The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
nhbeast

Babchuk signs with KHL

[quote name='UNCCaniac8 wrote:

JLP']...At any rate, I hope he tears it up in the KHL this year, and who knows - if Corvo is too expensive to re-sign, Babs may be back.
eek.gif

I would be hard pressed to make a comparison between Babs and Corvo (except the hard shot from the point on the PP). Corvo has a better developed defensive skill set than Babs. Corvo is introspective and sets a high performance expectation on himself. Babs behaves like a tempermental child-----and don't say it is his age. We have younger players than Babs (Staal and Ward) who are true professionals. I think it has to do with Babs' personality. He may well grow better defensively, but I bet his temperment and personality will get in his way a lot. I, too, hope he does well in the KHL but I wouldn't consider Babs for Corvo a good trade off for next year. I would rather look elsewhere if we can't re-sign Corvo. Just my two cents. 

Lol... this ---> eek.gif  says "eek" when you hold your mouse over it. I should have used sick.gif, which is "sick". laugh.gif  I am with you 100%, and hope to see Joe back next year. I highly doubt Anton will ever wear the sightless eye again, and I think it's 50/50 at best that he ever plays in the NHL againwiki-favicon-sharpened.pngfavicon.icofavicon.icofavicon.ico.

Good riddance, Babs. Don't let the door hit your whining, self-aggrandizing, mutinous rear end as you leave the country.

Fine work, JR - and I mean that sincerely. 

Good riddance, Babs. Don't let the door hit your whining, self-aggrandizing, mutinous rear end as you leave the country.

Fine work, JR - and I mean that sincerely. 

he is still our property so it is kind a cool he can't sign elsewhere.

So how long do we retain his rights and control his destiny? According the the players' salaries site (by team) he's an RFA this year and then nothing is shown so I assume we relinquish his rights after this year. Surely we can't own his rights forever.

So how long do we retain his rights and control his destiny? According the the players' salaries site (by team) he's an RFA this year and then nothing is shown so I assume we relinquish his rights after this year. Surely we can't own his rights forever.

Not forever but he is ours until he finishes x number of years of NHL level service (he would have completed that after this season) or reaches the age of 28 i think (he is four years away from that).

This thread is no more.

'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This thread is no more! It has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!!

THIS IS AN EX-THREAD!!

This thread is no more.

'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This thread is no more! It has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!!

THIS IS AN EX-THREAD!!

this is the thread formerly known as Babchuk.  wonder if there is a Russian or Chinese symbol for "Oh Crap!".