The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Keith The Great

Hello Caniacs!

Welcome! Most Canes fans have nothing but nice things to say about Edmonton fans from the 2006 run. Myself included, I sat near some Edmonton fans during the series and they were great to talk with. Two Edmonton fans -- almost unbelievably -- even joined our group in our tailgating/celebrating after the Game 7 Canes victory. :blink: It could've been the free beer and booze we were offering :lol: , but they were still nice to hang out with us, congratulate us on the Cup and the series, and share stories with us. Many stories like that abound -- the Oil fans that came to Raleigh sure were terrific ambassadors for your fanbase.

I do hope I can make some friends here, even though our teams/fans may still hold some anomosity towards each other.

Oil fans are always welcome here, always a classy bunch in my books.

Oh it has it's ups and downs, mostly downs, but I do get a sense of satisfaction every time Calgary is eliminated from the playoffs.

So do I. I hate Keenan (yet cheered for the tool when I was a Rangers fan).

Welcome! Most Canes fans have nothing but nice things to say about Edmonton fans from the 2006 run. Myself included, I sat near some Edmonton fans during the series and they were great to talk with. Two Edmonton fans -- almost unbelievably -- even joined our group in our tailgating/celebrating after the Game 7 Canes victory. :blink: It could've been the free beer and booze we were offering :lol: , but they were still nice to hang out with us, congratulate us on the Cup and the series, and share stories with us. Many stories like that abound -- the Oil fans that came to Raleigh sure were terrific ambassadors for your fanbase.

I agree - the Oilers' fans are about the best opposing team's fans I've come across. I will never forget the two Oilers fans standing at one of the exits from section 332 after Game 7, the Cup presentation and all the festivities, shaking hands with any Hurricanes fan that would shake their hand, and saying "Congratulations". That was amazingly classy.

So welcome, and I hope you join the bandwagon soon! :P