The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac-97

Who's tailgating and what's on the Menu for Opening Night . . . .

I'll be rolling into the parking lot around 5, can't go wrong with a cooler of Bud Light and some tasty burgers. I might just stop in and meet some of you fellow Caniacs. Can't wait to get this season rollin!

Dump that Bud Light and get some good beer and you have a plan.  Or you can stop by my place for a good beer.

[quote name='super-dave-1 wrote:

ivyleager']Limited on weekdays due to work schedule of others. IF we get there by 6pm, no time to grill, but will have:

beer

sushi for vegetarians

homemade BBQ w/ store slaw

beer

chips, veggies, cheeses, dip

beer

and my favorite: Amaretto and 50/50 highballs (Amaretto sours)

beer

Two questions

What's a sushi?

What's a vegetarian?My gf and I will be having veggie dogs but we will cook regular hot dogs for our friends, among other things. And lots of Miller.

[quote name='eek.gifcane-addict-1 wrote:

super-dave-1 wrote:

ivyleager']Limited on weekdays due to work schedule of others. IF we get there by 6pm, no time to grill, but will have:

beer

sushi for vegetarians

beer

beer

beer

Two questions

What's a sushi?

What's a vegetarian?
My gf and I will be having veggie dogs but we will cook regular hot dogs for our friends, among other things. And lots of Miller.

Veggie dogs.  What is this world coming too?  To take something as American as a hot dog and .....

[quote name='cane-addict-1 wrote:

super-dave-1 wrote:

beer

sushi for vegetarians

beer

beer

beer

Two questions

What's a sushi?

What's a vegetarian?
My gf and I will be having veggie dogs but we will cook regular hot dogs for our friends, among other things. And lots of Miller.

That is as sad as having to say "Hi, my name is _________________ and I graduated from UNC-Chapel Hill.  How do you like my Birkenstocks??  Aren't they the bomb!!" 

I gotta take a shower after this post!!

Somebody starts a thread about tailgating and somehow people have involved sushi, vegetarians, and now veggie dogs?

I feel dirty just having read these things.  I've posted this pic before and let me reassure you, these aren't veggie pigs.  I know it isn't exactly a tailgate picture, but the meaning is the same and I am wearing a Canes cap. Beer and meat (hot dogs kind of count as meat) are the backbone of tailgating and the American way of life.

s7001833.jpg

This pic may bring a tear to the eye of all real Americans.  It depicts all that is right in the world.

cane-addict-1']My gf and I will be having veggie dogs but we will cook regular hot dogs for our friends, among other things. And lots of Miller.

Somebody starts a thread about tailgating and somehow people have involved sushi, vegetarians, and now veggie dogs?

I feel dirty just having read these things.  I've posted this pic before and let me reassure you, these aren't veggie pigs.  I know it isn't exactly a tailgate picture, but the meaning is the same and I am wearing a Canes cap. Beer and meat (hot dogs kind of count as meat) are the backbone of tailgating and the American way of life.

s7001833.jpg

This pic may bring a tear to the eye of all real Americans.  It depicts all that is right in the world.

Please don't visit our tailgating party if you are expecting sushi, veggie dogs, or other vegan or vegetarian fare.  We only serve good, wholesome American food and drink.  Disclaimer:  Alot of my food has been shot and has subsequently been in a dog's mouth, e.g. my world famous duck poppers.

Please don't visit our tailgating party if you are expecting sushi, veggie dogs, or other vegan or vegetarian fare.  We only serve good, wholesome American food and drink.  Disclaimer:  Alot of my food has been shot and has subsequently been in a dog's mouth, e.g. my world famous duck poppers.

Be honest now, some of your food may be wholesome Canadian food and not American.

coastal_caniac']

Be honest now, some of your food may be wholesome Canadian food and not American.

Yes, some of my Friday fare was shot in Canada.  However, it is prepared American style.  banana.gif 

cane-addict-1']My gf and I will be having veggie dogs but we will cook regular hot dogs for our friends, among other things. And lots of Miller.

s7001833.jpg

It not only brought a tear to my eye but I had to stand up and face the direction of the RBC Center and salute.  Then I cranked up a little Skynard on the iPod!!

Yes, some of my Friday fare was shot in Canada.  However, it is prepared American style.  banana.gif 

I guess if you say Pledge of Allegiance or sing the National Anthem as you are preparing them that it'll be okay.

[quote name='caniac-97 wrote:

fallen_apostle']Hey are any of you open to meeting people while tailgating, or is it sort of a family/friend only type of thing? I won't be there Opening night, but just wondering for several of the weekend games that I always go to.

And no I don't want to be a moocher haha, just would like to meet fellow Caniacs.

not a family thing but a Caniac thing, i am usually parked in the west lot in the handicapped spaces near the west entrance.  will have a couple of tables setup, chairs, and a popup.  always bring extra because you don't know who might stop by.

You mean like Ken Ward coming over (right by the general parking handicap spaces on the west side) to rub my son's freshly buzzed head while he (my son) was playing street hockey (goalie of course) before game 1 vs. Montreal in '06?? Funny, but he declined a beer/soda - don't think he quite got the "southern hospitality" thing at that point... Still waiting for him to come back around and see how much that little kid has grown since...

woot! also just found out that no one else in the family has claimed one of our seats - and will be attending in person! will probably get there around 1715 or so, but will be in the west premier handicapped section - god, thank-you for my 80yr old dad's new knees and the accompanying handicap sticker for good parking (even though "premier" part was my idea) laugh.gif

[quote name='sixnitepkg wrote:

caniac-97 wrote:

fallen_apostle']Hey are any of you open to meeting people while tailgating, or is it sort of a family/friend only type of thing? I won't be there Opening night, but just wondering for several of the weekend games that I always go to.

And no I don't want to be a moocher haha, just would like to meet fellow Caniacs.

not a family thing but a Caniac thing, i am usually parked in the west lot in the handicapped spaces near the west entrance.  will have a couple of tables setup, chairs, and a popup.  always bring extra because you don't know who might stop by.

You mean like Ken Ward coming over (right by the general parking handicap spaces on the west side) to rub my son's freshly buzzed head while he (my son) was playing street hockey (goalie of course) before game 1 vs. Montreal in '06?? Funny, but he declined a beer/soda - don't think he quite got the "southern hospitality" thing at that point... Still waiting for him to come back around and see how much that little kid has grown since...

woot! also just found out that no one else in the family has claimed one of our seats - and will be attending in person! will probably get there around 1715 or so, but will be in the west premier handicapped section - god, thank-you for my 80yr old dad's new knees and the accompanying handicap sticker for good parking (even though "premier" part was my idea) laugh.gif

that wasn't me, didn't start using the handicapped spots until we started bringing the sister-in-law last season.  The beautiful thing about bringing her other than the spot is we can get her in handicapped seating which is a good distance from mine (she is one of those folks that is a know it without any actual background on the subject - she doesn't understand why we can score a goal every time we have the puck).

Menu includes:

Ice cold Guinness,

A little brown liquor

Deer sausages - homeade of course

Brats

Burgers

Green-winged teal and snow goose poppers (that's a horse doer)

Pasta or other salad type

Chips and dip

Sweet dessert - cake, cookies, etc.

All starting at 4 o'clock sharp 

Let me know where I can find you Cuz! You have all the fright fixins...

Menu includes:

Ice cold Guinness,

A little brown liquor

Brats

Burgers

Chips and dip

Let me know where I can find you Cuz! You have all the right fixins...

[quote name='acaniac wrote:

coastal_caniac']Menu includes:

Ice cold Guinness,

A little brown liquor

Brats

Burgers

Chips and dip

Let me know where I can find you Cuz! You have all the fright fixins...

East parking lot, way out by the road, next to the road leading to the east entrance.  Green Ford F-250 flying Hurricanes warning flags over Blackbeard's flag.

hello? is this thing on? am I posting? really!!! awesome, I haven't been able to log in since the changeover, Can't wait for Friday, I think I might eat a slim jim and have a pepsi. That should be good enough, don't want to fill up too much.

hello? is this thing on? am I posting? really!!! awesome, I haven't been able to log in since the changeover, Can't wait for Friday, I think I might eat a slim jim and have a pepsi. That should be good enough, don't want to fill up too much.
You know how to party.  Maybe get a nap in and be really ready.

Thought you guys would want to know that the lots won't open till 4pm.

That's just when they start collecting money.  I've been there as early as noon for a 7 PM game. 

Just behave and clean up after yourself and there won't be any problems.

Sorry, TSA, but most of us know tailgating has it's own rules. banana.gif  It's not uncommon to see a full parking lot at 2:00 during the playoffs.   Some of us have been know to get there a might early during the regular season.  Those parking dudes and gals will find ya.  Everybody come when you feel like it, it's not a problem.   

Please leave the tailgating to the experts.  For those who don't know the parking lot opens when you get there.  The parking dudes and gals will find you and get your ten bucks. Just show up, its not a problem.