The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TarheelMike

NHL & NBC Extend TV Deal

I was just about to post this dreadful news... you beat me to it. There go any ESPN hopes for two years. :(

Oh great 2 more years of horse racing... I mean, Crosby/penguins/Malkin/Rangers/Red Wings.... oh, and did I mention Crosby?

Don't forget the Bruins, Caps/Alex the Great, and Flyers.

Yay! I am filled with so much joy over this lovely news. Can't you tell how happy I am? :rolleyes:

I don't understand why the NHL settles for a national contract that will only broadcast one game a week for only the second half of the season. It just doesn't make sense.

It's the best they can do...for now.

I took a hard look at the schedule yesterday and I think we're gonna end up with two road dates (both in Pennsylvania, of course) on NBC.

I'd rather get Johnny & Tripp, but hey, the additional coverage would be a good thing.

I don't understand why the NHL settles for a national contract that will only broadcast one game a week for only the second half of the season. It just doesn't make sense.

My thoughts exactly. When they had a deal with ESPN. games were on once or twice a week. Also, the playoffs. I never watch NBC games, unless the canes by chance were on there. Which is very rare I think.