The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

Ducks vs. Sabres

I would worry about tomorrow's game against the Rangers. They'll be looking to capitalize on any weaknesses you guys have now.

Sabres seem to be getting into a lot of penalty problems tonight against the Rangers, who are 3 for 3 on the PP and lead the Sabres 3-1. I only saw Prucha's injury but there was supposed to have been another palyer who also got hit in the face with a puck in a clearing attempt.

Edit: Paetsch was the other player but he is back on the ice 8 min later

its ok though....we still won :D

officially, Maxi is out for about 10-15 days with a separated shoulder.

phew...not as bad as i thought.

Hey, that's really good!

*counts days till Sabres game*

:( Booo..

Am I the only person here who doesn't feel sorry for the Sabres? Injuries were bound to happen to them sooner or later. Look on the bright side, Sabres' fans. At least now you'll have an excuse for any future losses. :roll:

Am I the only person here who doesn't feel sorry for the Sabres? Injuries were bound to happen to them sooner or later. Look on the bright side, Sabres' fans. At least now you'll have an excuse for any future losses. :roll:

Umm...no one is feeling sorry for the Sabres. And how could we? They've won 11 games and have only one SO loss and one regulation loss. We just like Max and want him to be healthy, and it's unfortunate because he was really on a roll. No one is making excuses or anything...

We don't feel sorry for them at all...but we do like Boon and Mellissa around here. Personaly, it gives me great pleasure to see the Slugs lose but you gotta respect the start they've had.

We don't feel sorry for them at all...but we do like Boon and Mellissa around here. Personaly, it gives me great pleasure to see the Slugs lose but you gotta respect the start they've had.

we dont want anyone to feel sorry for us. Injuries suck, but theyre gonna happen. we're still the best damn team in the NHL, with or without injuries.

And i already have the excuse we need for future losses...We just didnt play hard enough. :roll:

we dont want anyone to feel sorry for us. Injuries suck, but theyre gonna happen. we're still the best damn team in the NHL, with or without injuries.

And i already have the excuse we need for future losses...We just didnt play hard enough. :roll:

I agree with Melissa. Last year the Sabres didn't want anyone to feel bad for them when they got knocked out of the play-offs. The one thing the Sabres do is not make excuses for their losses.

Uh...sorry Melissa but I'm afraid Anaheim is the "best damn team in the NHL" now, and Atlanta has tied Buffalo for 2nd. Anaheim is still undefeated in regulation. Have a safe drive down...

Uh...sorry Melissa but I'm afraid Anaheim is the "best damn team in the NHL" now, and Atlanta has tied Buffalo for 2nd. Anaheim is still undefeated in regulation. Have a safe drive down...

SF55, If you had closely read what I originally posted, I implied that the fans will have an excuse--not the Sabres themselves. I never said that the Sabres made excuses, but the fans certainly did all throughout the ECF last spring.

By the way, you guys can like "Melissa" and "Boon" all you want, but it was Melissa who "innocently" posted a link on our temporary board to a Buffalo radio station interview with Daniel Briere. That broadcast completely bashed our team, our fans, and our state. Nice post, Melissa. Especially your follow-up post, pretending you didn't know the content of the interview. You wrote something to the effect... "Oops. Maybe I shouldn't have posted that." How you have won favor with some of our fans, I will never know.

SF55, If you had closely read what I originally posted, I implied that the fans will have an excuse--not the Sabres themselves. I never said that the Sabres made excuses, but the fans certainly did all throughout the ECF last spring.

I just don't see why you posted the thing about excuses and feeling sorry in the first place, because no one was doing it on here and no one on the Sabres board was doing it either. It just seemed like an unnecessary thing to bring up. Especially since this is a completely different situation than last season's ECF.

ok StormSurge... i actually dont care if you like me or not. i just think its funny you have a big problem with me. for no reason.

and that interview with danny, yes. i posted it. and yes, i didnt listen to the entire interview before i did post it....and when i finished listening to it, i said "maybe i should have listened to the entire interview before i posted it. im sorry."

only people like you will find some sort of conspiracy crap about that.

keep bringing up all this stuff thats completely off topic... :roll:

if you have a problem with me, or wanna keep this going, PM me.

With their 6-0 win over the 'nucks, the Ducks set a new NHL record by going their first 16 games without losing in regulation.

Their next two games are @ Calgary and home against Minny. But if they get through those two, their next 3 are against Philly, Chicago, and Phoenix. 21 games a possibility? I'll say they lose to Minny.

Can you just imagine if their first loss comes from Philly :shock:

I would laugh! :lol:

And I actually kind of like the Ducks...but it would still be funny. Way worse than the Sabres losing to Toronto.

I find it comical to compare the best teams in the NHL in November. Remember last season the best team now was Ottawa and how did that turn out for them. :shock:

Buffalo and Anaheim are both excellent teams. We shall see how far they go later on. If I were a betting man, I would say at least one of them will get to the Finals, but as you all know, it is not too easy to predict the future.

Good luck to both, except of course against the Canes. :mrgreen:

Ducks' record regulation win streak goes out like Flame

CALGARY, Alberta (AP) -- Miikka Kiprusoff shared the credit for finally ending the Anaheim Ducks' record-setting streak.

Kiprusoff was credited with 37 saves in leading the Calgary Flames to a 3-0 victory over the Ducks. But the Flames' goalie credited defenseman Andrew Ference for making one of those saves on Teemu Selanne in the third period with the Ducks on a power play.