The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
tsugatsuga

Seidenberg to Florida confirmed by TSN

Glad to see he found a place to play. Really wish we could have kept him but I am sure he will be in the top six there.

Berg, if you read these posts, Good Luck and many good memories here!

Kinda sad he signed for probably less than we would have paid two months ago and would have given him multi-years. sometimes when you play the game you lose and you have to be able to accept that (are you listening Babs?).

Kinda sad he signed for probably less than we would have paid two months ago and would have given him multi-years. sometimes when you play the game you lose and you have to be able to accept that (are you listening Babs?).
Do you think he would have gotten a better deal here a couple of months ago?  I thought the 2.25 sounded a little higher than I would have been looking to pay him.  He blocks shots and plays a lot of minutes but he doesn't do anything else exceptionally well.

[quote name='super-dave-1 wrote:

caniac-97']Kinda sad he signed for probably less than we would have paid two months ago and would have given him multi-years. sometimes when you play the game you lose and you have to be able to accept that (are you listening Babs?).

Do you think he would have gotten a better deal here a couple of months ago?  I thought the 2.25 sounded a little higher than I would have been looking to pay him.  He blocks shots and plays a lot of minutes but he doesn't do anything else exceptionally well.

He actually does two things well:

1) He isn't russian

2) He doesn't whine! 

I had really hoped that the canes would of found a way   to keep him.  he is a good steady dman.  i feel the canes could still use a solid defenseman, and seidenberg would of filled in that role nicely. 

I think he came out pretty good, 2.25 is slightly high - which is always the way it seems to go with Dmen. If he continues to improve he'll be worth it. I hate he's going to Florida, but it could be worse, he could have gone back to Phoenix!