The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

***List of issues and suggestions for the new board

The Edited By under a post. I think it included the number of edits and last time it was edited.

Hope you don't mind me jumping in here but that was shut off temporarily for some maintenance issues a few weeks ago, looks like it was never turned back on.  It appears we have several members taking advantage of the feature being turned off. laugh.gif

My PM alert on the main page is working,  yours isn't?  I received your pm and alert today, after the time zone was adjusted yesterday.

BTW, I requested they color the message alert so it stands out better when you sign on.  We'll see if they can do that, but I wont be holding my breath just in case.

Try sending me another PM, I'll let you know if I see the alert. I adjusted my time zone before that last post. Don't see why that would matter, but who knows?

Its unlikely the missing PM alert issue had anything to do with the time change, it was probably a glitch on the developers side.  If it disappears again, let any of the staff know so they can file a report and catch the glitch in action.

Is anyone else having trouble with the PM alert notification again?  Mine isn't showing up on the main page anymore so I'm wondering if the developers are working on fixing the coding again or maybe its just me?  All these codes seem to have an effect on each other, once they fix one of them...another one either disappears or malfunctions.

Is anyone else having trouble with the PM alert notification again?  Mine isn't showing up on the main page anymore so I'm wondering if the developers are working on fixing the coding again or maybe its just me?  All these codes seem to have an effect on each other, once they fix one of them...another one either disappears or malfunctions.
I'll assume that no one else is having this issue besides me?  

Since it appears that the kickapps/NHL support folks dont have many answers yet, I've spent sometime trying to see if some of these little bugs can be fixed on our end but unfortunately we have zero control over any of the coding for the message board software.  What I did find is that we can change some of the default settings, so I went ahead and made the Hurricane eye logo the default avatar (only for those that don't opt for their own image) instead of the sillouette head.  Let me know if you like this, you have a better choice or you'd rather have the sillouette back.  It wont change the avatar in older posts but will show up for any posts made since the change.   Someone had the idea of having JR as the default avatar...um no.  laugh.gif