The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
predatorbill1

Where to stay?

I'm a predators fan from Nashville. My wife and I are flying over for game three. We will fly out Sunday morning. We were wondering where we should stay? We will rent a car at the airport. Should we stay near the airport or near the arena. Any suggestions on places to eat? Thanks

Well, considering the airport and arena are about 10 minutes apart, I doesn't much matter.

There's a Ramada next to the arena, about a 5 minute walk. You can leave your car there and not pay the $10 parking fee. Half mile from there is the new Backyard Bistro that our flagship station 99.9 The Fan broadcasts from on game day. I've heard the food is good from 2 people. I know nothing about the hotel, but quite a few hockey fans from other fanbases stay there occasionally.

Preds fan,

Ivyleager gave good advice, the inn near the arena may be your best bet if you want to walk to the arena. If you want to experience RBC Center tailgating, with a car, you can buy some food and beverages beforehand and mix in with the Caniacs. As Ivy says, the arena and airport are pretty close, so it just depends on what you'd like to experience on game day as to where to stay.

Question for you: What did your fellow Preds fans say about the ups and downs of Scott Walker this past week? As a former original Pred and their former all time leading scorer, is he someone generally highly regarded by the fanbase there?

Oh a few over there pretty much said "eff him", over a supposed comment of contracting Nashville during the lockout. Yet no one can provide proof of it, but proof saying he'd never vote to contract teams is found. So it's a matter of who to believe.

He was the PA rep in Nashville.

Oh a few over there pretty much said "eff him", over a supposed comment of contracting Nashville during the lockout. Yet no one can provide proof of it, but proof saying he'd never vote to contract teams is found. So it's a matter of who to believe.

He was the PA rep in Nashville.

Thanks Joki, I didn't realize he was the PA rep in Nashville. Never heard of the issue about a 'contracting Nashville' comment. I do know that a year or two ago when he was the featured guest at a Canes Corner that he had favorable things to say about Nashville, their fans and his time there as being good.

He was a fan favorite for sure, I don't remember what he said exactly, I pretty much let go whatever the players said during the lockout anyways.

If you are renting a car anyway, you may as well take part in the world class tailgating that goes on at the RBC.

The two hotels mentioned are the closest, but shooting down Edwards Mill Rd., it's only a short drive over to Glenwood Ave. which is one of the hotel, shopping, eating areas in Raleigh.

Thank you for all your help in finding a place to stay. I really appreciate it.

Scott Walker. He was the heart and soul of this team for all the years he played here. He played hard tough and played hurt. However, during the lockout, he made a statement about contraction, especially non traditional markets. This wasn't received well by some of the posters.

Nashville is not a mature professional sports market, so people tend to take comments too personally. I for one was cheering for him when he scored the goal. Good luck in this series.

We had a great experience in your barn Saturday night. With all the tailgating, and outdoor events, it was a combination of a playoff hockey game with a college football game atmosphere. I guess it was hockey southern style. Keep up the good work. Thanks. Good luck next game.