The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
dangermouse-ch1

Patrick Eaves Signed by Red Wings

he still should be getting a mil or so from Boston, so he will do alright. He won't be eating beanie weenies.

I thought it was teams only had to pay 1/3 of players remaining salary when they're under 25. If that's the case then his remaining salary for the next two years would have been 3.1 mil, so 1/3 over 4 years is roughly 250k. That would mean he will be making 750k this year instead of 1.4.

Hm, I'm somewhat confused right now.

I just got to read that the red wings signed Eaves on a 1 year 500k $ contract. But how could that be? Didn't Eaves had one year left on his former contract, and was traded to the bruins?

The only possibility I could think of would that the Bruins, after trading for Eaves, immediately bought him out of contract, but that wouldn't make too much sense...

Hi! Maybe you missed Eaves already being discussed here:

Patrick Eaves / Detroit

Hm, I'm somewhat confused right now.

I just got to read that the red wings signed Eaves on a 1 year 500k $ contract. But how could that be? Didn't Eaves had one year left on his former contract, and was traded to the bruins?

The only possibility I could think of would that the Bruins, after trading for Eaves, immediately bought him out of contract, but that wouldn't make too much sense...

I thought it was teams only had to pay 1/3 of players remaining salary when they're under 25. If that's the case then his remaining salary for the next two years would have been 3.1 mil, so 1/3 over 4 years is roughly 250k. That would mean he will be making 750k this year instead of 1.4.

I'd take it.

He should do well there; as long as he's there he's on one of the if not THE most consistantly great teams in the league....

I wish him all the luck in the world but I won't be yelling 'Hatrick Patrick' when they play us LOL

I wish the best of luck to Patrick.

Spoke with him for a while at the Skate with the Canes event last December. Really nice guy. Very down to earth.

As with a lot of players, he just needs some more ice time to produce. Hope he gets it in Detroit.

Good for Patrick. I still think the kid has potential, this team just wasn't a fit for him. I think he'll do alright in Detroit. Its a good organization and he'll be in good hands with the Zetterbergs and Datsyuk's to help get his career back on the right track.

That's exactly what they did. Made sense at the time because it looked like a salary dump, until they signed another defenseman for more money than they were paying Ward instead of using that money on Kessel.

Anyway, see the rest of the discussion in the other thread. Just wanted to clear that up before this gets locked.