The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Denis Potvin gets fired as Panther's color guy

I didnt see this coming but I'm glad it did. He's an embarassment to the Florida fans with how he goes on about every player in the league being a diver.

I didnt see it coming because, color guys and commentators seem to almost never change unless they die or choose to retire.

Good. Like everyone else said, you don't really see this coming, but if I ever have to watch another broadcast on FL's network if FSCAR isn't covering it then I'll be mighty happy about this . Hopefully Potvin will be able to 'dive' into a new career soon because he was absolute embarrassment to listen to and I don't see how the Panther's fans put up with it for so long.

Once they told me I was done, I walked out.

Well don't let the diving board hit you on your way down, Denis. Good riddance!

Post of the week winner :)

Good God, maybe if I ever have to watch a Florida Panthers game from their perspective again I can actually get through it. Potvin was annoying as hell but their play by play guy isn't much better.

The play by play guy reminds me of a wrestling announcer from the late 80's early 90's..... almost NWA or early WCW, and now TNA'ish as well...

Just an FYI, Potvin now works as an analyst for NHL Network's "On The Fly" show.

Way to ruin a good show. Seriously threw up in my mouth when I saw and heard him. Cannot wait to see how he analyzes one of our games later on.

I still can't stand Potvin but thanks to Brian Duff leading the discussions and Potvin resticted to answering what he is being asked, I thought he has been doing ok actually.