleigh shopping center on edwards mill road just down the street from RBC. MAKE A RESERVATION - esp on sat nite!!!! it is an italian restaurant and has great pizza.....but not your typical dominos, etc. OR if you want a great burger...same location, NO ATMOSPHERE....char grilll - all outdoor seating...kind of like a drive in type place but a raleigh favorite.

parking is $10, and i think if you get there early enough you can park with the regular season tkt folks. we come in another way and park for free but it is about a 15 minute walk.

on a saturday if the weather is nice....lots of folks will be tailgating....

just checked the canes website....april 4th is a frontlawn party day, so there will be a band and food and beverage there....check out the promotions tab under the schedule tab.

hope that helps!

just realized i was looking at the rangers game on 4/2 instead when i mentioned those section numbers...sideline premier is NOT worth $24 a seat more for one section over....go with 130

Thanks to you both!!! The info is appreciated more than I can tell you.

Now I just need to finalize the tix and I think I'll jump on the section 130 pair.

All the best from Blacksburg, VA.!!

If you want to eat in the arena, go for the Bar-b-q. Not a bad price and well worth it. Go really southern and put cole slaw on it. Really not a bad seat in the house (even third floor). If you buy popcorn, go to a popcorn stand and get it fresh. Have fun!

If you want to eat in the arena, go for the Bar-b-q. Not a bad price and well worth it. Go really southern and put cole slaw on it. Really not a bad seat in the house (even third floor). If you buy popcorn, go to a popcorn stand and get it fresh. Have fun!

Thanks! Great info. The BBQ will be a definite.

hope you have your tickets in hand....right now weather is predicted to be 72 that day and with the lawn party it should be a great day for a game!!! :)

hope you have your tickets in hand....right now weather is predicted to be 72 that day and with the lawn party it should be a great day for a game!!! :)

we *do* have our tix in hand, and are looking forward to the trip next week.

Thanks *ALL* of you who have offered up info for our first visit to RBC.

hokies, if u get chance ,check university of north carolina and duke campuses.. a must see..

Dinz:

Thanks! We will do both while down there. I've personally spent a lot of time in that area, but I want my son to see the UNC and Duke campuses.

Appreciate *ALL* you 'canes fans offering up good suggestions!!

-- Hokies416

If you have a GPS plug the address of the RBC Center in and it should lead you right in...ours does, and it makes it a lot easier. We like to park on the south side, it seems that we get closer and for some reason get out quicker if we do ( as we are out of towners we dont usually tailgate...but there is a lawn party that day... )

The gates open an hour early, so you may want to migrate towards them to be early in line...this will allow you to get in, visit the Eye, maybe get down to ice level to see warmups ( usually about 1/2 prior to start of game )

Food - we usually eat at the Wendy's close to the RBC Center...then eat light while there...easier on the wallet/purse. ;)

I've found the cheesesteaks there to be pretty good.

There is a booth there...not sure what section, sponsored by Bud - I think - that if you pledge to be the DD that night ( fill out form ) they'll give you a free softdrink...that helps too. Seems like it was on the first level...

Have a GREAT time and welcome to the house...

Any parking tips?

In advance, many, many thanks for taking the time to advise a couple of travelers to your fair city.

hokies416

Blacksburg, VA.

Hey Hokie,

My wife and I sit in sect. 130 row K (first row above the tunnel). You can see our view in my profile pic. Stop by and say hi tonight. We always like to meet 1st timers and get their take on our glorious game. Go 'Canes!

Hey Hokie,

My wife and I sit in sect. 130 row K (first row above the tunnel). You can see our view in my profile pic. Stop by and say hi tonight. We always like to meet 1st timers and get their take on our glorious game. Go 'Canes!

Great game! Absolute best hockey venue I've ever been to, and I've been to quite a few. Last night was super!

Being a transplanted Pittsburgh native, and a fanatical Pens fan, I was disapponted in the outcome obviously. But that was the ONLY thing that was disappointing. We Pittsburgh fans do travel well though, lots of Pens fans present. Impressive display.

The 'canes fans around us (we ended up in row X, section 115) were GREAT, friendly, fun, excellent to converse with between periods.

A wonderful weather day, the beer was cold, the seats were super.

We *WILL* return!!! An easy 3 hour drive for THAT level of enjoyable evening.......will never again pass THAT up! Will bring the wife next time.

Hope the new Pens home (currently being built) comes close to the fantastic facilty RBC is.

Again.....thanks all 'canes fans who responded. Parking on the west side WAS a nice tip. Easy out afterwards.

Best of luck in the playoffs! The 'canes will be an easy team to root for, that is until they hopefully catch a series with the Pens of course.

--- Hokies416

Great game! Absolute best hockey venue I've ever been to, and I've been to quite a few. Last night was super!

Being a transplanted Pittsburgh native, and a fanatical Pens fan, I was disapponted in the outcome obviously. But that was the ONLY thing that was disappointing. We Pittsburgh fans do travel well though, lots of Pens fans present. Impressive display.

The 'canes fans around us (we ended up in row X, section 115) were GREAT, friendly, fun, excellent to converse with between periods.

A wonderful weather day, the beer was cold, the seats were super.

We *WILL* return!!! An easy 3 hour drive for THAT level of enjoyable evening.......will never again pass THAT up! Will bring the wife next time.

Hope the new Pens home (currently being built) comes close to the fantastic facilty RBC is.

Again.....thanks all 'canes fans who responded. Parking on the west side WAS a nice tip. Easy out afterwards.

Best of luck in the playoffs! The 'canes will be an easy team to root for, that is until they hopefully catch a series with the Pens of course.

--- Hokies416

Wow - thanks for the kind words. You're right, there were a TON of Pens fans there, and I must say, I've never had any negative feelings towards you guys. You are passionate about your guys, but aren't we all!! I would love to go to Pitts. to see a game. Is it really only 3 hours? The drive to Atlanta was almost 7. Glad you enjoyed yourself so much. Hockey fans are the best!!

Wow - thanks for the kind words. You're right, there were a TON of Pens fans there, and I must say, I've never had any negative feelings towards you guys. You are passionate about your guys, but aren't we all!! I would love to go to Pitts. to see a game. Is it really only 3 hours? The drive to Atlanta was almost 7. Glad you enjoyed yourself so much. Hockey fans are the best!!

whoa...let me be clear, it's 3 hours from my home in Blacksburg, VA. It is not 3 hours for you to drive to Pittsburgh. Sorry for that miscommunication.

Hockey fans ARE the best, agreed!

-- Hokies416