The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OllieC

Wii

I don't have it, but look at that crappy controller and the crappy looking games. Then look at the PS3 games or better yet the 360 games and ask is it worth it?

Ask Santa for an Xbox instead of a Wee.

It's supposed to be more of a virtual reality experience rather than outstanding graphics, etc.. If it was all that the price would be higher than 250!

I don't have it, but look at that crappy controller and the crappy looking games. Then look at the PS3 games or better yet the 360 games and ask is it worth it?

Ask Santa for an Xbox instead of a Wee.

I have an XBOX

When I got back from the game last night, the roommates were out procuring a Wii. They played a bit of Wii Sports, but the graphics for Zelda were amazing. Didn't get a chance to try out the controller to see how intuitive it is, but while they were playing bowling in Wii Sports, it looked fairly straightforward - lift up the controller, as you do a bowling ball before you release, and then move the controller as if you were actually releasing a bowling ball.

Yea it'll be like those interactive games you can get for like $30 at walmart or whatever, but obviously better graphics and stuff than those.. But my main question is...the inferno? I know your in Col. but you gotta go with Rays!

If you have self-consious issues with graphics, then the wii may not be the thing for you. The graphical capabilities of the wii are less then 360 or ps3 obviously, and thats why you are not paying 600$ for a system. some things to keep in mind:

1) cost - not just the hardware, but the games are only 49.99 new as opposed to 59.99 that ps3 and 360 are.

2) graphics - Better then xbox, less then 360. Nothing has been released yet that utilitizes the graphics of a wii, keep in mind, focus is on gameplay and experience, not ploygon counts. Zelda TP was developed for the GC and was ported (meaning same game, just able to play it on different system) and it is an absolute technical marvel.

here are some recent reviews for Zelda TP:

IGN ** 9.5 / 10 Nov 17, 2006

GameSpy ** 5 / 5 Nov 13, 2006

Computer & Video Games UK ** 10 / 10 Nov 19, 2006

Yahoo! Games ** 4.5 / 5 Nov 18, 2006

Games Radar ** 10 / 10 Nov 18, 2006

GameDaily ** 4.5 / 5 Nov 17, 2006

1UP ** 10 / 10 Nov 16, 2006

eToychest ** 98 / 100 Nov 18, 2006

NintendoWorldReport ** 10 / 10 Nov 18, 2006

Game Helper ** 9.8 / 10 Nov 17, 2006

Gamerz-Edge ** 10 / 10 Nov 15, 2006

Lawrence ** 9.9 / 10 Nov 14, 2006

GamersMark ** 9.6 / 10 Nov 14, 2006

UnderGroundOnline ** A Nov 13, 2006

Wii Advanced 9.7 / 10 Nov 17, 2006

GameBrink 99 / 100 Nov 15, 2006

3) Downloadable classics - If you are a freak for older NES-SNES-n64-Genesis systems, you can dl and play several games ( for a cost obviously )

4) Fun for gaming with roomies - if you live with a lot of people you will be bound to have fun with the console.

I won't say its worth it yet, it just launched, but if you want the pwnage graphics its not, but if you want something that is fun, and will have some steller games ( Smash bros. Metroid Zelda FF:CC )

Also, look for more artistic games verses more graphic eye-candy filled games.

my 2cents anyways.

Graphics mean less to me than great games, and as long as Nintendo continues their Zelda and Metroid franchises, I will never buy another non-Nintendo console.

The wii has an ace up it's sleeve simply with the fact you will be able to download it's entire nes, snes, n64, gamecube. turbo graphic 16 and sega genesis catalog

at some point. The prices will probably range from 5 dollars to 25 dollars which is quite reasonable.

yes the controller is crazy but I remember when I first tried to use a n64 controller :? the wii controller doesn't seem nearly as complicated.