The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
colliefan

convince me my I need to attend the pre-seaon games

Is it that you got them in previous seasons and not this season with the smaller plans?

I dont remember reading anything this pre-season about them being included in any plan actually, I was happy to see them whne the game showed up online. 

To answer your question though, I gladly paid the price for my pre-season tickets (by paying the full season price) because I am a caniac and hockey is what I crave all summer.  The same reason we tailgate for practices and take vacation from work to attend training camp.  The reason I HAVE to see pre-season hockey is because I want to welcome the new guys to the arena, thank the returning players for last season and say hello again to the new old players.  It might only be pre-season but I have got cabin fever, there is a storm brewing and i want to be in the center of it.  I need to smell the ice and get heartburn from the scent alone of those BBQ sandos.  I am hungry for caniac nation to assemble in the parking lot again, my grill is ready.  my cooler is cleaned.  the tent still works and its time to spend some great nights at the RBC Center.  Its Hurricanes hockey season!  Woooo Woooo Woooooooooooooooooo

other than paying for the games.....is there a reason not to go? To me, october is just not close enough.

Is it that you got them in previous seasons and not this season with the smaller plans?

I dont remember reading anything this pre-season about them being included in any plan actually, I was happy to see them whne the game showed up online. 

To answer your question though, I gladly paid the price for my pre-season tickets (by paying the full season price) because I am a caniac and hockey is what I crave all summer.  The same reason we tailgate for practices and take vacation from work to attend training camp.  The reason I HAVE to see pre-season hockey is because I want to welcome the new guys to the arena, thank the returning players for last season and say hello again to the new old players.  It might only be pre-season but I have got cabin fever, there is a storm brewing and i want to be in the center of it.  I need to smell the ice and get heartburn from the scent alone of those BBQ sandos.  I am hungry for caniac nation to assemble in the parking lot again, my grill is ready.  my cooler is cleaned.  the tent still works and its time to spend some great nights at the RBC Center.  Its Hurricanes hockey season!  Woooo Woooo Woooooooooooooooooo

other than paying for the games.....is there a reason not to go? To me, october is just not close enough.

Sounds good enough to me.  See ya Friday

The only reason I go is b/c I'm a season ticket holder...

BUT, here are some reasons I enjoy them

1. It's cool seeing our prospects play - I really enjoyed watching Boychuck play last year and I'm very excited to see McBain this year.

2. You get to see the new players play - sure, this will come in the regular season, but still pretty cool.

3. You get to see 4 goalies play

4. YOU HAVEN'T SEEN HOCKEY SINCE MAY!

I have been a 26 game season ticket holder for several years, and am feeling very gipped this year. In the past at least one or two pre-season games were included in our package. I would like to see these games, as I enjoy the time to get used to seeing the new players, and the prospective players. We also do not have the last home game of the season in our package this year.

I'm not sure I can convince anyone to pay season ticket prices for a pre-season game that used to be included in this package!  I totally understand not having all of the benefits of Full season ticket holders, but feel I am being penalized for remaining a 26-gamer this year, as things have been taken away! wth.gif 

I have always thought that pre season games were a waste until the Blue Jacket game last year. Fun game there.

Are all STH's aware that you can exchange your pre season tickets for regular season tickets?

Works as long as they are not free tickets.

I will be exchanging mine I'll tell you what.

I have always thought that pre season games were a waste until the Blue Jacket game last year. Fun game there.

Are all STH's aware that you can exchange your pre season tickets for regular season tickets?

As much as it makes sense to trade in the tickets, I'm going to both games.  I've got to go Friday because it's been forever without hockey.  I'll also go next Friday since we only get 2 chances to see the young guys.

with the pre-season games not included in any of the mini-packs and priced at regular season levels, give me some good reasons why I need to attend the games?
You shouldn't.  Why don't you work my Friday night shift, and I'll go and enjoy myself.....I mean suffer in your place. laugh.gif

I'd like to at least have the option of making that decision. Being stationed overseas I'll have to wait until the regular season starts and only get to watch the game 24 hours after they have played. Try avoiding the Canes web site the radio (we have canadian forces radio here and hockey scores ran every 15 mins it seems) and all the Canuks who know every minutia about every game played in the last 72 hours. So remember you at least have the option to watch, Pre-season wasn't carried online by espn360 last year so as far as I know they wont be this year.

[quote name='super-dave-1 wrote:

cheapseats']I have always thought that pre season games were a waste until the Blue Jacket game last year. Fun game there.

As much as it makes sense to trade in the tickets, I'm going to both games.  I've got to go Friday because it's been forever without hockey.  I'll also go next Friday since we only get 2 chances to see the young guys.

Preach  it Brother Hypen!!!

Were they regular season price last year? I went to a few last year and I thought they were cheaper.

They have always been regular season prices.  the last two or three years though the first one was free to the general public, the second one was free to all STH'ers and the remaining to full season ticket holders only.  There are only two preseason home games this year which is probably why none were free.

The only reason I go is b/c I'm a season ticket holder...

BUT, here are some reasons I enjoy them

1. It's cool seeing our prospects play - I really enjoyed watching Boychuck play last year and I'm very excited to see McBain this year.

2. You get to see the new players play - sure, this will come in the regular season, but still pretty cool.

3. You get to see 4 goalies play

4. YOU HAVEN'T SEEN HOCKEY SINCE MAY!

Check, Check, Check & Check... All the reason I bought tickets and will go!

Really enjoyed the game with Philly last year...got to see Walker pound the guy that hit Cullen (and see him holding his hand as he went off the ice, d'oh!)...blood on the ice...got great seats up close in 106...my son got to high five the players in the tunnel while I took video...and I got a free t-shirt. Oh, and I'm pretty sure we won! :) All that and it was free in the group package deal - not bad! Wish we were going tomorrow, definitely hoping to do next week.

well I'm definitely going tomorrow. Can't wait to see Bowman, Boychuk, Sutter, Terry, Murphy, etc.

Plus, it'll be my birthday. Hockey on my birthday hasn't really happened in the past few years.

I love the Canes and can't wait for the games to start but I can't afford to go to pre-season games. I watched the Toronto-Boston pre-season game on the nhl network last night. Coke bought all the tickets and gave them away. Great way to promote their Coke zero and a chance to attract new fans with free tickets. There were 5 fights in that game.

I love the Canes and can't wait for the games to start but I can't afford to go to pre-season games. I watched the Toronto-Boston pre-season game on the nhl network last night. Coke bought all the tickets and gave them away. Great way to promote their Coke zero and a chance to attract new fans with free tickets. There were 5 fights in that game.
I hear the loser's of the fights had to drink a twelve pack of Coke Zero (that is one way to increase sales - even if it is just one night).