The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
sandpiper214

Phil Janack Articles

Hello all,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have been cut loose by the Gazette as of Sept. 18. The move came as quite a shock to myself and my colleagues, both at the paper and in the business. It has been my extreme pleasure to cover the Albany River Rats and the AHL for the past 16 years, and I want to thank everyone who followed the trials and tribulations of their future NHLers, both in print and on-line. Because of you, my former blog, Phil-ing in the Blanks, won third place in New York state, an awards ceremony I was supposed to attend on the 24th. In any case, thanks again and I hope to be back on my feet soon, whether at another news organization or a personal blog. It has been fun.

PJ

Hello all,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have been cut loose by the Gazette as of Sept. 18. The move came as quite a shock to myself and my colleagues, both at the paper and in the business. It has been my extreme pleasure to cover the Albany River Rats and the AHL for the past 16 years, and I want to thank everyone who followed the trials and tribulations of their future NHLers, both in print and on-line. Because of you, my former blog, Phil-ing in the Blanks, won third place in New York state, an awards ceremony I was supposed to attend on the 24th. In any case, thanks again and I hope to be back on my feet soon, whether at another news organization or a personal blog. It has been fun.

PJ

Check your private messages smile.gif

How do I find private messages? I'm new to this message board stuff.

Haha, welcome to the chaos.

Some instructions:   http://fans.hurricanes.nhl.com/topic/15271

If for some reason you get what we call the white screen of death, go back and click your user name (or anyones) and then try the My Home button again.  When you get a chance, set up your profile because many of the features get activated that way and others can then access your profile.

The death screen continues to foil me.

You're not alone. 

Anyway, we've really appreciated having your articles available to us on this board, especially those of us who don't follow the River Rats that closely.  Its been great to learn more about our up and coming prospects and we'd love it if you wanted to keep adding your insights to this section of the board.  Sandpiper and Max do a great job keeping us all informed, but having you here will make it even better.  Just wanted to throw that out to you while you're in job transition.  The economy has really taken its toll on many.