The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
IceFrog999

The 2009 NHL Entry Draft

A mixture of physical presence and scoring skill, Paradis is an attractive prospect. He possesses a hard shot and has the ability to make room for himself and his teammates on the ice. Paradis isn't a player to back down from a challenge. Already an intriguing medley of grit and ability, if Paradis gets faster and stronger, he could become a dominant force in the QMJHL.

From A. Muir's SI.com blog:

The Hurricanes pass a few players ranked more highly by other clubs to nab Philippe Paradis, a center from Shawinigan. He's another safe pick who looks like a lock to become a long-term NHLer as a depth player with some offensive upside. Has NHL size (6-2, 195) and could make a relatively quick ascension to the pro ranks.

Interesting...I guess.

Man, what did people see to NOT choose Ferraro and others?? And also, what possessed Ronnie and JR to choose ... who did we get again?? Geez, I can't even remember his name now... phillip something.

The guy wasn't even projected to be in the 1st round. We probably could have grabbed him with one of our two 2nd round ones. I really don't understand why we passed on Ferraro.

Found some stuff on Paradis

ISS: Paradis has good size and is a strong skater who has improved his overall speed over the course of the year. He protects the puck well during offensive zone plays and cycles. Competes hard and battles for loose pucks along the wall. Plays a grinding style of game

Alright, I'm going to go to sleep tonight under the guise that JR will trade up to the early 2nd tomorrow and we'll grab the players we were suppose to grab today. It's the only way I'm going to be able to deal with it.

Well that was an idotic pick. They could have traded back to at least 35 and still easily gotten Paradis, not to mention we could have picked up some more picks in the later rounds which we also need. Now I know why there wasn't a draft party anywhere, nobody knows who the heck this guy is. I'm not so mad about this pick, as a player he could turn out decently, but he had no business being picked in the 1st round.

Yea, I'm really hoping the management team made the right decision with this kid. We could have gotten him in the 2nd round.

Whats our position in the 2nd round? Its a high pick from the Oilers isn't it?

Its actually from the flames, its the 51st overall. I'm really hoping we take Alex Chiasson with it or else this draft will have been a total waste.

When this team will starts to drafts player who can help to this team to make greatest things? Not another player who spend his whole career in Albany River Rats.

I'm still can't believe.

To be good this draft, we must take one of Budish, Ferraro, Shore or Klingberg on round two.

Its actually from the flames, its the 51st overall. I'm really hoping we take Alex Chiasson with it or else this draft will have been a total waste.

Ah, yes the Flames. Won't be alot of talent to pick from at 51st. We'll really have to search for a diamond in the rough.

I think there is a little confusion in the front office, they know we have to get better on the PP but i don't think drafting someone with those initials is going to do it, who knows maybe they see the power of alliteration being a very strong factor in a young hockey player. it will be interesting to see where Ferraro goes now that he gets snubbed in the first round, maybe we'll trade up to get him. i doubt it though.

The only good thing I have heard of Paradis is that he has a Big Shot and according to Bob Mackenzie "Can Shoot Through a Wall", just one problem we already have two players who can do that in Corvo and Babchuk.

The only good thing I have heard of Paradis is that he has a Big Shot and according to Bob Mackenzie "Can Shoot Through a Wall", just one problem we already have two players who can do that in Corvo and Babchuk.

When Paradis will play for us, Corvo and Babchuk will be far away from Raleigh.

Honestly, i don't think Paradis will make team ever.

When disappointments comes, it's time to alcohol.

Give me pictures on Paradis with team jersey, if you have?

I think Jimmy might know what he's doing. Even though I don't really see anything that stands out about this guy, how many times have we been :huh: about one of JR's moves?

I have faith.

how many times have we been :huh: about one of JR's moves?

I have faith.

exactly. I tend to go on the wait and see mode on stuff like this. Jumping the gun and/or the ship early on these 'jr is an idiot' moves can make you look very foolish in a few months :lol:

What happened was JR was driving down the road on the way to the draft when suddenly his window was blown out by a puck, he stopped the car and chased this kid down and made him shoot some pucks in an alley, he was so impressed he immediately decided to draft him. Well that's how it works in the movies anyway, right?