The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Appstatecanesfan

A really scary proposal

And that's the only thing that could make the Avs' jerseys any worse than they are now.

Go for practice jerseys, that would make them a bit more unique to each team and a bit of a novelty. But you're not touching the game jerseys, not if I have anything to do about it.

don't knock it, it is a source of revenue and if it can keep ticket prices where they are at then so be it. It is the norm in europe.

Go for it all they want on practice jerseys, and heck the occasional promotional ad jersey like minor leagues do, usually auctioning them off for charity, might not be a bad idea. But please keep the regular jerseys sacred.

don't knock it, it is a source of revenue and if it can keep ticket prices where they are at then so be it. It is the norm in europe.

It looks like *edit* and hocks a loogi in the face of tradition

I'll knock it.

NO

Practice jerseys might be ok...but not on game jerseys...

NOT AT ALL

While I don't want it to look like the picture on the article with every square inch sold, I don't have a problem with a modest amount of advertising. As c97 said, it is an additional source of revenue and if it helps keep ticket prices from going up, great.

Ask yourself, if PK could get a few million from advertising and JR could use that money to sign the winger we all covet, would you still be against it?

Can you imagine how pissed the fans were when the dashers started having advertisements? Now we view it as a normal part of hockey.

Can you imagine how pissed the fans were when the dashers started having advertisements? Now we view it as a normal part of hockey.

Exactly!! If Buttman can't get hockey a "real" tv contract then the least he could do is turn it into NASCAR!!!

Please, not on the players. There are still places left to advertise without ruining the sweaters. Seat backs, cup holders, metal glass supports, kick plates, and even CGI and/or window ads on the glass are all places that have yet to be explored/exploited to any major extent. I recall seeing a Subway ad (probably CGI) on the end glass during a Rangers game late last season; more of that could be a huge revenue stream. You could even put ads on top of the blue lines and red line as long as it didn't throw off the players (maybe a rule against white lettering or something).

If the NHL wants more advertising and thinks they've exhausted all opportunities short of the players themselves, they need fresh blood in their marketing departments.

I would like to think we have learned our lessons about "doing as the EU does".

But that would be a different thread. ;)

So you'd still be against it if it saved you mad cash on tickets...or it if allowed the Canes to have a Few more Million in the budget to grab some great players?

I don't know how I feel about it really, but if it did either or both of those things, i can't said I'd argue. I never mind them on Soccer in Europe and around the world....

The fact that O-6 fans and Canadians would be outraged is a plus, in my book. It would be deliciously ironic if, after all the abuse the Southern markets have taken over the years, the sport began to more closely emulate NASCAR.

I have no problem with ads on the jerseys, personally.. I imagine they would begin to look just like a few extra patches, after a while. The only problem would be if the business community wasn't able to afford any space, which is a definite possibility.

You guys know you can't start this stuff with me around. I'm beginning to like the idea of this.

adjersey.jpg

Thats a terrible location for that ad geez, you buy the croch of the players pants and put it there

just dont put it on crosbys croch that would be false advertising and I will have none of that