The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac-97

Who's tailgating and what's on the Menu for Opening Night . . . .

Unfortunately, I won't be able to get there until about 5.  I had hoped to get there much earlier but the missus' job dictates otherwise.  Haven't put together the menu yet.

Well, in a surprising twist, I found out this morning that my husband and I are going to be able to fly over from Belgium and catch the first two games of the season...so I'm ecstatic just to be able to post in this thread!  If he makes it back from his day trip up to Philly and back in time to tailgate, it will probably be some Bojangles.  If not, we should be able to at least have a beer in the lot and then pick up a BBQ sandwich in the RBC.  I cannot freaking wait!

Fosters (Beer that is)

Homeade Hard Lemonade

Sausages of various kinds

Peppers and Onions

Chips,Dip

All starting at no later than 2 PM

Menu includes:

Ice cold Guinness,

A little brown liquor

Deer sausages - homeade of course

Brats

Burgers

Green-winged teal and snow goose poppers (that's a horse doer)

Pasta or other salad type

Chips and dip

Sweet dessert - cake, cookies, etc.

All starting at 4 o'clock sharp 

Limited on weekdays due to work schedule of others. IF we get there by 6pm, no time to grill, but will have:

beer

sushi for vegetarians

homemade BBQ w/ store slaw

beer

chips, veggies, cheeses, dip

beer

and my favorite: Amaretto and 50/50 highballs (Amaretto sours)

beer

Limited on weekdays due to work schedule of others. IF we get there by 6pm, no time to grill, but will have:

beer

sushi for vegetarians

beer

beer

beer

Two questions

What's a sushi?

What's a vegetarian?

[quote name='super-dave-1 wrote:

ivyleager']Limited on weekdays due to work schedule of others. IF we get there by 6pm, no time to grill, but will have:

beer

sushi for vegetarians

beer

beer

beer

Two questions

What's a sushi?

What's a vegetarian?Sushi - Food for folks who don't like deer or duck meat but like to fish?

caniac-97']Brightleafs (Chili, mustard, ketchup)

Chips (Grandma Utz's - is there any other kind)

Pasta Salad (my significant other makes the greatest)

beverages

so what about everyone else?[/indent]

Are brightleafs those pinkish/red hotdogs that taste like a genuine leather belt?  no wonder you have to load em up with toppings.  You should try a nathans dog, it may awaken your tatse buds.

Are brightleafs those pinkish/red hotdogs that taste like a genuine leather belt? 

That's just the snout, tail, hoof, and elbow skin.  Where do you think the taste comes from?  I'm sure we'll be cooking some Red Hots as well as some other stuff.  Just so you know, a Red Hot is what is made with the leftovers from the hot dogs.

[quote name='mluther9 wrote:

caniac-97']Brightleafs (Chili, mustard, ketchup)

Chips (Grandma Utz's - is there any other kind)

Pasta Salad (my significant other makes the greatest)

beverages

so what about everyone else?

Are brightleafs those pinkish/red hotdogs that taste like a genuine leather belt?  no wonder you have to load em up with toppings.  You should try a nathans dog, it may awaken your taste buds.

I have tried Nathans plus several German varieties of dogs, use to travel to NJ and really prefer those (deep fried with chili and spicy brown mustard).  But the significant other likes Brightleafs and you know the saying "when momma is happy then everyone is happy".

I guess it comes down to what you like or are used to in a hotdog.  Like all beef dogs, definitely go Nathans.  If you don't mind eyelids, skin, ears, and whatever other leftover part most companies throw away then Brightleafs are for you.  They are made from beef and pork .. kinda.

Hey are any of you open to meeting people while tailgating, or is it sort of a family/friend only type of thing? I won't be there Opening night, but just wondering for several of the weekend games that I always go to.

And no I don't want to be a moocher haha, just would like to meet fellow Caniacs.

Hey are any of you open to meeting people while tailgating, or is it sort of a family/friend only type of thing? I won't be there Opening night, but just wondering for several of the weekend games that I always go to.

And no I don't want to be a moocher haha, just would like to meet fellow Caniacs.

Far right side of the east lot (as you are looking at the RBC). Gold minivan.  Any and all Caniacs are welcome.  I may be wandering around to other tailgaters so come back again if you don't find me.  I have a tendancy to grab a beer and go walking.

Two questions

What's a sushi?

What's a vegetarian?

sushi = bait

vegetarian = My 17 year old son who makes his parents endure the cuisine of India  while surrounded by Sports Bars, Steak Houses

and Italian restaurants that would make a Goodfella's mouth water.  mad.gif

(his social redeeming quality is he is a hockey fan)

I guess it comes down to what you like or are used to in a hotdog.  Like all beef dogs, definitely go Nathans.  If you don't mind eyelids, skin, ears, and whatever other leftover part most companies throw away then Brightleafs are for you.  They are made from beef and pork .. kinda.
Hey, I like my eyelids, lips and ear!!!!

not a family thing but a Caniac thing, i am usually parked in the west lot in the handicapped spaces near the west entrance.  will have a couple of tables setup, chairs, and a popup.  always bring extra because you don't know who might stop by.

Navigate over to the far east lot and and look for the Hurricanes warning flags topping Blackbeard's flag on a 30 ft flagpole and you have found our crowd.  Our crowd is under it.  And who knows who just might wander by?

I'm proud to say that I'll be there.  Probably leaving Asheville around noon so should be down there around 345ish-4.  On the menu?  Probably Bud Light and Bojangles

I'll be wearing the red stanley cup patched Commodore jersey.  I know he doesn't play for us anymore, but he's still a Hurricanes icon in my opinion

[quote name='super-dave-1 wrote:

ivyleager']Limited on weekdays due to work schedule of others. IF we get there by 6pm, no time to grill, but will have:

beer

sushi for vegetarians

beer

beer

beer

Two questions

What's a sushi?

What's a vegetarian?a vegetarian is an Indian word for "bad hunter".   Be nice to sushi....if you only knew sushi like I know sushi.....

[quote name='ivyleager wrote:

super-dave-1 wrote:

beer

sushi for vegetarians

beer

beer

beer

Two questions

What's a sushi?

What's a vegetarian?
a vegetarian is an Indian word for "bad hunter".   Be nice to sushi....if you only knew sushi like I know sushi.....

I'll buy that as a definition of vegetarian.  If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them so tasty?

I will not be tailgating for this one, since I have to unload my truck.  At least my DM is letting me ope and not close for Opening Night(The Devils series turned him into a hockey fan. )

I'll be rolling into the parking lot around 5, can't go wrong with a cooler of Bud Light and some tasty burgers. I might just stop in and meet some of you fellow Caniacs. Can't wait to get this season rollin!