The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
MarlinsCanesCop86

What do Indians, Cavemen, Blake, and Briere have incommon.

Crybaby embellished it. Also, if he really wanted to get back at Blake, he could have dropped the gloves with him when he went up to him to do his patented whine and cry act.

Crybaby embellished it. Also, if he really wanted to get back at Blake, he could have dropped the gloves with him when he went up to him to do his patented whine and cry act.

Maybe he is going to settle the score at the All-Star break. Possibly flush the toilet while Blake is showering. :)

Yeah, judging by the video, Crosby embellished the hit. Though it was pretty funny to watch him try and intimidate Blake. Got right up in his face, and Blake's expression never changed.

Crosby is good but he's very quickly gaining the reputation of being a crybaby. I heard the announcers talking about this spear and how Crosby embelished it and he needs to learn how to get tough. They did say though due to how young he is most of his actions are due to inexperience, but he does need to stop all the whinning and man-up when he needs to.

They are jealous of real talent.

You can extend that argument to all announcers, media press and players who call him a crybaby too.

Crybabies complain about their linemates or being demoted to the checking line if they aren't producing. After watching the way grown men were beating up an 18 year old at the World Championships last year the kid has a damn good right to complain about abuse on the ice. As much as I love Ovechkin as a hockey player he owes a great deal of gratitude to Crosby....because the amount of abuse that kid gets from everyone really allows Ovechkin to fly under the radar.

They are jealous of real talent.

You can extend that argument to all announcers, media press and players who call him a crybaby too.

Crybabies complain about their linemates or being demoted to the checking line if they aren't producing. After watching the way grown men were beating up an 18 year old at the World Championships last year the kid has a damn good right to complain about abuse on the ice. As much as I love Ovechkin as a hockey player he owes a great deal of gratitude to Crosby....because the amount of abuse that kid gets from everyone really allows Ovechkin to fly under the radar.

If winning the Rookie of the Year is flying under the radar, then no one has ever heard of Cam Ward.

I don't like the fact that Crosby is getting the brunt of things, but it happens. Does anyone remember that period where everyone and their uncle's best friend's dog ganged up on Eric Staal? When you are good people are bound to come after you. People don't mess with Ovechkin because he's huge and not afraid to punch someone in the face. Crosby isn't really a fighter and would rather, sadly, whine about it. Besides, did everyone see that video where three guys tried to fight Ovechkin at once and they all pushed him at once and he didn't budge. Ovechkin has size on his side. It's like an NHL hazing. The period will pass eventually and one of these days he'll be doing it to the new kids too.

Oh, and this isn't a slight on Sidney. I think he's great, but his nickname says it all. "Sid the Kid". He has some growing up he needs to do, but it will come with time. And Briere shouldn't be spearing people. Just saying.

Ovechkin is bigger, but Sid is definitely a bigger boy then gretzky was...

Look up rookie photos of Gretzky, he looks like a wet noodle on skates :P

But you're right he is smaller and that obviously takes a toll

That's precisely the problem here.....Ovechkin isn't a moose, he has Brashear protecting him....there really isn't a player on pittsburgh that can provide the same intimidation.

Gretzky didn't need size...he had Dave Semenko and later Marty McSorley to kick anyone's a** that messed with him.

True that,,, the problem with this is that the NHL has and they are still looking at ways to take all this OUT of the game. It used to be the PLAYERS were allowed to police themselves and take care of anyone hitting your key player. Now everyone knows if you do that there will be a penalty for instagating or roughing. Players should know that if they hit your key player there will be a price to pay. It's BS and it's a shame they're taking all this out of the game, before long it'll just be 10 guys out on the ice skating back and forth shooting the puck into a soccer sized goal.

the reason for that is there aren't enough Crosby's and Ovechkin's to go around the league. If the superstars were given "untouchable" status by enforcers, the teams who don't have a superstar forward would really struggle. In short, it looks like Gretzky's words are coming back to haunt us. In the late 80s (I believe) the Oilers beat NJ by some outrageous score like 13-1. After the game Gretzky slipped up in an interview and called NJ a mickey mouse organization. Even though he eventually apologized for saying that, his words typified the growing problem in the NHL....There just isn't enough allstar caliber players to go around the league. Thankfully when the 80s came to an end so did the Cold War and with it a vast amount of hockey talent formally under the Soviet empire can into the league. It appeared that the problem of the late 80s was resolved with more talent, but instead of realising this, the NHL decided to rapidly expand the league all over America which only brought the problem of talent back to the forefront. Contraction was out of the question for Bettman, so the game became slower, tighter, and a lot more cheaper. Referees started putting the whistle in their pockets and new instigator rules made practically impossible for an enforcer to do his job.

Lemieux was complaining about this problem long before the "obstruction" rule was a twinkle in anyones eyes....Yet he was called a whiner for voicing his opinion. Today we have the obstruction rule, however players still take aggressive boarding hits against top caliber players on the other team. Enforcers are not there to just retaliate against dirty hits on star players, they're there to retaliate on ANY heavy hit put on a star player. Problem is the Salary Cap has made it cost inefficient to carry a 1-2 million dollar boxer who does nothing but play 7 min a game and fight. Now Crosby is complaining about the same thing, and everyone points the finger and calls him a whiner

Seriously A+ post. We've harvested every hockey country's talent and are still coming up short. Only a few guys in this league routinely do things that impress the casual fan.

I guess the issue is this....

80 percent of the league is based in America, yet America makes up something like 10-15% of the players in the league. Canada is somewhere between 40-50% and the europeans make up the rest. These figures could have changed since I last check.

However the problem is still the same.....Eventually it becomes unrealistic to expect a country (Canada) whose population is that of the entire state of California, to provide enough talent to cover half of a national league.

In the 70s Canada made up about 60-70% of the league's players on any given year. Back then the league was a lot smaller, so this sort of things was acceptable....today it just won't do. Unless a lot more kids across America start lacing up skates, I can't see this issue of talent resolving itself out.

This claim isn't restricted to kids in the Southern states either. My father entered his Atom youth hockey team into rep tournament in Rochester, NY last weekend. He coaches an AE team which is technically one level lower then single A. The tournament in Rochester was for Double A talent, yet they were still the talk of the whole tournament and nearly won the whole thing by one goal.

If a select team from Canada can compete in an American double A tournament....it means there isn't enough resources and community money being put into the sport at grass roots levels. I'm sure there are valid reasons for this, and I'm not trying to say hockey should be worshiped in every community. I'm just trying to point out some possible reasons.

That's precisely the problem here.....Ovechkin isn't a moose, he has Brashear protecting him....there really isn't a player on pittsburgh that can provide the same intimidation.

Cairns is hurt again? Or did they get rid of the big dolt?

Crosby < Ovechkin I DO NOT LIKE CROSBY k, just had to say that, he is a crybaby, I'll bet that he tries too much to show off in the All-Star game. I hope Turco, Luongo, and Kipprusoff shut him out.

He got the crybaby label last year and it has stuck with many people. What specifically has he whined about this year? I've seen the Pens play 10-12 times and I haven't seen it.

The guy is a teenager, 19 years old, and has been the most marked guy on the ice probably since he was 13. Under the circumstances he has held up pretty well. I don't like whiners any more than the next guy but you have to give him some slack given the circumstances.